Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Strange, Signal check is still saying LTE 1900 d2d9cd78d5bc6d7f4632b09374b10974.jpgda3deeaaa72eafc4ec6afb83d4600841.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Not the usual Nokia gci ending either.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Interesting. Not the usual Nokia gci ending either.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I suspect Airspan Air Harmony 1000 or 4000 either as a small cell or in groups of two or three at the site with simple b41 antennas.  (edit: spotted photos of a site).  If an Air Harmony was fiber fed, that could be the second carrier.

If it is a split sector and that is a virtual GCI, what others do you get when you walk around the site?

Edited by dkyeager

I looked up the US frequencies for that area.  Always possible there are conflicts with Mexico.  Here are the uncontested frequencies.  Note that one lease may go away in a year.

Sprint Call ID      start   finish   bandwidth   expires   earfcn

WQL202, B486        2496    2502        6                  39680

WND375-L000001878   2518.5  2535       16.5      6/25/18   39957~

WND375-L000001878   2578    2584        6        6/25/18   40500

WQL202, B486        2618    2624        6                  40900

Sprint would be clear in the immediate area into Imperial County CA.

Here is the unabridged version: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12La02ReEXzlVbz760c0H0XWOQB4Xt2HrM202-_WzO5c/edit?usp=sharing

It is quite possible that they have another 5mhz, which could then use uncontiguous CA soontm when it becomes available with the latest phones at that time.  If this B41 is from a small cell that other carrier could be the GCI sector 01, else 01 could be another sector from the site as well as 00 or 03.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2017 at 12:11 AM, Hypeo said:

This morning 9/25/2017 Sprint blanketed the city with 10X10 B25-2

So far no speed increases. There's only two toweresthat they changed the RRUs the rest are transmitting 10x10 with original NV RRUs

That area must have 5x5 plus 10x10 then?

8 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

You posted that 10x10 was active? So I'm confused by this statement. 

That's what I thought it had all along, but all of Yuma has a 10x10 so I was confused too. 

Screenshot_20171006-213917.png

On 10/6/2017 at 9:40 PM, Hypeo said:

That's what I thought it had all along, but all of Yuma has a 10x10 so I was confused too. 

That's a proper 10 MHz B25 2nd carrier for ALU land. Your region has 10+5 on B25 then. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, halcyoncmdr said:

Just got an On Air notification for a 1x800 voice upgrade on a site in downtown Tucson. I don't remember seeing any other 1x800 yet that close to the border.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A long time coming!!!

6 hours ago, halcyoncmdr said:

Just got an On Air notification for a 1x800 voice upgrade on a site in downtown Tucson. I don't remember seeing any other 1x800 yet that close to the border.

Is it possible to post the cross streets of the site?  I have a friend that lives there with poor service and he would appreciates some good news. PM me if we need to keep the info private.

1 minute ago, bucdenny said:

Does it mean Mexico rebranding is completed?

Well, if it is not a device reporting error, then it probably means that enough is clear in Mexico to at least run one CDMA 1.25MHz wide channel.

Is it possible to post the cross streets of the site?  I have a friend that lives there with poor service and he would appreciates some good news. PM me if we need to keep the info private.

I'll have to look when I get back to work on Wednesday. But from memory it was basically the I-10 and Broadway area.

Asurion Lead Technical Consultant II

Well, if it is not a device reporting error, then it probably means that enough is clear in Mexico to at least run one CDMA 1.25MHz wide channel.
Info came from GLANCE, not my device. So it could be a reporting error, but less likely at least here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, halcyoncmdr said:

Info came from GLANCE, not my device. So it could be a reporting error, but less likely at least here.

I'm so dense!  I read On Air Notification and assumed it was an Android notification.  So then I was thinking SCP notification.  Made a big leap there.  Especially since I have seen a lot of 'On Air Announcements" in my day.  What a maroon!  :wavey:

Robert

12 hours ago, S4GRU said:

I'm so dense!  I read On Air Notification and assumed it was an Android notification.  So then I was thinking SCP notification.  Made a big leap there.  Especially since I have seen a lot of 'On Air Announcements" in my day.  What a maroon!  :wavey:

Robert

So no 800 then?

4 minutes ago, newgroundsguru said:

So no 800 then?

There is a site with CDMA 800 showing live in Sprint's system.  We don't know until someone can verify it.  

29 minutes ago, newgroundsguru said:

Ohhh neat! Looks like it's time to drive around with signal check open again lol 

To be able to see it, you may have to turn off your LTE if the site happens to be ONLY broadcasting CDMA 1X on 800. Hope you also find LTE on 800, but that was not mentioned as being in service. Bring on some screen shots.

5 minutes ago, chamb said:

To be able to see it, you may have to turn off your LTE if the site happens to be ONLY broadcasting CDMA 1X on 800. Hope you also find LTE on 800, but that was not mentioned as being in service. Bring on some screen shots.

Alright i will keep that in mind