Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Will it get better or is this just how it is?

If your surrounded by accepted sites, that is the way it's going to be. I'm having the same issue here in Yuma, LTE is very weak and spotty; very rare I get a connection indoors.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

If your surrounded by accepted sites, that is the way it's going to be. I'm having the same issue here in Yuma, LTE is very weak and spotty; very rare I get a connection indoors.

You mean we won't be having "Spark" (or what ever it will be) anytime soon? :-P

Lateck,

You mean we won't be having "Spark" (or what ever it will be) anytime soon? :-P

Lateck,

Spark is the 2.5GHz spectrum from Clearwire.

800MHz SMR spectrum taken from Nextel is the issue in IBEZ areas like ours. The internationa boundary with Canada and Mexico means that there are numerous other regulatory difficulties that need to be overcome before the spectrum can be used for CDMA/LTE. Stray signals travelling over the border can wreak havok so it must be planned out exactly for guard bands, etc. to mitigate issues. Anyplace within approximately 100 miles of the Canadian and Mexican borders aren't going to see 800MHz for a while, thus we will have worse indoor coverage and some gaps between towers still that anywhere else would be covered.

I'm hoping we get to see Spark coverage faster due to this however. Part of the other reason for 800MHz is to offload some customers from the 1900MHz LTE if possible to ballance the load, without the ability to do that in IBEZ areas, the LTE carriers here will get overloaded faster, which Spark could help take care of by generating those higher-speed LTE hotspots around the towers for those within range. This may just be wishful thinking on my part though.

Spark is the 2.5GHz spectrum from Clearwire.

800MHz SMR spectrum taken from Nextel is the issue in IBEZ areas like ours. The internationa boundary with Canada and Mexico means that there are numerous other regulatory difficulties that need to be overcome before the spectrum can be used for CDMA/LTE. Stray signals travelling over the border can wreak havok so it must be planned out exactly for guard bands, etc. to mitigate issues. Anyplace within approximately 100 miles of the Canadian and Mexican borders aren't going to see 800MHz for a while, thus we will have worse indoor coverage and some gaps between towers still that anywhere else would be covered.

I'm hoping we get to see Spark coverage faster due to this however. Part of the other reason for 800MHz is to offload some customers from the 1900MHz LTE if possible to ballance the load, without the ability to do that in IBEZ areas, the LTE carriers here will get overloaded faster, which Spark could help take care of by generating those higher-speed LTE hotspots around the towers for those within range. This may just be wishful thinking on my part though.

If it was already established with Nextel then why cant they just use that? Its not like its a different company anymore, they own it! 

If it was already established with Nextel then why cant they just use that? Its not like its a different company anymore, they own it! 

The spectrum is only authorized for interleaved narrowband transmissions on specific channels, coordinated with Mexican and Canadian companies within the International Boundary Exclusion Zone.  Sprint can continue to use narrowband technologies like iDEN in the IBEZ.  But that is not useful.

Both CDMA and LTE are wideband operations.  Coordination with International Wireless providers has not been completed between the two countries for the 800MHz SMR band.  That is the problem.

Robert

• Like 2

FINALLY!!!!! 4G at Wilmot/Nicaragua, Tucson (DMAFB Wilmot gate).

That site has been giving horrible service for weeks now. We knew it was being upgraded despite no official ticket in the system. Must have gotten at least 5 people a day into our store for just that tower.

That site has been giving horrible service for weeks now. We knew it was being upgraded despite no official ticket in the system. Must have gotten at least 5 people a day into our store for just that tower.

4G speed download 8.8 Mps but now signal strength has been reduced to 3-4 bars. It used to be 6 solid bars.

For the past week, I've been seeing crews working on the already accepted sites here in Yuma. I haven't noticed anything new on the towers and I haven't seen anything different with the signals. Anyone have an idea of what they might be doing?

For the past week, I've been seeing crews working on the already accepted sites here in Yuma. I haven't noticed anything new on the towers and I haven't seen anything different with the signals. Anyone have an idea of what they might be doing?

Possibilities include adjusting/tuning the sites, adding cards for 1x 800, adding cards for LTE 800, avoiding other work, forgot their favorite coffee thermos, etc....

