Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I think sprints network sustained some damage by yesterdays storm in Yuma. I was on roaming all the way to ave 4e. Then back on roaming sporadically through Yuma. And I also thought I saw a damaged tower on fortuna. The one right by jack in the box, just not sure if its a sprint or what.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

My trip to Dallas FW area was not encouraging! This is supposedly a NV announced city but the network state is just plain bad! Does not look good!

Couple things to consider here. You have an iPhone 4s which is not capable of using the LTE network.

Dallas' LTE network is well deployed, but that is only half of NV.

The other part, the 3G part, is still ongoing in Dallas. Maybe half of sites have had 3G upgraded, and even then there's no guarantee that it's actually active. Until the whole market has had 3G upgrades applied, or you get an LTE phone, this is not a fair judgement to make.

Couple things to consider here. You have an iPhone 4s which is not capable of using the LTE network.

Dallas' LTE network is well deployed, but that is only half of NV.

The other part, the 3G part, is still ongoing in Dallas. Maybe half of sites have had 3G upgraded, and even then there's no guarantee that it's actually active. Until the whole market has had 3G upgrades applied, or you get an LTE phone, this is not a fair judgement to make.

Does 3G and LTE share the same backhaul on the same tower?

So on an approved LTE site, 3G should be good too, right?

Not necessarily. If its only 4G accepted, then that often times means the 3G side is still running legacy, which means its connected to the old backhaul. Even sites that are 3G accepted don't have the NV 3G side of things switched over yet. They've just started doing this in the Kansas City area, so I'd imagine it would be similar in Dallas.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Not necessarily. If its only 4G accepted, then that often times means the 3G side is still running legacy, which means its connected to the old backhaul. Even sites that are 3G accepted don't have the NV 3G side of things switched over yet. They've just started doing this in the Kansas City area, so I'd imagine it would be similar in Dallas.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Usually the ones that are 3g accepted are 1x switched. Sometimes they move evdo on the same day. Most sites around our market have had 3g accepted and many have had legacy removed as well. Just depends on the contract with the site location.

Usually the ones that are 3g accepted are 1x switched. Sometimes they move evdo on the same day. Most sites around our market have had 3g accepted and many have had legacy removed as well. Just depends on the contract with the site location.

Maybe they've started to accelerate now that there are more 3G accepted sites, but I know most of the ones that have been 3G in KC were left on legacy, and that no legacy equipment had been removed (of the areas that I frequent) until last month. 3G still stinks around where my parents live, but those areas were just recently 3G accepted, so I'll have to see if things have improved now next time I'm there.

I had that happen before the first LTE signals showed here in Springfield.

Good news!!

Hopefully.

Yes, hopefully good news. I'm excited.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Did I just witnessed LTE testing in yuma?? I got this screen twice but phone did not connect.

Posted Image

Where were you when you picked up that signal?

Where were you when you picked up that signal?

I was by Ave B and 8th Street. It showed up twice then I couldn't pick it up after that.

I was by Ave B and 8th Street. It showed up twice then I couldn't pick it up after that.

I'm on 8th st and 20th ave. I'll keep my eye out....

I'm on 8th st and 20th ave. I'll keep my eye out....

Thus was at around 1am. I'm just wondering if they are testing it..

I went by the same tower I stopped by on Wed where the Century Link guys were working on. There was a contractor there today installing fiber line. I spoke with them for a bit and asked them what towers they had to work on. He said the one where they were at (20th Street and Ave B.) and the one on Atlantic Ave. That's the one over by the mall. He said there was  a third but did not remember the address.

Things are starting to look better down here.

• Like 1