Jellybean OTA coming to the S3 10/25

Ascertion

Project butter has my phone running really smooth. Finally having Google Now is great. It's a like a brand new phone all over again. I can't wait until I do a factory reset to see how much more performance I'll get..

Just came here to post the link but I see gr8nuguy beat me to it! :)

Anyways I downloaded the update file from that same link in the morning, booted into recovery and flashed without problems.

Needless to say im in love with Google Now !

Project butter has my phone running really smooth. Finally having Google Now is great. It's a like a brand new phone all over again. I can't wait until I do a factory reset to see how much more performance I'll get..

Mine is running smooth as well.

Is a factory reset needed though? I mean, I never thought of doing it but now that you mention it...

Mine is running smooth as well.

Is a factory reset needed though? I mean, I never thought of doing it but now that you mention it...

It is not, but ever since I've owned an Android Device I've practiced this since I tend to notice certain applications will crash/malfunction or cause some sort of issue. So I just do a factory reset after any major OS upgrade. For me, it's quite similar to re-installing Windows.

It is not, but ever since I've owned an Android Device I've practiced this since I tend to notice certain applications will crash/malfunction or cause some sort of issue. So I just do a factory reset after any major OS upgrade. For me, it's quite similar to re-installing Windows.

Will I be able to keep my files on my memory card after this is installed

I installed the OTA file manually this morning, and only had a short time to test the LTE performance. In that anecdotal test, I found no difference with the previous firmware as far as acquiring an LTE signal goes.

I tried in a place with a marginal-strength LTE signal (about -114 dBm RSRP). My GS3 still won't acquire the 4G signal on its own there, but will after toggling airplane mode. This was also true with the previous version.

Has anyone been able to update via the software updater through Sprint? Still no update available through them on my wifes phone.

I haven't yet. I have some friends in Utah that got it earlier this morning. They said they got the notification on their phones. I'll most likely manually update later on this evening if I don't see it soon!

• Like 1

I haven't yet. I have some friends in Utah that got it earlier this morning. They said they got the notification on their phones. I'll most likely manually update later on this evening if I don't see it soon!

STILL WAITING MYSELF.. I may have to go ahead and push it manually

http://android.clien..._LI3_to_LJ7.zip

:) (for those who havent got the update yet) MUST BE ON COMPLETE STOCK, RECOVERY, EVERYTHING!

UPDATE: Works like a charm! Now on to discover some JB goodness

is this odin flashable or only via cwm? i can do either but don't want to risk a brick

NVM.. I can't wait so I will apply as update through recovery (VolUp+Home+Power) Keeping fingers crossed. Assuming this will work since the file size is 370mb update and not a full rom

How I updated npn rooted stock device to the new Jelly Bean Zip.

1st down load app to your computer. http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_LI3_to_LJ7.zip

2nd "I" took the SD card out of my phone and put it into a card reader and plugged that into a USB port on my computer

Once I made sure that the zip was there I put the SD card back into my phone.

3rd I turned off the phone

4th I held the up volume button, the power button, and the home button at the same time until I saw a flash that said Samsung and let all buttons go immediately.

The phone goes into update soft ware mode and a screen appears with blue writing and yellow at the bottom.

Choose the update from external SD drive option

The blue writing has source files that you can update, and you must pick the update that has the zip L7 file by using the volume up or down key

Once you scroll down to the zip file that is the L7 Jelly Bean update hit the power key and wait until the update is done and reboots.

you are now an updated SG III Jelly Bean user congratulations.

This is for those that think they are to lame or is afraid of making a go of this. Don't be afraid it is really this simple and works.

I hope this helps you un rooted people do what I at 1st thought may be impossible or would ruin /brick my phone. Well let me be the 1st to say don't be afraid to do this NOW!

At 1st glance the settings on the drop down menu is one of my 1st favorite likes.....no more hitting the auto brightness box by mistake when using the settings key form the drop down. Now I am signing off to explore the JB greatness.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE THIS ZIP! NOWWWWWW!

• Like 3

Worked like a charm.

Thanks.

How I updated npn rooted stock device to the new Jelly Bean Zip.

1st down load app to your computer. http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/sprint_samsung_l710/eec955eb4a5b.update_SPH-L710_LI3_to_LJ7.zip

2nd "I" took the SD card out of my phone and put it into a card reader and plugged that into a USB port on my computer

Once I made sure that the zip was there I put the SD card back into my phone.

3rd I turned off the phone

4th I held the up volume button, the power button, and the home button at the same time until I saw a flash that said Samsung and let all buttons go immediately.

The phone goes into update soft ware mode and a screen appears with blue writing and yellow at the bottom.

Choose the update from external SD drive option

The blue writing has source files that you can update, and you must pick the update that has the zip L7 file by using the volume up or down key

Once you scroll down to the zip file that is the L7 Jelly Bean update hit the power key and wait until the update is done and reboots.

you are now an updated SG III Jelly Bean user congratulations.

This is for those that think they are to lame or is afraid of making a go of this. Don't be afraid it is really this simple and works.

I hope this helps you un rooted people do what I at 1st thought may be impossible or would ruin /brick my phone. Well let me be the 1st to say don't be afraid to do this NOW!

At 1st glance the settings on the drop down menu is one of my 1st favorite likes.....no more hitting the auto brightness box by mistake when using the settings key form the drop down. Now I am signing off to explore the JB greatness.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE THIS ZIP! NOWWWWWW!

Has anyone received the ota ? I've been reading all kinds of tech websites and it seems like nobody has Received it. I think out of 10 websites there was only 2 people who say they received it.

I haven't received the OTA. But that might be because I cannot find my GS3. Seriously. I have so many devices now that I'm losing them. DOH!!!

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Has anyone received the ota ? I've been reading all kinds of tech websites and it seems like nobody has Received it. I think out of 10 websites there was only 2 people who say they received it.

Yes, users are getting the OTA. But I imagine the rollout will take a while because the update file is about 350 megabytes.

Anyone who is impatient should just download the file and apply it manually according to the link and instructions in the thread above. It really is a non-intrusive, easy and almost risk-free operation for a stock device.

I haven't received the OTA. But that might be because I cannot find my GS3. Seriously. I have so many devices now that I'm losing them. DOH!!!

Found it. Now for some hot Jelly Bean action. My GS3 needs to match my Note 2.

Once you find it, drop it in a box and I will email you a prepaid UPS label. I will even be nice and send you back an EVO sometimes-LTE.

Updated the wife's yesterday, super simple. Now watch me get blamed if something doesn't work. I dug around a bit and really don't see what all the big fuss is about. Didn't really notice a speed difference just a few cosmetic changes.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge