Network Vision/LTE - Upstate New York Markets - Central & East (including Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, Ithaca, Utica)

bstrignano

Text from Sprint on 1/18: SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month the new network will be largely completed in your area making it better than ever! http://sprint.us/network1 Reply S to stop

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

I got the same thing today.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Downtown Ithaca, NY.....LTE lit up on my phone for about 2 hours while I was DJ'ing a party, from about 8:30 until about 11pm....here's the screen shot of the test I ran.  Hasn't lit up again for me today but I'm holding out hope that LTE is arriving soon

post-34199-0-48801700-1391874657_thumb.jpg

I've found a whole bunch of CDMA1X 800 all over Syracuse. None of it is shown on any maps that I've seen so far. My nexus connects to it when it falls back from PCS LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've found a whole bunch of CDMA1X 800 all over Syracuse. None of it is shown on any maps that I've seen so far. My nexus connects to it when it falls back from PCS LTE.Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Robert updates them every other day or every 3days. If there's not enough activity to update them its probably not worth it. He will probably have one today, it seems Tuesdays is a normal update day. Also, he's just one guy, hang in there! By the way your lucky us here in Rochester won't see 800 for some time.

Robert updates them every other day or every 3days. If there's not enough activity to update them its probably not worth it. He will probably have one today, it seems Tuesdays is a normal update day. Also, he's just one guy, hang in there! By the way your lucky us here in Rochester won't see 800 for some time.

800 updates are done much less frequently. The reports do not come consistently or cohesively for 800 unfortunately.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Hopefully that means Binghamton isn't far off from getting 800 too. Upstate NY has been dry as far as 800 acceptances are concerned. Once it gets turned on I can finally get my girlfriend's family to leave Verizon, their house is on the fringe of 1900 1x and it's only partially usable.

Going to be in Ithaca on Saturday, I hope that intermittent LTE site is on full time by then.

The weird thing is my EVO would never connect to it. Even if it meant roaming. But every time my nexus makes a call while connected to PCS LTE, it falls back to 800. Not sure what's up with that. I haven't had the chance to test incoming calls to see if it's the same. For the longest time I thought the exclusionary zone around Syracuse didn't matter when it came to ibez and 800 restrictions. Makes me wonder how long its been broadcasting here for.

Hopefully that means Binghamton isn't far off from getting 800 too. Upstate NY has been dry as far as 800 acceptances are concerned. Once it gets turned on I can finally get my girlfriend's family to leave Verizon, their house is on the fringe of 1900 1x and it's only partially usable.

Going to be in Ithaca on Saturday, I hope that intermittent LTE site is on full time by then.

Hey did you ever make it out to Ithaca Saturday? The LTE was lit up all weekend....major tease though, seems like it off today....that sucked I was hyped there for a while. Ran some speed tests using sensorly

Hey did you ever make it out to Ithaca Saturday? The LTE was lit up all weekend....major tease though, seems like it off today....that sucked I was hyped there for a while. Ran some speed tests using sensorly

I'll be up there this coming Saturday, but will be on a wine tour bus, so I can't really determine my own path unfortunately. But I have signalcheck set to notify me upon new LTE connections, so I'll make sure to stay alert for them.

I'll be up there this coming Saturday, but will be on a wine tour bus, so I can't really determine my own path unfortunately. But I have signalcheck set to notify me upon new LTE connections, so I'll make sure to stay alert for them.

The funny this I noticed about the Syracuse/Upstate Central market, they were at first really fast with 3G and 4G acceprances but then Rochester zoomed right past you guys over there and seems like we are far more ahead... Strange how that stuff happens...  Just my opinion and observations...  

My Endwell 800, I think this is the Skye Island Drive site. It said "Odell Ave" briefly when my call was over:

Screenshot_2014-02-20-23-01-27.png

Hopefully this means the Binghamton area is getting turned on in a cluster, and that hasn't been reflected in the maps yet. 

Oddly enough, it was very difficult receiving phone calls last night. Two people sent angry texts asking why I didn't pick up. When I told someone to retry, I stood by the window, and it came in. It took about ten seconds of me flicking the answer toggle, and the phone freezing for it finally to latch on to 1x800 and actually answer the call. First time I had seen 1x800 at home, and my girlfriend did not share any of that joy with me during the call. 

Does this mean eCSFB really isn't working here, or are the delayed calls actually normal on eCSFB enabled sites?

• Like 1

Can't find 1x800 anymore in Endwell, I think it must have been in testing temporarily. I hope it comes in full force soon though. Could really use it on the outskirts where there is limited coverage not too far from town.

Ithaca had some fast LTE on Saturday! I had a -105 signal and it was still pulling down 17Mbps. Downtown should be a much happier place for Sprint users.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

According to the Sprint.com map Syracuse, Fulton, Ithaca and Oswego are now 4G LTE markets!

Nice! I wonder what made them choose to launch Syracuse now. We have been mostly covered for several months with little to no activity.