Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Where are these "network completed maps" ? I would like to check them out. I saw a truck working a tower down the street from me and was hoping it was sprint, but they said there were doing Tmobile upgrade- grrrrrrrr hurry up sprint !
you need to be a sponsor to see those maps.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

i doubt this is true, a sprint rep said in 3 weeks 4g lte sites would start being usable he showed me pictures of sprint reps climbing on towers on the south side

Edited by CaveCam

in tucson that is sorry forgot to write this, i dont really believe him (the sprint rep at broadway and campbell in tucson) but thats what the manager said to me there so we shall see
hope it's true

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

in tucson that is sorry forgot to write this, i dont really believe him (the sprint rep at broadway and campbell in tucson) but thats what the manager said to me there so we shall see

Only problem is they can say what every they want. Most of the stores are just filled with sales guys trying to sell you stuff, and they will say alot of crap to keep you on..

• Like 1

I have been told for a long time that the Tucson/Yuma market should start before the end of Winter. That's only 10 days away. So that would be about right. So the manager may be right in this instance. However, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been told for a long time that the Tucson/Yuma market should start before the end of Winter. That's only 10 days away. So that would be about right. So the manager may be right in this instance. However, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I hope man, i hope. With phoenix and new mexico having all those in progress sites the only place left in the area is tucson/yuma! Now i have to pick between the HTC one and Galaxy s4 ^_^

• Like 2

I hope man, i hope. With phoenix and new mexico having all those in progress sites the only place left in the area in tucson/yuma! Now i have to pick between the HTC one and Galaxy s4 ^_^

Decision, decisions. I've always liked HTC phone built quality, but like the bells and whistles of Sammy

• Like 2

Only problem is they can say what every they want. Most of the stores are just filled with sales guys trying to sell you stuff, and they will say alot of crap to keep you on..

i understand that makes a lot of sense,

if we could all keep this thread as "alive" as possible that would be very welcomed. i would be the first to drive to some random tower just to get some lte here in Tucson

• Like 1

i understand that makes a lot of sense,

if we could all keep this thread as "alive" as possible that would be very welcomed. i would be the first to drive to some random tower just to get some lte here in Tucson

We just have to wait, once they get to work on the towers it will take some time to get it up and running. I think its 30 to 90 days? Im not sure but it will be here soon! :tu:

We just have to wait, once they get to work on the towers it will take some time to get it up and running. I think its 30 to 90 days? Im not sure but it will be here soon! :tu:

agreed, its just anxiety of it all, oh well one day we will all be riding the 4g train here in the grand canyon state

Took some pics of a tower where I can see sprint panels but I have no idea who is above them. Any help?

epurenu2.jpg

They look like AT&T PCS panels I've seen before. But not 100% sure.

They look like AT&T PCS panels I've seen before. But not 100% sure.

That's what I figured, I passed by another tower that had the different longer antennas on it for AT&T and one smaller one pointing south west like the one of the picture

i just read that Robert said 4g lte towers just started being worked on in Phoenix, "Deployment started in the Phoenix market a few weeks ago. They are upgrading towers now. However, it is still likely to be another 45-60 days before the very first LTE signals start to light up. But work is underway! :tu:

Robert"

so this is very exciting for me im glad its happening now

Edited by CaveCam
  • Like 1

i just read that Robert said 4g lte towers just started being worked on in Phoenix, "Deployment started in the Phoenix market a few weeks ago. They are upgrading towers now. However, it is still likely to be another 45-60 days before the very first LTE signals start to light up. But work is underway! :tu:

Robert"

so this is very exciting for me im glad its happening now

Indeed, im just waiting for the first signs of the Tucson/Yuma market to start working on the towers! Its been over 10 days since the maps have been updated to cross your fingers! :D

I posted three accepted Tucson/Yuma sites to the maps a few days ago. Will update more soon as they are accepted and I get reports from the market.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Accepted sites are those that have had work done and Sprint has accepted it. AKA, the contractor gets paid because Sprint says that work was done correctly and within the contract terms. It does not mean that all work is done, a site can be accepted for 3G or 4G only as a partial upgrade.

Build-out references the actual work being done on the towers. All of the panel/wiring/backhaul/etc. upgrades being done to the towers. It may also be referred to as deployment, or just Network Vision in general.

So when NV is complete on a site. Is the site already configured and wired and such for LTE and its just a matter of flipping a switch? Or do the vendor have to go back to that site and still complete the LTE part of the site?

So when NV is complete on a site. Is the site already configured and wired and such for LTE and its just a matter of flipping a switch? Or do the vendor have to go back to that site and still complete the LTE part of the site?

When NV is complete yes. For NV to be complete, a site must have the new panels, RRUs, and enhanced backhaul hooked up, with the new 3G and 4G equipment activated. If any one of these is missing, it is not considered entirely complete. Individual parts can be completed and approved however.

A site can be partially completed, either having the new 3G only or 4G only activated. This can be caused by a number of different things, and also depends on which contractor is deploying the tower. Alcatel-Lucent seems to like upgrading 3G first, then going back for 4G later. There are hundreds of different little things that go into upgrading a tower to Network Vision, since it is essentially a complete replacement of the network. If any of these are missing, it isn't completed.

• Like 2

When NV is complete yes. For NV to be complete, a site must have the new panels, RRUs, and enhanced backhaul hooked up, with the new 3G and 4G equipment activated. If any one of these is missing, it is not considered entirely complete. Individual parts can be completed and approved however.

A site can be partially completed, either having the new 3G only or 4G only activated. This can be caused by a number of different things, and also depends on which contractor is deploying the tower. Alcatel-Lucent seems to like upgrading 3G first, then going back for 4G later. There are hundreds of different little things that go into upgrading a tower to Network Vision, since it is essentially a complete replacement of the network. If any of these are missing, it isn't completed.

Thanks. You should put that answer in one of those NBC "Now You Know" spoofs. lol