Update to CDMA Field Test to read LTE

This is great news. I may be headed to Wichita Falls in a few weeks. Would be great to test it out.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

This is great news. I may be headed to Wichita Falls in a few weeks. Would be great to test it out.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

No LTE here to test but it looks like you could put your LTE signal number in the status bar. So you could see both 1x and LTE.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

No LTE here to test but it looks like you could put your LTE signal number in the status bar. So you could see both 1x and LTE.

I installed it and travel through some heavily-covered LTE areas on my way to work, anything you want me to try out?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Sorry, new to the whole Mobile connection literacy. EVDO RSSI would be mobile data Signal Strength and CDMA would be voice connectivity? And if we have LTE would we still go by EVDO RSSI to see our LTE signal strength(separate of CDMA Strength of course) or would we look at another option or would the app rename that option to LTE RSSI or what?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I installed it and travel through some heavily-covered LTE areas on my way to work, anything you want me to try out?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

See if you can have the LTE signal numbers in the status bar at the top.

Yes, you can toggle LTE RSRP to be displayed in the status bar.

AJ

• Like 1

Yep, it shows it! I didn't have time to compare it to the values in "Network" or "Phone info" menus, but I'll try that later tonight.

EDIT:

Dammit AJ, get back to work! :-P

Yes, you can toggle LTE RSRP to be displayed in the status bar.

AJ

That would be pretty useful.

Robert

Yep, it shows it! I didn't have time to compare it to the values in "Network" or "Phone info" menus, but I'll try that later tonight.

I already confirmed that it pulls the same RSRP figures as in the LTE Engineering screen.

AJ

• Like 1

on ssgs3, it doesnt show the bsid, sid,or nid in the cdma2k side while on stock but it does while on cm10

It does on the Note 2.

Robert

I tried this new version briefly today on my GS3, stock running current Jellybean firmware. I went to an area with 4G signal, and I had 4G icon in my system Notifications bar.

The app showed the Data Type as "Lte" -- which I already knew from the Notifications bar. Sometimes is showed "Lte Cqi2147483647." This is apparently some buggy concatenation with some random string "Cqi" and Java's max integer decimal value.

But the app's "Lte RSRP" field always showed "null" while I had a 4G signal according to my system Notifications bar. And curiously, the app's screen displayed some dBm value for "Lte RSRP" when I only had a 3G data signal.

None of the LTE connections appeared in the log that was exported. (This feature is what I most want in such an app, because I can always see the basic LTE connections data by watching my stock LTE Engineering screen.) There is no display or logging of the cell/sector IDs that are available in my LTE Engineering screen.

I have not yet tried the feature to toggle LTE signal strength in the bar. (Didn't understand that feature at the time.)

Altogether, not a good first impression. It is called a beta, but it needs work for my device. Also, I assume -- since the app runs on others' handsets not yet upgraded to Jellybean -- that its LTE features are based on some legacy workarounds to harvest the LTE signal strength, rather than on the new standard features supporting LTE in Android's Jellybean API.

Finally got the signal figures for LTE to appear in the bar. I guess this feature has been there for CDMA signals all along. I never realized it because the font is so blurry and faint that I can't read the numerals. This is not an inherent problem. My GS3 displays digits for time and battery level, and I can read those.