Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

I am from and visit Kansas City very frequently, and I can tell you the network is fantastic. Once I get close to town, my ONE locks onto LTE and I pretty much never drop it except when I'm not in town, or deep in a building. Speeds were all over the place initially, but have settled between 10-15Mbps for the most part. 

Also, once Sprint fires up 800 LTE, that will help enormously with coverage, putting them on par with Verizon where they have coverage. In-building coverage will get a big boost. 

You won't be able to match Verizon's 40+Mbps speeds (which are getting harder and harder to find) until Clear's 2500MHz TD-LTE goes online (which it has in Denver, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Miami, Tampa and Seattle). 

I really don't care if they are 40 Mbps, I think 10-15 is more than enough, I just want to know if the coverage is consistent, again, WiMax coverage in complete markets was a joke and I am worried LTE is the same.

I really don't care if they are 40 Mbps, I think 10-15 is more than enough, I just want to know if the coverage is consistent, again, WiMax coverage in complete markets was a joke and I am worried LTE is the same.

When LTE finally comes online in your area, and they get most of the sites up and running, I think you'll find it's much much better than WiMax. It's a completely different network and technology.

WiMax's troubles stemmed from the high frequency (small coverage, poor in-building reception) and Clear's bankruptcy that brought deployment to a stop.

Sprint's LTE network is on 1900MHz, instead of 2500MHz which means wider coverage area and better in-building. 

Here is the pic of the wellton tower. Hopefully you guys can let me know if it has new panels :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ryan,looks like the Welton tower has been 3g accepted.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

105779d.png

Bars go up to 1-2 a few times but that's only 1x..

It started happening 2 days ago, and it's not my phone either.. I have a relative who has a iPhone 4S with virgin mobile and the signal is the same.. 

I also called and they said they'd send a technician to check the tower.  

Edited by Alex Valdez

3g speeds in Yuma not to bad. Was across the street from the Air Station and was able to pull 1.2mb down and almost 1mb up, but there is a tower right there.

Speeds drastically dropped off about 8 miles east heading back to the Foothills. Could barely get 200kb up and down.

Posted Image

Bars go up to 1-2 a few times but that's only 1x..

It started happening 2 days ago, and it's not my phone either.. I have a relative who has a iPhone 4S with virgin mobile and the signal is the same..

I also called and they said they'd send a technician to check the tower.

What area is this at?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Specifically near E Valencia Rd, Tucson AZ

As farther as you go away from Tucson International Airport, signal decreases slowly.

Edited by Alex Valdez

Specifically near E Valencia Rd, Tucson AZ

As farther as you go away from Tucson International Airport, signal decreases slowly.

The south side is beyond terrible, I was driving and needed GPS and would not work whatsoever! I was pulling about 10k down!

The south side is beyond terrible, I was driving and needed GPS and would not work whatsoever! I was pulling about 10k down!

It's crazy how Tucson behaves almost identical to Yuma.  Right now and for the last 4 days, here in yuma our speeds in most of the North West and middle of town have been down to the dirt.

*** Comedy Relief Moment***

So a sprint store rep here in Yuma tells one of my co-workers that Welton has 4G LTE.

I can't help it but laugh...

I've been following this forum for a while now but have never commented.  It keeps my hopes up for a better Sprint. The info that you guys have given is great, thank you.

A question if I may?  Could this http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/07/why-youtube-buffers-the-secret-deals-that-make-and-break-online-video/

on top of old hardware, be a reason that Sprint data speeds are so slow.

I know the article is directed at YouTube and Netflix but it seems that it would be the same for all data......yes?

Actually they usually do the downtowns last because they are usually harder to upgrade.

Ahh im just looking for any little news that might shine some more light on the matter

It's crazy how Tucson behaves almost identical to Yuma. Right now and for the last 4 days, here in yuma our speeds in most of the North West and middle of town have been down to the dirt.

*** Comedy Relief Moment***

So a sprint store rep here in Yuma tells one of my co-workers that Welton has 4G LTE.

I can't help it but laugh...

I can confirm well ton does not have 4g

Sent from my NX008HD8G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ahh im just looking for any little news that might shine some more light on the matter

Just as I am hoping for some good news as well... can not believe no part of Arizona has any 4G LTE...  :unsure:

This is horrible, days have past and I still have no good service available at my house. (0-1 bars on and off)

I hope this doesn't last for long...

Got this same answer last month..

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Still in that three month window.... ;)

They must be having a larger problem which they don't know when it will be resolved. The market is more than ready for them to start firing up LTE. Plenty of sites already 3G complete...

All internal GLANCE information regarding Network Vision gives 3 months windows for upgrade. 3,6, or TBD are the only notices I've seen. After it's accepted it gives the specific date of acceptance. I also have no idea when that windows is from. It's obviously not from that specific day you look, so I don't know if it is changes on Jan/Apr/Jul/Oct with annual quarters, or some other timeframe like Sprint's fiscal quarters, etc.

I tweeted them about Tucson yesterday and got a response that Tucson is by end of year :(

That's the response you'll get for just about any market you ask about. Don't despair too much. Lincoln, NE was told by the end of the year, but they already have LTE going live.

i was passing by a site where the antennas were already installed and 3G had been accepted; and I saw a crew with a lift working on them. I saw them from far away but I know they were working on the sprint rack.   What would get them back up there?