Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I really am trying to be optimistic about this. Looks like they are actively working on towers again. I set a date of end of Sept to start seeing LTE here if not I would move on.  This gives me hope that it will happen sooner than that. 

right now, signal out of that tower where they were working off of Ave B and 20th street is very low. Voice calls are digitized and cutting out. I passed by there again and there was no one around. 

I really am trying to be optimistic about this. Looks like they are actively working on towers again. I set a date of end of Sept to start seeing LTE here if not I would move on.  This gives me hope that it will happen sooner than that. 

right now, signal out of that tower where they were working off of Ave B and 20th street is very low. Voice calls are digitized and cutting out. I passed by there again and there was no one around. 

I am not very optimistic, I setup a deadline by the release of the next iPhone next month, if Sprint does not have some LTE in Tucson I am as good as gone.

It will come, i cant live without unlimited data and unlimited LTE is going to rock!

I agree, once lte hits unlimited data will rock. I can hold out till then. Of course I say that since I upgraded to an S4 back in April, so I'm locked in for another 2 years.

I agree, once lte hits unlimited data will rock. I can hold out till then. Of course I say that since I upgraded to an S4 back in April, so I'm locked in for another 2 years.

lol, same here. i couldn't deal with my shitty Samsung epic anymore so i gave another 2 years to dumb sprint. Just didn't think  i would be spending over half of the 2 years with no LTE.. :(

lol, same here. i couldn't deal with my shitty Samsung epic anymore so i gave another 2 years to dumb sprint. Just didn't think  i would be spending over half of the 2 years with no LTE.. :(

But you got a rockin' phone!

I'm happy to see Phoenix finally has some sort of LTE going up!! .... anyone in theTucsonarea know of any news? I'm constantly around Oro Valley and Downtown and the East side, and using Signal Check to see if any LTE connects, haha #hopefulwishing

I'm happy to see Phoenix finally has some sort of LTE going up!! .... anyone in theTucsonarea know of any news? I'm constantly around Oro Valley and Downtown and the East side, and using Signal Check to see if any LTE connects, haha #hopefulwishing

No news as far as i know unfortunately..

Do not expect honest answers from any cell carrier - it's a lost trait in this country! That said, additional delays have possibly been caused by a recent agreement to allow Cricket customers to utilize Sprint towers/Network - they appear desparate to recoup the 1,000,000+ they lost by being less then truthful about their progressions!

The Sprint site on S Wilmot by the DMAFB gate has been 3G accepted and the current status is "Pending" - not exactly certain what that means but other eastside sites are "three months away" according to Sprint.

post-24886-0-82071100-1377879627_thumb.jpg

Edited by spanky

The Sprint site on S Wilmot by the DMAFB gate has been 3G accepted and the current status is "Pending" - not exactly certain what that means but other eastside sites are "three months away" according to Sprint.

It's been done for a while. They pulled the legacy gear down about a month ago.

Still love how AT&T was too lazy to replace all 3 antennas per sector.

These guys are at it again at 20th and Ave BCentury Link back after Fiber line was dropped last Wed. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Well that explains why the speeds coming off that tower have dipped

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Hey Sprint! I sell real estate and property on the moon will be available by the first of September 2013 or was it by the end of the month or was it in the next several months - I never was able to read memos right - oh well, better place your order now before all the 4G, OOPS, I mean property, iis gone - just be patient - soon you will be able to provide unlimited "mooning" for life!

Do not expect honest answers from any cell carrier - it's a lost trait in this country! That said, additional delays have possibly been caused by a recent agreement to allow Cricket customers to utilize Sprint towers/Network - they appear desparate to recoup the 1,000,000+ they lost by being less then truthful about their progressions!

This has nothing to do with anything. Sprint already has dozens of sites in the Tucson market with LTE equipment on it. They are awaiting backhaul. Cricket doesn't mean anything. And Cricket is in the process of being bought out by AT&T.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Sprint! I sell real estate and property on the moon will be available by the first of September 2013 or was it by the end of the month or was it in the next several months - I never was able to read memos right - oh well, better place your order now before all the 4G, OOPS, I mean property, iis gone - just be patient - soon you will be able to provide unlimited "mooning" for life!

Are you trolling us? Please review our posting guidelines. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

This has nothing to do with anything. Sprint already has dozens of sites in the Tucson market with LTE equipment on it. They are awaiting backhaul. Cricket doesn't mean anything. And Cricket is in the process of being bought out by AT&T. Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

Why is it taking so long to upgrade the backhaul?

so, happy Labor day btw, obviously hooray that Phoenix has LTE popping up :) does anyone know if any Tucson towers are LTE ready? I know we have no LTE so far as per the Sensorly map... just curious, hopefully we are not that far behind them...