So in Yuma the Foothills Blvd tower still is not broadcasting lte. My Airave crashed at home and had to call sprint for a replacement, the tech said the system showed that tower is scheduled to be lte live in the next 3 months. I still have no idea why that one tower was left out of the mix when all the other towers in Yuma went lte live

Possibilities include adjusting/tuning the sites, adding cards for 1x 800, adding cards for LTE 800, avoiding other work, forgot their favorite coffee thermos, etc....

Well they do have a boom working on the antennas and it looked like they were plugging more stuff up there but it was very hard to see.

Anybody else having horrible indoor coverage?  I work at the Quik Trip on 1st and Glenn, I can see an LTE tower about 100 yards away.  When I go indoors, my coverage significantly drops from full to 2-3 bars.  At other places I've noticed having 2-3 bars outside, then going inside and being at 3g half the time and a bar of LTE the other half.

Anybody else having horrible indoor coverage?  I work at the Quik Trip on 1st and Glenn, I can see an LTE tower about 100 yards away.  When I go indoors, my coverage significantly drops from full to 2-3 bars.  At other places I've noticed having 2-3 bars outside, then going inside and being at 3g half the time and a bar of LTE the other half.

Buildings significantly disrupt cell signals. This is not an unknown phenomenon. Some buildings more than others, it just depends on the construction. If you're walking into a metal box, good luck getting signal. 

It doesn't help either that all sites aren't broadcasting yet. Though you are close to the halfway mark.

Is that a fairly new Quick Trip? Doesn't show up on Google Maps satellite or street view haha.

But why does the 3g work in the same place? This is what I don't get. My gf is always completing that she never gets 4g at her work. She has to turn lte mode off because when it does connect nothing on her phone will work. The tower by her work and in back both have lte.

But why does the 3g work in the same place? This is what I don't get. My gf is always completing that she never gets 4g at her work. She has to turn lte mode off because when it does connect nothing on her phone will work. The tower by her work and in back both have lte.

Because you need a stronger signal for LTE to work? Thought that had been discussed before.

LTE propagates at the same rate as EVDO, but is a more fragile air link. LTE works down to about -95dBm RSSI whereas EVDO works down to about -115dBm RSSI.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Now I am really confused! We were all lead to believe that 4G would provide better penetration. Does that mean I need to place my phone back to 3G before having sex? LOL! Actually, it's not that big of a deal to switch back and forth - I get full bars for phone calls in CDMA and 3-4 bars when using data in 4G (usually 7.5-15 Mbps). Bottom line is service has improved significantly.

P.S. Sensorly reflects a 4 bar signal is tops for 4G.

Because you need a stronger signal for LTE to work? Thought that had been discussed before.

LTE propagates at the same rate as EVDO, but is a more fragile air link. LTE works down to about -95dBm RSSI whereas EVDO works down to about -115dBm RSSI.

Sent from my Nexus 5

-_- Its just extremely frustrating.. No LTE at home or work and when i do run into it it doesn't  function half the time anyway. The whole process feels pointless. 

What is an air link? I thought they were both 1900? 

eHRPD:11 is the equivalent of an Error 67 on EVDO. Most new phones now show both eHRPD:11 MIP:67 on the error screen that comes up now.

It is a data authentication failure. There are numerous reasons for this to occur, most having to do with your phone's data provisioning being out of sync with the network values. It will also occur when your phone is hotlined, suspended or disconnected; since your NAI is then suspended as well in those instances.

It gives no information to actually  determine what the cause is, it's the runny nose of the mobile world, a symptom with no real evidence of the cause but a huge number of potential causes.

Question, if an account is suspended, hotlined etc, would this message occur on all the phones in ones account or only on the main line?  

Edit: never mind, found the problem. and to answer my own question, yes, the other three lines were not suspended, only the main line on the account. Seems that I failed to correct my Banks' BillPay which had the previous credit card (that was hacked) number and didn't update with the new card. So my payment never went through lol opps.

Sprint ain't no joke, You have 10 days left to pay, but we want our money now. It isn't called the Now network for no reason. lol

TS