Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Speaking of low coverage, seems like sprint has had a bad rep of having low to no service pockets within the city. Building penetration is another one even though I work 1/2 mile away from a tower, most sprint phones will switch to 1x indoors.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Are there frequency changes that come with NV?? If so, would they allow for better building penetration?

I am in the same boat, well not the same, I am a few miles away from a tower, inside my building at work...no signal. Walk outside, 3-4 bars instantly.

Are there frequency changes that come with NV?? If so, would they allow for better building penetration?

I am in the same boat, well not the same, I am a few miles away from a tower, inside my building at work...no signal. Walk outside, 3-4 bars instantly.

We aren't exactly sure how 800 SMR service will be deployed in a place like Tucson. If no 800 is deployed, building penetration will not get much better.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yuma is entirely within the International Boundary Exclusion Zone. Deployment of 800 SMR within 100km of the border is governed by international agreements and coordination with licensees in Mexico. My old man worked public safety communications in Tucson for decades and says based on his experience I shouldn't get my hopes up on that coordination anytime soon.

Yuma is entirely within the International Boundary Exclusion Zone. Deployment of 800 SMR within 100km of the border is governed by international agreements and coordination with licensees in Mexico. My old man worked public safety communications in Tucson for decades and says based on his experience I shouldn't get my hopes up on that coordination anytime soon.

Most of tucson is out of range of the border so i hope they would at least deploy it as much as they can in the northern part of tucson rather then skip it all together..

Most of tucson is out of range of the border so i hope they would at least deploy it as much as they can in the northern part of tucson rather then skip it all together..

They likely will

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Me being located on south Tucson, does that mean i'm likely to be screwed when 4G starts up?

What would make you think that? The whole Sprint network is seeing 4G upgrades. Once the project is complete, nearly 99% of Sprint towers will have LTE.

1900 LTE is going on just about every tower nationwide. 800 CDMA and 800 LTE are a different story.

The southern end of Tucson is within that international boundary and may end up without any of the 800mhz enhancements for quite some time unfortunately. I believe the boundary was set at 110km (68 miles) if I remember correctly. and Tucson proper is located about 60 miles from the border. So by my mental acuity... that means downtown and south of it are within that zone.

Ah yes... http://www.fcc.gov/document/fcc-announces-two-spectrum-sharing-agreements-mexico

1900 LTE is going on just about every tower nationwide. 800 CDMA and 800 LTE are a different story.

The southern end of Tucson is within that international boundary and may end up without any of the 800mhz enhancements for quite some time unfortunately. I believe the boundary was set at 110km (68 miles) if I remember correctly. and Tucson proper is located about 60 miles from the border. So by my mental acuity... that means downtown and south of it are within that zone.

Ah yes... http://www.fcc.gov/d...reements-mexico

img_mbrmap.jpg

Just noticed in my permit research that a southern Tucson site isn't even getting 800MHz equipment installed. I'll start looking into this more closely to see if IBEZ sites are generally being built light.

Will the 800 CDMA/LTE be added if an agreement can be made with Mexico? Yuma is out of luck if not as we are like less than 10 miles from the border.

Yes but that will be at a minimum of many months if not years away.

Will the 800 CDMA/LTE be added if an agreement can be made with Mexico? Yuma is out of luck if not as we are like less than 10 miles from the border.

No 800 for Yuma initially

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I believe said agreements have already been reached. The problem is getting everyone to actually vacate the required spectrum. If you've ever had business dealings in Mexico you would know not to hold your breath on getting things done. There is no realistic timeline and it is still "if" not "when".

Wow.. I feel so bad for the people with sprint in south tucson! I was down there taking care of somethings and my phone was useless! What is going on down there?? If I lived down there i would of trashed sprint fast..

I was down by Valencia Rd and I-19 when i got these PATHETIC speeds.

2013-05-12095121_zpse0601006.png

2013-05-12095113_zpsabd03e1c.png

2013-05-12095107_zps73f21d4e.png

From my estimations Tucson has 4Speed protection wimax sites, would these be the first to receive lte? Or does it not work like that. Some help would be much welcomw!

Nope. Clearwire protection sites =/= Sprint cell sites.