Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Things are a mixed bag right now. Service has improved in the Foothills but today I was driving around the old part of town and trying to map with Sensory and it could not even pull up the map....

Lateck,

This sucks, the tower that I connect to it home started failing again, 3 days ago. It started behaving the same way it did about a month ago.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Its so weird I'm on 6th ave and 9th st and I'm getting horrible service. And the evdo that I'm getting is rev.0...crazy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

That is wierd, there should be a tower almost in front of you. I wonder if it's failing like the one at 20th Street.

That is wierd, there should be a tower almost in front of you. I wonder if it's failing like the one at 20th Street.

Well I know the tower their on ave b has had a cherry picker their for the last idk 3.5 months and it looks like one set of panels are missing some. I'm not sure if they are sprint panels or if that is a sprint tower or not.

Well I know the tower their on ave b has had a cherry picker their for the last idk 3.5 months and it looks like one set of panels are missing some. I'm not sure if they are sprint panels or if that is a sprint tower or not.

Sprint is at the very top on that site

It's not as quiet in the sponsor area. I'm running out of permits to track.

Do you know if Sprint has plans to add more towers in Yuma County?

I have been playing with Sonsorly (FUN :lol:   ) and I am finding a lot of 1 & 2 bar 3G areas.

I have not seen an acceptable speedtest in the county.. (on Sonsorly)

But the main corrador of Yuma is in the 3~5 bar 3G range  ;)

Lateck,

Work being done at the site between the El Con Mall and Reid Park in Tucson. Orange barricades, and several trucks. Large wire bundles and trenches dug out from the site. Interestingly, all of the equipment on the ground is out in the open, no fence or wall around the site, never has had any protection like that there.

Work being done at the site between the El Con Mall and Reid Park in Tucson. Orange barricades, and several trucks. Large wire bundles and trenches dug out from the site. Interestingly, all of the equipment on the ground is out in the open, no fence or wall around the site, never has had any protection like that there.

Someone took pictures of the exact same thing in the Nebraska/West Iowa sponsor thread.

I have been playing with Sonsorly (FUN :lol:   ) and I am finding a lot of 1 & 2 bar 3G areas.

But the main corrador of Yuma is in the 3~5 bar 3G range  ;)

Lateck,

To answer your questions about sprint adding more towers. Looks like they are. If you look at the sprint network enhancement map, looks like they added one more tower on 24th Street and 4th Ave, 

I have been playing with Sonsorly (FUN :lol: ) and I am finding a lot of 1 & 2 bar 3G areas.

But the main corrador of Yuma is in the 3~5 bar 3G range ;)

Lateck,

To answer your questions about sprint adding more towers. Looks like they are. If you look at the sprint network enhancement map, looks like they added one more tower on 24th Street and 4th Ave,

Blast! They need to add another one out in the Foothills...maybe just north of i-8 exit 12 seeing as how that is only about 3 miles from my house...that would be great! Edited by FanOfSkynyrd
  • Like 1

Blast! They need to add another one out in the Foothills...maybe just north of i-8 exit 12 seeing as how that is only about 3 miles from my house...that would be great!

In south county too...

With Sensorly, I was loosing signal completely at times, near Ave B & Cty 19th. In San Luis AZ the same, when you move away from the Hwy 95 corridor.

On a side note: It's fun mapping with Sensorly..... I find myself looking for places to drive though on my trips just so I can map it.......

(Can't wait for LTE......)

Lateck,

Tip when using Speedtest.net to check / test your speeds - Use Albuquerque, NM - Internet Exchange NM

It is the best testing server when in Tucson, I don't find Tucson AZ speed test servers accurate as the NM servers.

Haven't replied since July.. This seems dead. Is there the slightest light at the end of the tunnel for LTE in tucson? Because I remember it was estimated to be due in July/August. Yet were in October and nothing new/exciting? Just wondering. :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Haven't replied since July.. This seems dead. Is there the slightest light at the end of the tunnel for LTE in tucson? Because I remember it was estimated to be due in July/August. Yet were in October and nothing new/exciting? Just wondering. :-)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Sure there is! Since then Phoenix started rolling out. Now LTE is only Casa Grande away. We'll get ours eventually :)

Just walked ih the house from dropping the boys at Boy Scouts. Thier meeting location is basically at the base of a tower just south of Sierra Vista, AZ  4067 E Monsanto Dr, Sierra Vista, AZ 85650    PH12AL030 

There was a backhoe there with two workers digging and signs that they had a trenched from where they were at back to the tower. The trench had been filled in. I stopped and talked with them and they stated it was fiber to the tower. They had no information on any other Sprint tower fiber work thier company was doing but did state most of it has been for Verizon and ATT.

Edited by Kelly George2
  • Like 1

broken promises for over 2 years now, this thread is over a year old almost 900 replies and we are still here with no LTE

Someone made a promise to you?  Hmmm...

Robert

In south county too...

With Sensorly, I was loosing signal completely at times, near Ave B & Cty 19th. In San Luis AZ the same, when you move away from the Hwy 95 corridor.

On a side note: It's fun mapping with Sensorly..... I find myself looking for places to drive though on my trips just so I can map it.......

(Can't wait for LTE......)

Lateck,

I would agree, a tower in the south of the country would be nice. I'm in the Marines and our shooting ranges are located in the southern portion of the county.

I think I roam on a Mexico tier when I'm down there

Friend just sent this, was taken at 4th Ave and Catalina

another friend just text me he is at Ave C and 32nd Street with 4G. Looks like the tower on Avenue A and 32nd Street is broadcasting 4G now

• Like 1