Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I will swing by there this afternoon for mapping and screen shots unless someone beats me to itSent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

If it is indeed live, might be time to update that tracking sheet to include serving cell IDs and such to track the rollout!

I don't have sensorly but had 4G from 32nd and Pacific to right before 4th Ave and 24th. Ran a few speed tests and 6mbps was the highest dl I pulled

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

You've got the bandwidth. Install sensorly. ;)

Im confused right now. Are we talking LTE or regular 4G?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

What is regular 4G? The only "4G" Sprint has installed in the past two years is LTE. If you are referring to WiMax, they stopped deploying that in Mid 2011.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I just DL sensorly so I can start mapping when out and about, but here is what I pull at the office, this speed was consistent over many tests, and is indoors. (office in Tuscany Plaza on Ave B and 28th St. In Yuma) Posted Image

• Like 1

Awesome, the speeds I am seeing are better than friends on VZW and AT&T, and no stupid Data limit to hold it down. Just DL FIFA 14 over 4G, 1.27GB and it only took 10 min, that would have been almost half of the data limit on the other networks.

What is regular 4G? The only "4G" Sprint has installed in the past two years is LTE. If you are referring to WiMax, they stopped deploying that in Mid 2011.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Oh yes I was talking about WiMAX that's what I refer to when I say regular 4G :P

There could be a live site in Tucson already. Or Cochise County. Or Nogales... all a matter of finding them before Robert ;)

I swear a couple days ago I thought I saw my phone pop 4G for a brief moment, but I didn't have LTE Discovery to log it... My drive home today will take me through town.. we'll see.

There could be a live site in Tucson already. Or Cochise County. Or Nogales... all a matter of finding them before Robert ;)

I swear a couple days ago I thought I saw my phone pop 4G for a brief moment, but I didn't have LTE Discovery to log it... My drive home today will take me through town.. we'll see.

I'll go all through out tucson and check for LTE ;-) haha what part of tucson do you live in techsmurf?

I mapped sensory should show up later today or tomorrow, sensory says it can take up to 24 hours to reflect. Screen shots, I'll post some in a little bit

I did the same, I mapped a little

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I mapped sensory should show up later today or tomorrow, sensory says it can take up to 24 hours to reflect. Screen shots, I'll post some in a little bit

I did the same, I mapped a little too. Here's my signal at the big curb 4th Ave and 32ND street

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

uploadfromtaptalk1381358937673.jpg

I have a question, does LTE signal reach as far as 3G does? Because when I went to Florida last summer it didn't seem like it :P

It reaches just as far, but the LTE airlink is more fragile. You need a stronger signal for it to work. You most likely not be able to use LTE at the edge of what is current 3G coverage. 

• Like 1

It reaches just as far, but the LTE airlink is more fragile. You need a stronger signal for it to work. You most likely not be able to use LTE at the edge of what is current 3G coverage.

Ohhhh I see I was just wondering because in the hotel room in Orlando, I would have 2 full bars of LTE and out of nowhere loose it & go to 3G? I was thinking it would maybe make sense if I had barely 1 bar of it but no I had 2 :o