Where do you buy your phones?

pyroscott

Where do you buy your phones?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your retailer of choice for your smartphone needs?

• Sprint corporate store
    • Major retail authorized reseller (Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, etc.)
    • Other authorized reseller
    • Sprint online store
    • Online reseller (Amazon, Wirefly, etc.)
    • Ebay
    • Craigslist
    • Other

I'm a new Sprint customer, but my family's 4 lines came from the online store. 2 iPhone 5s and 2 iPhone 4Ses.I was planning on getting mine from a corporate store, but I was a bit late and they had no stock of the iPhone 5. That same day, I drove 20 minutes to a Walmart, and they had stock, but they couldn't add my line because the account-holder wasn't there. I ended up ordering online. It was supposed to take 3 weeks, but I got it just under a week later (6 days).

• 3 weeks later...

Personally, I always got my phone purchases and upgrades at Sprint corp stores. I have add one too many bad experiences, both personally, and as a wireless device admin, at 3rd party retailers.

KCT - "No Matter Where You Go, There You Are!"

Upgraded my wife's sgs2 to the sgs3 for .96 cents @ Sam's Club. The entire process went surprisingly well. I don't do lines. To ensure that I would get a phone, I went in on Wendsday and paid $148, and then sent the kids in Friday morning to wait in line for the price adjustment. And what a line it was, so I'm told. She loves the phone btw...Other than this most recent instance,

1.) initially ported lines in corporate store.

2.) Retentions offered early upgrades via tele-sales due to poor service quality issues.

3.) Upgrades at Best Buy due to convenience (ALL Corporate stores are in heavily congested areas of the city, and BB in Tulsa Hills less than 5 minute drive) and instant rebates. BB usually knowledgeable and friendly staff. Most recently started price matching websites. Which is good because I would rather deal with my local BB than Amazon Wireless. Can handle any issue face to face.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm on SERO so if I'm buying a new contract phone, it has to be directly from Sprint. I did buy my current Evo 3D via eBay and was quite pleased with the transaction and price. It allowed me to get a newer phone without pulling the trigger on my contract.

• 1 month later...
I bought my current phone from Glyde. But I'm using a no-contract MVNO, so it's unsubsidized. No issues.

Glyde? Sounds like some sort of industrial lubricant.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Best Buy, they price match amazon and sometimes are cheaper, they also refund the difference when prices go down. I like being able to see the phone in person too.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

It looks like they have changed price match: "The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phone devices and plans..."

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat290300050002

I can confirm, I tried 5 local BestBuy stores last week and they all said no more pricematch for postpaid phones. I had to order from Amazon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

As a business customer, I do it through my dedicated customer care rep. We get upgrades on all phones (except iPhones) every 12 months, but it's problematic to get this done through any other channel plus, if I go to a retail store, I have to buy the phone out of pocket then get reimbursed. Through dedicated care, they do bill the phone through he account. Once I get a phone, I go to a corporate Sprint store to activate the phone to ensure all the contacts switch over properly. This isn't an issue with smartphones as much as the direct connect devices we have for most of my staff.

i Usually used to upgrade only thru TeleSales on Sprint cause of my SERO Plan, I couldnt just upgrade because they could not access my account....but for my Note 2, i got my note 2 thru amazon wireless for phone only

• 3 weeks later...

I've only used Best Buy and Sprint stores - whichever is most convenient/cost effective at the time of upgrade.

Just bought mine from Sam's. My local Sprint store was more expensive and the manager was flat rude. At Sam's I was at least greeted with a smile and a better price.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2