Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

Here is the pic of the wellton tower. Hopefully you guys can let me know if it has new panels :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Picture is kind of blurry and hard to see the top rack.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Picture is kind of blurry and hard to see the top rack.

Yeah all I have is my phone camera and that was the best I could get.

See if it looks something like this..

http://db.tt/dRp5whJ4

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

To be honest I really could not tell. But those flat panels do seem familiar to that tower....

Yuma still Slow. Their capacity is maxed out. Sad to say but I just got off the phone with Sprint and they are waving my ETF so I can move to another carrier.  They could not provide any info on network status so I think I'm out.

Yuma still Slow. Their capacity is maxed out. Sad to say but I just got off the phone with Sprint and they are waving my ETF so I can move to another carrier.  They could not provide any info on network status so I think I'm out.

They waived the EFt on my 4 lines account as well but I still have not made a decision to go with another carrier yet but most likely I will, it is hard when you cannot even get work email on my iPhone on 3G anymore.

• Like 1

Fair to assume, FanofSkynyrd, that one of these 2 lines of LTE is where you got that speedy service.

Yup, that one heading east almost right after coming out of the mountains. Literally the middle of nowhere!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yuma still Slow. Their capacity is maxed out. Sad to say but I just got off the phone with Sprint and they are waving my ETF so I can move to another carrier. They could not provide any info on network status so I think I'm out.

That stinks, I just renewed when I upgraded to my s4. But I'm driving it out with Sprint, Been with them for over 13 years. Plus I'm military so I will not be in Yuma forever, possibly move to a better coverage area at some point.

That stinks, I just renewed when I upgraded to my s4. But I'm driving it out with Sprint, Been with them for over 13 years. Plus I'm military so I will not be in Yuma forever, possibly move to a better coverage area at some point.

Thank you for your service:

I too have been with sprint for that long, but it just seems like AZ is going to be left in the dust for much longer than anticipated. All the reps here at the stores were told that by June 30th 60% of Yuma was going to have live LTE, now they don't get any updates at all.  Its sad when they themselves are telling you to run the other way.. :-)

Yeah it is a bit frustrating, but the way I figure it, with SoftBanks purchase of Sprint and Sprints purchase of Clearwire...Sprint can do nothing but go up. I've been with them for so long I'm willing to wait it out. Can't beat Sprints prices and I've always thought they had good customer service, especially for folks that been with them as long as me

Thank you for your service:

I too have been with sprint for that long, but it just seems like AZ is going to be left in the dust for much longer than anticipated. All the reps here at the stores were told that by June 30th 60% of Yuma was going to have live LTE, now they don't get any updates at all.  Its sad when they themselves are telling you to run the other way.. :-)

I can guarantee you that the reps in corporate stores were never told such a thing. The most the entire Desert Mountain Area has been told regarding LE is that sites started going live in Denver a month or so ago (which we here knew already obviously).  Either they came up with that information out of thin air (most likely, as they are salesmen, not saints, same crap happened with WiMax when it came to reps giving out info), or the place they got it from was unofficial and by far a terrible source that should never be trusted again. It did not come from any official source however I can guarantee you that.

I can guarantee you that the reps in corporate stores were never told such a thing. The most the entire Desert Mountain Area has been told regarding LE is that sites started going live in Denver a month or so ago (which we here knew already obviously).  Either they came up with that information out of thin air (most likely, as they are salesmen, not saints, same crap happened with WiMax when it came to reps giving out info), or the place they got it from was unofficial and by far a terrible source that should never be trusted again. It did not come from any official source however I can guarantee you that.

I can understand your point, if I was there buying a phone, but I was talking to my friend that works there and he knows better than to BS me with fake info to have me buy a phone.  What both friends from separate stores said is that they had a regional meeting in Phoenix where the network techs told them that Yuma was going to be lit up by June 30th 60% of it. At the time, it seemed like it would go through looking at how many towers were 3G accepted.  But now even the regional managers are not telling them any more info. Something must have happened.  

I also talked to Time Warner reps (also friends), they told me that they don't service Sprint here, it was Century Link. I'm just wondering if the same thing happened here as in New Mexico where the Century Link lines were rejected by Sprint. 

It might explain why towers seem to speed up then go back to a snail's pace if the backhaul is being rejected... but it doesn't explain why no LTE has come to Tucson or Phoenix, where you can't dig a 100' trench without hitting fiber.

• Like 1

It might explain why towers seem to speed up then go back to a snail's pace if the backhaul is being rejected... but what it doesn't do is explain why no LTE has come to Tucson, where you can't dig a 100' trench without hitting fiber.

