Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

The Kyocera Torque is the first non-iDevice from Sprint with a removable SIM. It flies under the radar here because it's Direct Connect, but the phone itself looks kind of impressive. HD Voice, interesting air conductive earpiece, can take a beating, and has fairly good mid-range specs. I wouldn't get one but I know there are some Network Vision crews who might be interested.

• Like 3

The Kyocera Torque is the first non-iDevice from Sprint with a removable SIM. It flies under the radar here because it's Direct Connect, but the phone itself looks kind of impressive. HD Voice, interesting air conductive earpiece, can take a beating, and has fairly good mid-range specs. I wouldn't get one but I know there are some Network Vision crews who might be interested.

I didn't know it had a removable SIM. Thanks for posting that!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Having held one (and just held), I'd say I rather like the build quality of it, quite a bit. If I was someone looking for a rugged phone, I'd pick one up over, well, anything. No way a "phone in an otterbox" is as good as a proper MilSpec 810g phone. My only issue is, I've been very unimpressed with Kyocera's software; the Echo was pretty bad, the Rise is very "meh", and the Dura line is, well...

Having held one (and just held), I'd say I rather like the build quality of it, quite a bit. If I was someone looking for a rugged phone, I'd pick one up over, well, anything. No way a "phone in an otterbox" is as good as a proper MilSpec 810g phone. My only issue is, I've been very unimpressed with Kyocera's software; the Echo was pretty bad, the Rise is very "meh", and the Dura line is, well...

Someone told me their Rise freezes up on them often.

I'm thinking of going to a Sprint Store tomorrow to play around with the Torque. I'm hoping the move to removable SIM's is beginning in earnest.

You and me both. I would like to see removable SIM's as a standard feature, but can wait if it will cause more trouble than its worth.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

You and me both. I would like to see removable SIM's as a standard feature, but can wait if it will cause more trouble than its worth.

By now, I would hope that Sprint has eHRPD/Diameter Authentication worked out. If not, that's a bad sign.

By now, I would hope that Sprint has eHRPD/Diameter Authentication worked out. If not, that's a bad sign.

Did Verizon ever work it out, or do they still have issues here and there?

Did Verizon ever work it out, or do they still have issues here and there?

They haven't had any national issues for a while. They may have issues here and there but it's very minor now.

They haven't had any national issues for a while. They may have issues here and there but it's very minor now.

Ok. Then Sprint should have it worked out too.

I'm thinking of going to a Sprint Store tomorrow to play around with the Torque. I'm hoping the move to removable SIM's is beginning in earnest.

Agree. I do not like having to buy/own one phone (Sprint) for domestic use and then another (GSM) for international. :angry:

Josh, you might want to update your OP for the HTC One. It is going to be on sale for Sprint April 19th with preorders beginning April 5th.

http://newsroom.spri...article_id=2547

Done. Been working the past few days, so that's why I hadn't updated it. Thanks! :)

Guest 503ducati

Think this is another Samsung device coming to Sprint? Samsung devices on Sprint usually start with "SPH," I believe; the Samsung Victory: SPH-L300. This is SPH-L500. GSIII Mini???

https://www.bluetoot...L.cfm?qid=20389

Must have just went through, here's an article on 'SPH-L500'. http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/06/samsung-sph-l500-fcc-sprint-lte/

• Like 2

Finally! I've been waiting for so long for it to go thru the FCC. Thanks for posting!

Guess what, Josh? No SVDO.

;)

AJ

Oh well. Can I do the article on it?

Since Robert is away, I guess it is like I am the eldest child left in charge of the house. So, sure, if you want to write an article on this Samsung handset, it is all yours. Go for it, and let me know when you are ready to publish.

AJ

• Like 2

Since Robert is away, I guess it is like I am the eldest child left in charge of the house. So, sure, if you want to write an article on this Samsung handset, it is all yours. Go for it, and let me know when you are ready to publish.

AJ

Thanks. I will!

• 1 month later...

Is there a relatively standard amount of time between FCC testing and the release of a phone (e.g. 2 months)?

Also, I noticed the S4 was tested a couple weeks after its announcement (so about 3 weeks before it was released). Is that usually how it goes, or is it more common to have testing before a model is announced? Sorry if these are stupid questions; FCC testing is new to me.

Is there a relatively standard amount of time between FCC testing and the release of a phone (e.g. 2 months)?

Unfortunately, no. If you look back at my FCC OET authorization article series, you will find that some filings come just a few weeks after a device is announced. Others come up to several months before a device is released.

AJ

• Like 1

I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be nice. I got to hold one at a T-Mobile store the other week, and it's a very nice device.

Possibly a sprint nexus 4 soon?

http://gsminsider.co...+the+insider%29

"Lte enabled device"

I'll believe it when I see it, but it would be nice. I got to hold one at a T-Mobile store the other week, and it's a very nice device.

After the clown show that was the last run of CDMA2000 on AOSP (with Verizon suspected to be the culprit for CDMA2000 devices getting pulled from AOSP) I would be shocked to see any Nexus on CDMA. What's likely going to happen is a Nexus that supports Bands 4 and 17 along with the rest of the GSM family of standards and Pentaband WCDMA/HSPA 42.