Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

so, happy Labor day btw, obviously hooray that Phoenix has LTE popping up :) does anyone know if any Tucson towers are LTE ready? I know we have no LTE so far as per the Sensorly map... just curious, hopefully we are not that far behind them...

Just about every 3g accepted NV site is "LTE-ready". Usually all of the hardware is installed when a site is upgraded at all. Until the backhaul is upgraded though, no LTE love. Everything is usually there, just can't be used yet.

Just about every 3g accepted NV site is "LTE-ready". Usually all of the hardware is installed when a site is upgraded at all. Until the backhaul is upgraded though, no LTE love. Everything is usually there, just can't be used yet.

how do I become a sponsor?? I can't find any links anywhere, thank you

how do I become a sponsor?? I can't find any links anywhere, thank you

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I have a question, can we assume that we will not see better 3G speeds even if the tower is 3G accepted until LTE is accepted? And is that because when an LTE tower is accepted it means back hauls are installed and therefore 3G will be better as well?

I have a question, can we assume that we will not see better 3G speeds even if the tower is 3G accepted until LTE is accepted? And is that because when an LTE tower is accepted it means back hauls are installed and therefore 3G will be better as well?

Until the backhaul arrives, no you probably will not see any increase in performance.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

I disagree, I know they are barely working on the back haul in Yuma buy I have noticed a huge increase, primarily at the office where I have peaked at 2mbps and average above 1mbps even during peak times. Also, ping time down below 100ms much of the time

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I disagree, I know they are barely working on the back haul in Yuma buy I have noticed a huge increase, primarily at the office where I have peaked at 2mbps and average above 1mbps even during peak times. Also, ping time down below 100ms much of the time

Where at? I can't get that anywhere I go

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Ok, in some cases the new equipment allows bonding on the existing T1 lines which the old equipment did not. In this case, speeds may increase, but in the event of high call volume or lots of people online, performance will suffer, much more than it will on upgraded backhaul.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Agree I've seen nowhere near that best I've pulled is about 1mb down, but then I dint had or toward ave b ask that much.

There's only 2 good consistent towers in Yuma, the one by the Mall at Atlantic Ave, and the one at Kofa, the southwest and North West sectors of the Kofa tower.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

I spoke to a tech (family friend) that works with CenturyLink last week and he is advising that their work with the backhaul was in place in Rio Rico several months ago. Not quite sure what the hold up is here.

This is good. But the coverage out at the college (AWC) has been real poor the last couple of weeks. (I have been roaming all morning for the last two weeks). 

Are they working on the towers out there?

On another note: Sprint LTE is fast... I had the chance to head to the mountians near Sand Diego and I stopped in Ocotillo and checked it out. Fast, just like I was on WiFi at home.  It's great that they have that service...  :D

Lateck,