Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

I think if people start to simply map their commutes in OC it will start to flesh out the coverage. It's just one stripe on beach blvd going to below the 91 fwy. That is definitely Orange County.

If it was LA, why would it not show up until recently? It seems like LA coverage hasn't expanded at all for a while... Then this pops up...

LA's coverage is still expanding, it's just not as noticeable. That stripe is right on the LA Market boarder. There are still many many many sites to go in the LA market. Some parts of the LA market still don't have LTE, mainly along the edges.

Well, regardless of where the actual OC boundary is, the Sprint LA Market comes up right against the 39 or Beach Blvd, whatever you call it, so a tower on that line could be broadcasting LTE into the OC market.

Now that you point out that the Sprint market boundary actually goes right up against Beach Blvd, I'm really convinced this is bleed-over from the LA market. Can you maybe post in the completed sites comments in the sponsor section which site you think it might be coming from?

Now that you point out that the Sprint market boundary actually goes right up against Beach Blvd, I'm really convinced this is bleed-over from the LA market. Can you maybe post in the completed sites comments in the sponsor section which site you think it might be coming from?

Sure, give me a moment to put something together, and figure out the right forum. Ha.

Well, regardless of where the actual OC boundary is, the Sprint LA Market comes up right against the 39 or Beach Blvd, whatever you call it, so a tower on that line could be broadcasting LTE into the OC market.

I'll head east on Artesia to Beach north to Alondra then west tomorrow. If 4g is still lit up, there should be dark purple on Sensorly at Alondra and Knott in the afternoon. :tu:

yea...........totally bummed. LA is just bleeding all over north western OC =/

this is a lame question but how do you add pics...lol

Best way is to upload to an image hosting website such as flickr, photoshop, dropbox and then link back here.

Or, there is a way to upload to the site, but there's only so much room.

ahhh. No worries. I'll just explain my findings. I was directly under it. My RSRP was as low as -69dBm. Max down load speed was 19.76Mbps. I have 2 decent shots of the base and the top of the tower. I did a normal pic with my evo and it was all black. Switched to HDR and bam! clear shots with only the flash.

Edited by HTCandroid

A new LTE site was accepted today in that area, just inside the LA Metro boundary. Its on the Sponsor maps now.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

ahhh. No worries. I'll just explain my findings. I was directly under it. My RSRP was as low as -69dBm. Max down load speed was 19.76Mbps. I have 2 decent shots of the base and the top of the tower. I did a normal pic with my evo and it was all black. Switched to HDR and bam! clear shots with only the flash.

So where exactly is that tower?