Sprint says about one quarter behind on LTE target

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-says-one-quarter-behind-122103397.html

Says saw some delays from vendors from material shortages, hurricanes. Says delay won't meaningfully change expecations of timing or cost of the project.

I guess this came out during the confernce call..

Edited by YoungHov718
  • Like 1

http://finance.yahoo...-122103397.html

Says saw some delays from vendors from material shortages, hurricanes. Says delay won't meaningfully change expecations of timing or cost of the project.

Obviously this isnt Alcatel-Lucent since they've been sped up. Samsung is doing OK as well. Ericcson is the one doggin it.

Yes, this was stated directly on the conference call. They also stated they have approx. 4300 sites online which is vastly different that what has been reported here..

• Like 1

Yes' date=' this was stated directly on the conference call. They also stated they have approx. 4300 sites online which is vastly different that what has been reported here..[/quote']

I think they are counting updates and not sites. They always state higher amounts, yet they do not have any significant coverage areas than what we report. So who do you think is accurate?

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 4

Obviously this isnt Alcatel-Lucent since they've been sped up. Samsung is doing OK as well. Ericcson is the one doggin it.

I've heard field reports of Ericsson equipment delays recently. This may account for slower production rates in Ericsson markets.

I think they are counting updates and not sites. They always state higher amounts, yet they do not have any significant coverage areas than what we report. So who do you think is accurate?

Trust me I believe what is reported here is 100% accurate. If more sites were online we would see it being reported from more community members.

• Like 5

I wonder if they included Shentel numbers in that total as well? I would imagine not but it's possible.I never really noticed if Sprint includes Shentel tower counts in their totals?

We count active and verified Shentel sites in our totals. I think there was just under a dozen in our last update total. Since neither Sprint nor Shentel give us the info, we use observations from our members for Shentel sites.

Trust me I believe what is reported here is 100% accurate. If more sites were online we would see it being reported from more community members.

The discrepancy always has existed since day one. This time it is actually a little less than it has been in the past. However, our data for our maps comes directly from Sprint.

I'd have to disagree. It looks like Alca-Lu is behind in Southern California. There should be 100's of live LTE sites in San Diego, Orange, and San Bernadino/Riverside. There's not much progress in their second round probably because LA is sucking up all the resources.

What 2 quarters in and one behind already?

(mumble) (hand jesture) o

More like 3+ quarters in. Also, if you were going to fall behind, it would be at the start due to getting equipment, logistics, bugs worked out, etc.

I'd have to disagree. It looks like Alca-Lu is behind in Southern California. There should be 100's of live LTE sites in San Diego, Orange, and San Bernadino/Riverside. There's not much progress in their second round probably because LA is sucking up all the resources.

Orange and San Bernandino/Riverside began deployment on time.It was not any delays I dont know about San Diego schedule date to begin.

Orange and San Bernandino/Riverside began deployment on time.It was not any delays I dont know about San Diego schedule date to begin.

I was referring to the information from the premier section maps regarding deployment dates. Most of Orange County's dates were after San Diego so it makes me wonder why you would claim Orange County started on time and San Diego was not late.

Hurricanes? Ha!

Please name where a hurricane delayed them? My list would be very small and they could have simply picked another tower on the list and went back to that one a week or two later.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

Isaac.... Sandy....

Wasn't aware Sprint had coverage in Jamaica and Cuba.

Isaac.. No delays there. Maybe Laplace and Plaquemines Parish for a week or two. Flip over to another tower and come back to those.

The hurricane thing was just an excuse. And would have only been at the most a few days delay as crews got out of the way but I don't think they had started in the New Orleans market then anyways.

They still haven't started in Baton Rouge almost 2 months after the hurricane happened and to be honest it really wasn't that much of a hurricane event.

http://finance.yahoo...-122103397.html

Now to wait and see if that means they will catch up or a quarter behind is close enough, not a meaningful delay.

You also have to consider that it's not just wind and destruction. A simple rainy day can cause delays. And I Isaac brought a ton of rain inland, and moved extremely slowly. So work in the Kansas market, and part of the Texas markets could have been affected by that as well. Not that Ericsson was moving all that quickly anyway...

Wasn't aware Sprint had coverage in Jamaica and Cuba.

Haha. She's likely causing a stop in progress in Florida today, and could cause a huge headache for the Northeast this weekend and next week. Maybe they could see into the future delays?

If sprint was smart they would find a way to get Guantanamo service everyone knows the prisoners would be tortured by slow 3G speeds lol.

Due the Nor'East tropical storm front, Sprint should just mosey on over to the heart of the Midwest. ;) lol

Sent from my EVO LTE-LESS using Tapatalk 2