Sprint says about one quarter behind on LTE target

Wasn't aware Sprint had coverage in Jamaica and Cuba.

Isaac.. No delays there. Maybe Laplace and Plaquemines Parish for a week or two. Flip over to another tower and come back to those.

The hurricane thing was just an excuse. And would have only been at the most a few days delay as crews got out of the way but I don't think they had started in the New Orleans market then anyways.

They still haven't started in Baton Rouge almost 2 months after the hurricane happened and to be honest it really wasn't that much of a hurricane event.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

What about that weird derecho thing that hit DC a few months back? Could they be blaming it on that?

Wait I thought it was the birds nesting in the towers causing delays....now its hurricanes. Lol

Still though they are doing fine all things considered. I remember long ago they were yapping about 2014-5 and then said LTE would be deployed by end of 2013 everywhere...so a qtr off ain't much with all things considered.

Dates on big projects move all the time...its the nature of forecasting the things and if ever spot on u should quit and play the lotto bc u have too much luck on ur side. Lol

• Like 1

When you say heart of the Midwest, you mean Kansas right? B)

That would be the heart of Sprint lol, everyone knows Ohio is the heart of the Midwest lol ;)

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2

Sandy has the potential to delay everything on the east coast. Already talking evacuation possibilities along the Chesapeake, Delmarva, Jersey Shore, and NYC areas.

(Not making excuses for Sprint here, just giving the forecast)

Is it still supposed to be just cat 1?

Is it still supposed to be just cat 1?

It's not supposed to be a tropical system. It's going to be some sort of tropical/extratropical hybrid system. And "just a cat 1" completely underwhelms the magnitude of this thing. It is going to be much more expansive than a normal hurricane, pushing a lot more water onto the shore than normal, and it is interacting with another system in the mid-atlantic ocean that is will be cause a huge fetch of water to be pushed into the Northeast, combining with full moon astronomical high tides, and you get extraordinary coastal flooding. Then there's the possible foot of rain, and blizzard conditions possible over inland areas. This could be a Nor'Easter like none other.

Not to be an alarmist, there's still a lot to be pinned down, but it's very concerning.

• Like 1

That would be the heart of Sprint lol, everyone knows Ohio is the heart of the Midwest lol ;)

No no no. Everyone knows that Kansas is the heart of the Midwest. At least that's what they teach us in school. :D

No no no. Everyone knows that Kansas is the heart of the Midwest. At least that's what they teach us in school. :D

Tomato, tamoto? Lol as long as we get some LTE love

It's not supposed to be a tropical system. It's going to be some sort of tropical/extratropical hybrid system. And "just a cat 1" completely underwhelms the magnitude of this thing. It is going to be much more expansive than a normal hurricane, pushing a lot more water onto the shore than normal, and it is interacting with another system in the mid-atlantic ocean that is will be cause a huge fetch of water to be pushed into the Northeast, combining with full moon astronomical high tides, and you get extraordinary coastal flooding. Then there's the possible foot of rain, and blizzard conditions possible over inland areas. This could be a Nor'Easter like none other.

Not to be an alarmist, there's still a lot to be pinned down, but it's very concerning.

Anything more than a Cat 3 and I'm not hanging out. Stayed outside most of the day when the Cat 3 was passing several years ago, watching shingles fly across the field was interesting.

I just repeat what the northerner's tell us, "why would you want to live close to the coast and in a flood area like that?" NYC should be fine, it's not like they are close to the coast or anything like that ;)

Wait I thought it was the birds nesting in the towers causing delays....now its hurricanes. Lol

No No, You are misinformed... Its not Birds, its ANGRY Birds!!! A New version rumored to be put out by a rival company where you shoot birds at sprint towers and try and knock the evil technicians off!!! This is what is REALLY slowing it down!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No No, You are misinformed... Its not Birds, its ANGRY Birds!!! A New version rumored to be put out by a rival company where you shoot birds at sprint towers and try and knock the evil technicians off!!! This is what is REALLY slowing it down!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hmm... How about shoot the birds but not knock the techs off? If you don't get the birds fast enough the birds attack the techs. That would be an awesome game!

• Like 2

Anything more than a Cat 3 and I'm not hanging out. Stayed outside most of the day when the Cat 3 was passing several years ago, watching shingles fly across the field was interesting.

I just repeat what the northerner's tell us, "why would you want to live close to the coast and in a flood area like that?" NYC should be fine, it's not like they are close to the coast or anything like that ;)

Lol... Esp the flood area part... Too much water up there and the financial district is a gonner. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• 5 weeks later...
This makes me sad, means I likely won't see LTE until 2015. :(

This thread discusses a one quarter delay, not one year.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Wasn't the plan to have 12,000 sites completed this year? There's only 34 days left this year and you need to factor Christmas into that. I don't see how that number is possible.

its not going to happen and that is why as said in this thread that they are a quarter behind which is about 3 months I bealve

Wasn't the plan to have 12,000 sites completed this year? There's only 34 days left this year and you need to factor Christmas into that. I don't see how that number is possible.

Definitely not going to happen.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

its not going to happen and that is why as said in this thread that they are a quarter behind which is about 3 months I bealve

I was pointing out that the math doesn't really add up for just a quarter behind. At the current rates of deployment, it seems like they are more than 3 months behind.

Oh well! The way i look at it, theres still a "great unknown outcome" to the softbank investment. I would expect all plans to go into hyperdrive once Son is officially sitting at the table. Is money the key to a faster deployment? Not necessarily, but I fail to believe he will be satisfied with the status quo of the old cash strapped sprint

I was pointing out that the math doesn't really add up for just a quarter behind. At the current rates of deployment, it seems like they are more than 3 months behind.

It does in a way, but theres markets that have not started yet as far as we know and some have been delayed like the michagain market,Minnesota thats now having sites accepted, some seconed round markets havent even started yet or alteast haven't had sites accepted from sprint. I think that sprint had that number a little high, but if all the markets would have started on time i could see it being around that number

The number of sites accepted only tells part of the story. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of sites that work is currently under way.

Robert