Network Vision/LTE - Tucson/Yuma Market

jasper7821

TechSmurf:  The site in Yuma that is NV accepted but the panels look nothing like NV equipment. Well I drove by yesterday and as I suspected, It is broadcasting 3G but not Voice..

here is a screenshot of my SignalCheck when I was next to that site..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16006115/Sprint%20tower/2013-06-30_19-57-45.png

When the work permits are granted and NV is installed, are the  same work permits used later for backhaul installation or are new permits pulled?  Can we track progress that way if there are different permits?

Has nothing to do with iDEN. iDEN channels are interleaved with mexican channels, 25KHz for US, 25KHz for them, back and forth, so even after the iDEN shutdown mexican licensees may still be operating in every other 25KHz channel, effectively blocking the range, in which case there's no way to get a 1.25x1.25MHz CDMA carrier in there much less LTE until things are sorted out with Mexico and mexican licensees... and even once that's settled the plan calls for 5.5x5.5MHz co-primary for wideband operations, so they can't run CDMA plus a 5x5 LTE... so I'm not sure what the current plan is.

And, following SMR 800 MHz rebanding, the US primary (i.e. US exclusive) spectrum will shift down to the lowest 6.25 MHz FDD (806-812.25 MHz x 851-857.25 MHz). That is obviously designed to protect Public Safety, which is moving to that low end of the band. But it does nothing to help Sprint, which is moving to the high end of the band (817-824 MHz x 862-869 MHz).

AJ

Would it be possible to deploy a 3x3 LTE carrier and 1 cdma carrier? I guess the only issue is that the current handsets cant run 3x3 LTE bandwidths.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

They still must be messing with towers in Yuma, drove all the way from Foothills through Yuma to a friends house just outside of the city....EvDo the whole way.  On the way back to my house in the Foothills about 4 hours later, Ehprd, but couldnt get a data connection (no internet, Facebook, etc.), couldnt do a prl update nor a profile update.

I know this is all pains associated with the upgrade...but the saga continues!

• Like 1

They still must be messing with towers in Yuma, drove all the way from Foothills through Yuma to a friends house just outside of the city....EvDo the whole way.  On the way back to my house in the Foothills about 4 hours later, Ehprd, but couldnt get a data connection (no internet, Facebook, etc.), couldnt do a prl update nor a profile update.

I know this is all pains associated with the upgrade...but the saga continues!

I agree that there are pains but..... I will jump from Sprint if they do not fix this and have great 4G by time the Note 3 ( 32gb) comes out!

My son has a Note 2 (so do I) on Verizon and he is getting full bars of 4G LTE where I can only get 2 bars 3G! If not roaming.

I have had reasonable service with Sprint but now I'm mad that I can not get what I am being charged for, LTE.

Lateck,

I agree that there are pains but..... I will jump from Sprint if they do not fix this and have great 4G by time the Note 3 ( 32gb) comes out!

My son has a Note 2 (so do I) on Verizon and he is getting full bars of 4G LTE where I can only get 2 bars 3G! If not roaming.

I have had reasonable service with Sprint but now I'm mad that I can not get what I am being charged for, LTE.

Lateck,

Negative comments. Negative comments about Sprint and/or S4GRU are allowed. However, negative comments must be constructive in nature, relevant to the topic and the conversation, illustrate facts, be made rationally and intelligently and cannot have an attack tone. Rants will not be allowed. We do not host Sprint's complaints. Complaints about Sprint should be directed to their customer service channels.

Ranting is against the S4GRU posting rules are not allowed here. Constructive criticism of Sprint is allowed though as long as it pertains to discussing the Network Vision rollout and not just "if sprint doesn't improve then i'll leave for *insert company here*. 

Tim

• Like 2

Tim; Thank you for the reminder.

To relate it back on subject; the service here in the Yuma area has shown a noticeable decrease. Sprint at one time was the best in the southwest. I have seen the drop in coverage and even more roaming around the county. I did not know how far down it was till I compared it to an equal phone on another network.

I joined here to keep track of the improvements, with a positive thought and plan.

Again, sorry for the rant.

Lateck,

• Like 1

My son has a Note 2 (so do I) on Verizon and he is getting full bars of 4G LTE where I can only get 2 bars 3G!

Those signal bars are indicating your son's CDMA1X signal strength, not his LTE signal strength. With rare exception, signal bars are not to be relied upon for LTE signal strength, nor are they a good metric overall.  They are there just to placate the masses.

AJ

• Like 1

Alright so I noticed for a while now, my iPhone has been on 1xRTT and CANNOT go on 3G. I still have the same amount of bars, 4-5 but its dropping to 3 every 5 minutes or so. So, I'm going to monitor it so once it has 3G again I can perform some tests to see if any changes have been made (good or bad). BTW I'm at Speedway & Alvernon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

Very good news right?

Or a tower is actually down.. On Friday there were 10 network tickets open for Tucson metro. 5 were for impending Network Vision upgrades, 5 were actual tower issues unrelated to NV.

Any news or updates? The state of the Sprint network and data speed in Tucson is beyond pathetic! I cannot even stream Pandora on my iPhone which only requires dial-up speeds!

Edited by htabbach

I cant speak for Tuscon, but status in Yuma is so/so.  Compared to like 2 weeks ago its lots better cause I couldnt even stream Pandora, but I still think theres a good amount of work yet to be done.  Cant wait though because the work has been started, and now with the influx of money from Softbank merger, it should help to speed along the updates a little faster...fingers crossed!

I cant speak for Tuscon, but status in Yuma is so/so.  Compared to like 2 weeks ago its lots better cause I couldnt even stream Pandora, but I still think theres a good amount of work yet to be done.  Cant wait though because the work has been started, and now with the influx of money from Softbank merger, it should help to speed along the updates a little faster...fingers crossed!

Last I checked, about half the towers in Yuma were upgraded, or at least started.

I believe they started but have not finished.  Havent seen any real changes in 3g speeds personally

Remember that 3G NV does not require the enhanced backhaul to be installed, to be considered "3G Complete". That is a requirement for 4G LTE to be completed.

Yuma, 16 street and Naples Ave

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Perhaps they have finally activated the enhanced backhaul. I seriously doubt it, im sure it is a fluke. Did you do a second test to see what it was?

Perhaps they have finally activated the enhanced backhaul. I seriously doubt it, im sure it is a fluke. Did you do a second test to see what it was?

Here it is.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

uploadfromtaptalk1373980899279.jpg

• Like 1