Sprint LTE Device Release Dates

MacinJosh

So I can have an iPad as line on my account ?

i-can-has-cheezburger%20(1).jpg

AJ

• Like 2

So I can have an iPad as line on my account ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure. Best way to check is to call a Sprint store and ask them, since you can't buy them online right now.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Any word of the HTC Butterfly coming to Sprint?

You mean the 5 inch phablet that Verizon released as the Droid DNA? Nope. Not even PhoneArena.com has any rumors on that yet. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear about another HTC phone for Sprint until January, or as late as next June.

Sent from my LG-LS840 Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used this a little today while driving. Once I'm in 4g and then leave 4g it doesn't cycle again, Right? Also having a black screen with white letters would help at night while driving around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I used this a little today while driving. Once I'm in 4g and then leave 4g it doesn't cycle again' date=' Right? Also having a black screen with white letters would help at night while driving around.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2[/quote']

I'm not sure what you are referring to here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus running Paradigm 3.0 using Forum Runner

I was driving in 3g coverage. Launched app. Cycled until I drove into 4g. Drove further and went back to 3g but app didn't do anything when I went back to 3g. I thought it kept checking if you were still in 4g.

I was driving in 3g coverage. Launched app. Cycled until I drove into 4g. Drove further and went back to 3g but app didn't do anything when I went back to 3g. I thought it kept checking if you were still in 4g.

Which app? Sensorly?

I do believe you are in the wrong thread.

LOL SO SORRY. my bad guys. I'm dumb. Was trying to respond to that new lte app thread. Lol.

Its ok. I wasn't sure what app you were using. Your finger may have randomly pushed the wrong button on you.

LOL SO SORRY. my bad guys. I'm dumb. Was trying to respond to that new lte app thread. Lol.

For a second I thought you had the LG phone that can open two apps on the screen at the same time. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you're still updating this list Josh, but I saw this article this morning.

The Kyocera Torque: http://phandroid.com...era-torque-fcc/

It appears to be some kind of "rugged" Android device coming to Sprint, with LTE and NFC support.

Edit: One commenter on the article suggested that there is possibly a PTT button on the side of the phone. This might actually be a good device for some.

For the Sprint connect now app only, I'm sure. I can't see it feasible to release a new phone with iDen chip inside when shutdown coming in June. Right?

Wish they would open the app to more devices.

Yea, iDen is unlikely... I don't even think they sell those anymore. But, it could be PTT button for Sprint Direct Connect/PTT. Similar to what you see on the Kyocera Dura-line of Phones.

Not sure if you're still updating this list Josh' date=' but I saw this article this morning.

The Kyocera Torque: http://phandroid.com...era-torque-fcc/

It appears to be some kind of "rugged" Android device coming to Sprint, with LTE and NFC support.

Edit: One commenter on the article suggested that there is possibly a PTT button on the side of the phone. This might actually be a good device for some.

Thanks for notifying me. I will add it to the list when I get a chance later this week. And I'm keeping this list up anytime I find new info about new phones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Yea' date=' iDen is unlikely... I don't even think they sell those anymore. But, it could be PTT button for Sprint Direct Connect/PTT. Similar to what you see on the Kyocera Dura-line of Phones.[/quote']

That's probably what it is, if it has it. It wouldn't be the first smartphone in the Sprint Direct Connect line. But with LTE and NFC, it might sell better than the last one. I hope to see some BlackBerry branded Sprint LTE and Sprint Direct Connect devices too.

Think this is another Samsung device coming to Sprint? Samsung devices on Sprint usually start with "SPH' date='" I believe; the Samsung Victory: SPH-L300. This is SPH-L500. GSIII Mini???

https://www.bluetoot...L.cfm?qid=20389

Definitely a Sprint device just by the model number. Won't know for sure if it's LTE until it hits the FCC. If you find it before I do, let me know. Thanks!

According to the FCC docs for the Kyocera Torque, there is no EVDO data listed in the simultaneous transmissions area, or in the other reports. If this is the case, then it's the first of its kind in a transition from EVDO. :blink:

Edit: Just updated the list on the Original post with the Kyocera Torque and the Samsung SPH L-500.

2nd Edit: I found proof that it supports EVDO data, they just make it harder to see it when the only tests conducted with EVDO are listed near the end of the SAR report.

Edited by MacinJosh

LTE%20phone%20list%201-19-13.jpg

I see a definite pattern. Apparently, SVDO passed away in late September -- unless that is just a hoax.

AJ

• Like 1