Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Yes, the tower by 8E and 32nd Street appears to be functioning at half power. I swung by there a few minutes ago and noticed my signal was very low next to the tower.

However, there was a truck inside the lot working on something. Didn't get to see who it was. I'm just hoping it's Ericson

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I heard there are 4G LTE upgrades in the next 3 months in Yuma, Az.  If you go towards Holtville, you can pick up 4LTE on the road from Interstate 8 towards Holtville, CA.  It is the weirdest feeling getting 4GLTE out in the middle of nowhere. 

I heard there are 4G LTE upgrades in the next 3 months in Yuma, Az. If you go towards Holtville, you can pick up 4LTE on the road from Interstate 8 towards Holtville, CA. It is the weirdest feeling getting 4GLTE out in the middle of nowhere.

They been saying that for the past 4 months. I think that's just something they have to say to shut people up

They been saying that for the past 4 months. I think that's just something they have to say to shut people up

Or don't be a pessimist. Glance does show estimated upgrade times in 3 month intervals. That's about all the information a CSR would have access to when it comes to sites that aren't upgraded yet.

• Like 1

Or don't be a pessimist. Glance does show estimated upgrade times in 3 month intervals. That's about all the information a CSR would have access to when it comes to sites that aren't upgraded yet.

Maybe I'm just bitter since that's the same excuse they been saying more than 4 months ago and having to deal with low signal and dropped calls and EVDO. I'm just waiting till the end of the month

Maybe I'm just bitter since that's the same excuse they been saying more than 4 months ago and having to deal with low signal and dropped calls and EVDO. I'm just waiting till the end of the monthSent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Wireless Evolution, Park Place Mall, Tucson advised me just moments ago that Sprint has advised 4G LTE is another "110 Days" away (almost four more months).

Wireless Evolution, Park Place Mall, Tucson advised me just moments ago that Sprint has advised 4G LTE is another "110 Days" away (almost four more months).

I highly doubt that is an accurate source for information. We were hearing the same sorts of things just a few days before LTE started going live in Phoenix. 

I highly doubt that is an accurate source for information. We were hearing the same sorts of things just a few days before LTE started going live in Phoenix.

Then just maybe somebody might think about "firing" things up to disprove what the customers are being told in the Tucson/Yuma market.

Wow, this is taking way so long! I do not even understand why! Not one LTE site? Not one?

If you see ehrpd is up all over Tucson and the surrounding areas. .. all they are waiting on is back haul . So unfortunately the person responsible is Cox or century link whomever they will get back haul from for all the area ... it sucks but that is what it is the equipment is there

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Edited by kingmac38

If you see ehrpd is up all over Tucson and the surrounding areas. .. all they are waiting on is back haul . So unfortunately the person responsible is Cox or century link whomever they will get back haul from for all the area ... it sucks but that is what it is the equipment is there Sent from my SPH-L900 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Actually, Ehrpd does not mean that the equipment is there or that a tower is upgraded with NV equipment. Ehrpd is software on the servers for handouts from LTE to non LTE.  I believe it came after the Verizon fiasco of loosing calls when they started their LTE transition. 

Actually, Ehrpd does not mean that the equipment is there or that a tower is upgraded with NV equipment. Ehrpd is software on the servers for handouts from LTE to non LTE.  I believe it came after the Verizon fiasco of loosing calls when they started their LTE transition. 

And even if that was right it still does not mean anything to the consumer, my phone is with Sprint, not with Cox, not with CenturyLink, Sprint is ultimately responsible.

And even if that was right it still does not mean anything to the consumer, my phone is with Sprint, not with Cox, not with CenturyLink, Sprint is ultimately responsible.

Perhaps in a sense. But once the order is placed, they can nag and nag, but if Cox, or CentryLink drags their feet, is it really still Sprint's fault? Sprint dropped CenturyLink in New Mexico because they were dragging so much, but that's only put them even further behind schedule. 

Perhaps in a sense. But once the order is placed, they can nag and nag, but if Cox, or CentryLink drags their feet, is it really still Sprint's fault? Sprint dropped CenturyLink in New Mexico because they were dragging so much, but that's only put them even further behind schedule. 

I am sorry, I work in business and negotiate telecom contracts for my company and there is no way a vendor I pay money to provide service would drag their feet like this, and this is in a company that is way smaller than Sprint. I cannot for the life of me understand how Sprint exec team keep their jobs, from their CEO down. Too many major mistakes starting with the WiMax disaster!

Edited by Dkoellerwx

I am sorry, I work in business and negotiate telecom contracts for my company and there is no way a vendor I pay money to provide service would drag their feet like this, and this is in a company that is way smaller than Sprint. I cannot for the life of me understand how Sprint exec team keep their jobs, from their CEO down. Too many major mistakes starting with the WiMax disaster!

You want to know what the hold up is? Be my guest and call up the backhaul providers and see what is taking so long.

Major mistakes? Yeah, WiMax didn't make it to your local area. Clear went bankrupt... Sprint couldn't have known that when they committed to WiMax. If you're going to blame someone for that, blame Clear.

Sprint learned from that, and brought everything in house now. With SoftBank backing, you can be sure any hold ups will be found unacceptable, and whatever is the issue, it must not be something that can be corrected easily, or LTE would be lighting up already.

You want to know what the hold up is? Be my guest and call up the backhaul providers and see what is taking so long.

Major mistakes? Yeah, WiMax didn't make it to your local area. Clear went bankrupt... Sprint couldn't have known that when they committed to WiMax. If you're going to blame someone for that, blame Clear.

Sprint learned from that, and brought everything in house now. With SoftBank backing, you can be sure any hold ups will be found unacceptable, and whatever is the issue, it must not be something that can be corrected easily, or LTE would be lighting up already.

I do not want to drag this debate any further, but my last thought, looks like Sprint is a perfect place to work, make mistakes and blame vendors. WiMax is Clear fault, LTE is Cox and CenturyLink, I am applying to work for Sprint tomorrow! Lol

Edited by htabbach

Maybe that's why Centurylink here in Yuma is starting to mobilize, they don't want to loose this contract.

Maybe that's why Centurylink here in Yuma is starting to mobilize, they don't want to loose this contract.Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Phoenix has some 4G LTE - what vendor installed the backhaul up there - I'm broke but would consider a fund raiser to have that vendor finish Tucson/Yuma!

• Like 1

Since last Friday, not one site has been accepted (even 3 G) in the Tucson market while every other market has had site accepted, pathetic!

Maybe it has to do with all the storms we have been having, I know it has been very uncommonly wet for Yuma the past several weeks.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

No love for Cincinnati, Columbus, Toledo, Dakotas, VT/NH/ME, UCV, LCV, Hawaii, Tucson/Yuma, and likely more. I'm working up the full list as we speak because I was already working on a spreadsheet to track progress and completion estimates for every market simultaneously...

htabbach, being whiney is understandable at this point, but please at least whine accurately. We're definitely not alone in this boat. Some states still have no LTE at all. At least AZ has gotten off that list. ;)

Since last Friday, not one site has been accepted (even 3 G) in the Tucson market while every other market has had site accepted, pathetic!

I personally spoke with technicians at the S Wilmot/Nicaragua site about a month ago - they advised at that time that site had, at that time, been 3G accepted. Speed in the wee hours ranges 1.2-1.8 Mps but drops from early morning thru late night to .13-.85 mostly toward the middle .35-.55 - it has been this way for an entire month - Sprint said two-three weeks ago the tower site is "pending" and that the same holds true for the site at Pantano/Irvington.