Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

You can become a sponsor by donating, and you will have access to some cool stuff, like tower location, accepted towers etc.

Yea, I'm always literally right by the stadium and nothing, although 3G gets over 1.5mps.

Gah can't believe it's baseball season already. In other news, I dunno about everyone else but when I use sensorly online I don't see a lot of the area I feel should already be mapped out. I zoomed all the way in on the map and all the mapped areas appeared. So if you wanna see where 4g is truly, just zoom way in.

Yeah, I was looking at sensorly.com and it takes up to a day to update in all zoom levels. I think the website is still updating cause I started mapping since Friday and didnt see any updates until this morning.

Gah can't believe it's baseball season already. In other news, I dunno about everyone else but when I use sensorly online I don't see a lot of the area I feel should already be mapped out. I zoomed all the way in on the map and all the mapped areas appeared. So if you wanna see where 4g is truly, just zoom way in.

Quick update : all of the backlog of data is processed and drawn at least at some zoom levels. Except for 25% of the CDMA data which is 4.5 days late at most.

Yup, there was a backlog of mapping according to "Sensorly" User

I could give an exact number of those sites for OC, however I'd need Robert's permission to post that here since that info is only available in the Subscriber section.

It's OK to post the number of sites upgraded, or recently accepted. You've got my permission. I don't see that as revealing Sponsor info. If anything it builds interest to see which ones and may get someone to Sponsor (which we desperately need). I appreciate you being cautious and looking for my approval. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

i think its here to stay, (405 & 55) pretty much what sprint promised, 1st quarter of 2013 for oc (sprint promise, now that's funny),

it was nice to do a little mapping up in RSM last night and having google maps come up in a flash when you really need it (lost in trabuco land), wow what a difference,

it does seem that the 3g speeds almost die when you are next to 4g (see pic).

sensorly is about a 2 day backlog..its pretty cool seeing your time driving around in circles--come up

post-10999-0-05183200-1364400096_thumb.png

it does seem that the 3g speeds almost die when you are next to 4g (see pic).

That is what I noticed this morning too. I was right infront of the tower connected to 4G and had 2 bars of signal.

We'll be adding capacity to our servers in April to bring the update time down.

Ok- so you guys are "catching" all the mapping updates, there is just a delay in getting it up so it displays on the maps?

It's OK to post the number of sites upgraded, or recently accepted. You've got my permission. I don't see that as revealing Sponsor info. If anything it builds interest to see which ones and may get someone to Sponsor (which we desperately need). I appreciate you being cautious and looking for my approval. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

For anybody that likes having a trove of information for their perusal and having a better idea of the nature of mobile phone providers in general and Sprint in particular subscribing is a "no brainer".

Anyhow, Orange County is slated to have every single tower upgraded to NV+LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

For anybody that likes having a trove of information for their perusal and having a better idea of the nature of mobile phone providers in general and Sprint in particular subscribing is a "no brainer".

Anyhow, Orange County is slated to have every single tower upgraded to NV+LTE.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

We need the extra capacity haha

They haven't turned the towers off in Anaheim either

For a while I would drive by the Anaheim Lakeview/Kaiser site and my phone would only show 3G so I assumed that they had turned off LTE. But I think what was happening was my phone was taking a long time to switch over to 4G. On the latest drive over there I had to wait almost 7 minutes before my LG Optimus would switch from 3G to 4G even though I was in the parking lot of Kaiser right next to the site.

I also hit 4G today at the Euclid/22 cell site.

But I think what was happening was my phone was taking a long time to switch over to 4G. On the latest drive over there I had to wait almost 7 minutes before my LG Optimus would switch from 3G to 4G even though I was in the parking lot of Kaiser right next to the site.

I was not getting the coverage (sensorly map) with the "auto network switching" on my Note 2, so i switched to LTE as the preferred network mode--reboot and that worked wonders.

also as stated before--either

1) reboot

2)refresh PRL

3) toggle airplane mode (funny, airplanes don't allow airplane mode anymore--ref Jet Blue)

will get you instant 4g satisfaction

live in irvine

post-10999-0-59763800-1364478634_thumb.png

ha thats funny. you were taking up all the bandwidth with all your tests lol

I'm very conscious and think about my ther sprint peers. thats why I only made one speed test.

Just turn on sensorly mapping every day during your commutes! :)

I’m new to this, so excuse the question, but are you saying if I start mapping with Sensorly everyday to and from work I should see LTE possibly be activated sooner in my area? Near the Main Place Mall in Santa Ana, next to the Discovery Science Center or known as the Cube.