Thats just what I'm thinking..

Out here, both Time Warner and Century Link are both seen actively laying underground orange pipe around the city.  I wonder if they are just upgrading their services around town all together. 

I can understand your point, if I was there buying a phone, but I was talking to my friend that works there and he knows better than to BS me with fake info to have me buy a phone.  What both friends from separate stores said is that they had a regional meeting in Phoenix where the network techs told them that Yuma was going to be lit up by June 30th 60% of it. At the time, it seemed like it would go through looking at how many towers were 3G accepted.  But now even the regional managers are not telling them any more info. Something must have happened.  

I also talked to Time Warner reps (also friends), they told me that they don't service Sprint here, it was Century Link. I'm just wondering if the same thing happened here as in New Mexico where the Century Link lines were rejected by Sprint. 

Wait what!? Why the hell would they get rejected? For whatever reason why they would do that why doesn't Sprint tell them to piss up a rope and go with Comcast or something else?

Wait what!? Why the hell would they get rejected? For whatever reason why they would do that why doesn't Sprint tell them to piss up a rope and go with Comcast or something else?

This is speculation nothing else..

We only have Time-Werner or Century Link. No one else.

I too have been told by a few Sprint reps that 4G was coming over the last few months. First April, then June and even by the first of August.......

The speeds seam to be slowing down. I just did a test and the ping was 572ms, download: 0.05mpsupload: 0.32mps.....

All within sight of a tower.

I hope this is the storm before the sunrise.....

Lateck,

I too have been told by a few Sprint reps that 4G was coming over the last few months. First April, then June and even by the first of August.......

The speeds seam to be slowing down. I just did a test and the ping was 572ms, download: 0.05mpsupload: 0.32mps.....

Lateck,

Things are only going to get worse until the NV upgrades are finally activated. I don't think any of us have a clue as to what is causing the hold up. It seems like LTE should have been online at least a couple of sites by now. If there isn't anything active by the end of August, I don't think anyone would blame you for jumping ship. It's just unfortunate that it's taking so long when the equipment is obviously in place. If you can make it through til then, I'm sure you'll find the new network to be a great one. It's just the waiting....  <_<

Lateck,

South tucson sucks, i hate going down there. Im sitting in my apartment playing pandora and surfing the web on the 3G and i just pulled 0.62 down and 0.41 up. The network is just so sparse atm.

Things are only going to get worse until the NV upgrades are finally activated. I don't think any of us have a clue as to what is causing the hold up. It seems like LTE should have been online at least a couple of sites by now. If there isn't anything active by the end of August, I don't think anyone would blame you for jumping ship. It's just unfortunate that it's taking so long when the equipment is obviously in place. If you can make it through til then, I'm sure you'll find the new network to be a great one. It's just the waiting....  <_<

But I heard than even in places where LTE is announced and deployed that it is not really that good, kind of like the WiMax situation, I remember having the Evo and travelled to Dallas after WiMax was deployed and it was really unusable at all, people saying Sprint LTE is as good as Sprint WiMax

But I heard than even in places where LTE is announced and deployed that it is not really that good, kind of like the WiMax situation, I remember having the Evo and travelled to Dallas after WiMax was deployed and it was really unusable at all, people saying Sprint LTE is as good as Sprint WiMax

That's because, with the exception of a couple of markets (Kansas City for one), even after they've been announced work is still going on. No one market is complete yet, and coverage will still improve even after the announcement. 

That's because, with the exception of a couple of markets (Kansas City for one), even after they've been announced work is still going on. No one market is complete yet, and coverage will still improve even after the announcement. 

Thank you for the response, do you know anyone who lives in one of the two complete markets? Is the LTE as good as Verizon from signal strength and coverage?

Thank you for the response, do you know anyone who lives in one of the two complete markets? Is the LTE as good as Verizon from signal strength and coverage?

I am from and visit Kansas City very frequently, and I can tell you the network is fantastic. Once I get close to town, my ONE locks onto LTE and I pretty much never drop it except when I'm not in town, or deep in a building. Speeds were all over the place initially, but have settled between 10-15Mbps for the most part. 

Also, once Sprint fires up 800 LTE, that will help enormously with coverage, putting them on par with Verizon where they have coverage. In-building coverage will get a big boost. 

You won't be able to match Verizon's 40+Mbps speeds (which are getting harder and harder to find) until Clear's 2500MHz TD-LTE goes online (which it has in Denver, LA, Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Miami, Tampa and Seattle). 

• Like 1