Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Is it possible to post the cross streets of the site?  I have a friend that lives there with poor service and he would appreciates some good news. PM me if we need to keep the info private.

Had to come in for an hour or so. It's roughly in the I-10/Congress area. It's not on a major intersection itself, it's a rooftop site on one of the buildings around there.

It also lists LTE 800 as completed as well on that site in addition to 1x800 voice.

Asurion Lead Technical Consultant II

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And if you have a full version of Network Signal Guru and the appropriate and rooted device, you may be able to shut down all CDMA and LTE bands except for 800 MHz.  That would be CDMA Band Class 10 and LTE Band 26.

Robert

• Like 1

And if you have a full version of Network Signal Guru and the appropriate and rooted device, you may be able to shut down all CDMA and LTE bands except for 800 MHz.  That would be CDMA Band Class 10 and LTE Band 26.
Robert
I currently have the full version (the developer sent me a 6 month license for free out of the blue, not sure why, maybe because I submitted several bug reports?), but band locking and such doesn't work on newer devices. The option just isn't there. For example, my Pixel 2 XL only got ads removed and the ability to record with the full version, but that's it. My Kyocera Hydro Icon logging device on the other hand has always had band locking with the free version.

So for NSG, older devices are better usually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

I currently have the full version (the developer sent me a 6 month license for free out of the blue, not sure why, maybe because I submitted several bug reports?), but band locking and such doesn't work on newer devices. The option just isn't there. For example, my Pixel 2 XL only got ads removed and the ability to record with the full version, but that's it. My Kyocera Hydro Icon logging device on the other hand has always had band locking with the free version.

So for NSG, older devices are better usually.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Works great on my N6. But not on my Pixel XL.  Assumed it was just because I had not rooted yet. Bummer.

Well there's been 4 (Edit: 5) 1x800 sites put online across Tucson this week so far, 1 in Sierra Vista, and 1 in Green Valley. And that's just the On-air Notifications from GLANCE which seem to be delayed a bit. They do state 4G 800 has been completed as well but without a date for it.

TUCSON:

Congress/Stone area

Sunrise/Craycroft area

Greasewood/Anklam area

Park/18th area

EDIT: Found another near Orange Grove/La Cholla that doesn't have any date listed, so no On-Air notification.

SIERRA VISTA:

Busby/7th area

GREEN VALLEY:

Basically Southern GV area.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, halcyoncmdr said:

Well there's been 4 (Edit: 5) 1x800 sites put online across Tucson this week so far, 1 in Sierra Vista, and 1 in Green Valley. And that's just the On-air Notifications from GLANCE which seem to be delayed a bit. They do state 4G 800 has been completed as well but without a date for it.

TUCSON:

Congress/Stone area

Sunrise/Craycroft area

Greasewood/Anklam area

Park/18th area

EDIT: Found another near Orange Grove/La Cholla that doesn't have any date listed, so no On-Air notification.

SIERRA VISTA:

Busby/7th area

GREEN VALLEY:

Basically Southern GV area.

So are they active now? Can i scope them out?  I work right by the Orange grove and la cholla one but im still on 1900. Here is the signal check screen. 

Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-39-51.png

• Like 1

So are they active now? Can i scope them out?  I work right by the Orange grove and la cholla one but im still on 1900. Here is the signal check screen. 
Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-39-51.thumb.png.218ae0b1babd661a00ba928c5f2aa4cd.png
GLANCE shows the upgrade date, not necessarily whether it is actively broadcasting yet. That being said, for 2.5GHz upgrades in the area they have been the same date. And the network will move you where it wants to put you. So it may not let you on 800MHz if 1900MHz is fine. There isn't enough room on 800MHz for everyone.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, halcyoncmdr said:

GLANCE shows the upgrade date, not necessarily whether it is actively broadcasting yet. That being said, for 2.5GHz upgrades in the area they have been the same date. And the network will move you where it wants to put you. So it may not let you on 800MHz if 1900MHz is fine. There isn't enough room on 800MHz for everyone.

Ah i get ya. Thanks for the info  man!

Screenshot_2017-12-21-13-39-51.thumb.png.218ae0b1babd661a00ba928c5f2aa4cd.png
Most of sprint phones are still set as band 25 being the main priority band ... I had to force my Galaxy s8 on to b41 and I discovered a lot of new band 41 in my market ..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, tyroned3222 said:

Most of sprint phones are still set as band 25 being the main priority band ... I had to force my Galaxy s8 on to b41 and I discovered a lot of new band 41 in my market ..

That's not true at all. B41 will be the priority when your phone notices it is in range. 

That's not true at all. B41 will be the priority when your phone notices it is in range. 
Not the case In my market ... I had to set the phone to b41 only to connect to new the b41 sites .. that's how I was able to track down the new b41... As soon as I enabled b25 again it connected right back

1 minute ago, tyroned3222 said:

Not the case In my market ... I had to set the phone to b41 only to connect to new the b41 sites .. that's how I was able to track down the new b41... As soon as I enabled b25 again it connected right back

Perhaps a glitch with your phone, or the B41 is new enough the network hasn't adjusted yet. Eventually, sites "see" what is on air around them and are able to help you transition easier. 

Perhaps a glitch with your phone, or the B41 is new enough the network hasn't adjusted yet. Eventually, sites "see" what is on air around them and are able to help you transition easier. 
Even with band 41 priority being 3rd in the phone .... when I do connect to b41 without forcing the phone on to it .. the phone has to scan between 5 to 10 min to connect to it 460f9a02ac41d85281eb181a0e252930.jpg

4 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

Even with band 41 priority being 3rd in the phone .... when I do connect to b41 without forcing the phone on to it .. the phone has to scan between 5 to 10 min to connect to it

That is scanning priority, that means when you turn on your phone it will initially scan for B25. That does not affect actual band priority, that is controlled by the network. You cannot affect band priority once connected to the network, aside from turning bands on and off if your device allows for that.

That is scanning priority, that means when you turn on your phone it will initially scan for B25. That does not affect actual band priority, that is controlled by the network. You cannot affect band priority once connected to the network, aside from turning bands on and off if your device allows for that.
I do understand that, but when I disable b26 &25 then phone has no choice but to connect to b41 and does so immediately... So, maybe you are right and the Network needs more optimizing

8 minutes ago, tyroned3222 said:

I do understand that, but when I disable b26 &25 then phone has no choice but to connect to b41 and does so immediately... So, maybe you are right and the Network needs more optimizing

Unless you have a defective phone, that is the only reason it would be behaving that way. Because they do not behave that way in other markets, and there is not a way to turn off B41 priority for devices in certain areas.

• 5 weeks later...

24 sites just went online yesterday for B26 LTE around Tucson and Sierra Vista.

In addition to the 3-4 sites that have been going up each week for 1x800 all over the place.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, halcyoncmdr said:

24 sites just went online yesterday for B26 LTE around Tucson and Sierra Vista.

In addition to the 3-4 sites that have been going up each week for 1x800 all over the place.

Any coverage improvements with B26?

• Like 1

Any coverage improvements with B26?
Coverage map was just updated before these sites went On Air. Haven't had a chance to go around and see in person yet.

• Like 1

Coverage map was just updated before these sites went On Air. Haven't had a chance to go around and see in person yet.

Any idea of B26 for Southern California ? The tower spacing is laughable at best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...