Network Vision/LTE - Orange County Market (Anaheim/Santa Ana/Irvine/Huntington Beach)

mbaseball3

Looks like LTE towers are still on, the one in Brea is working, and the ones in Garden Groove too. Did so mapping again but dont see any updates on Sensorly. :(

LTE in Garden Grove is sooo slow. I had to turn off the LTE because the 3G was faster. :unsure:

LTE in Garden Grove is sooo slow. I had to turn off the LTE because the 3G was faster. :unsure:

Really? I did a speed test yesterday and results were 11 down, 4 up. Not slow for me.

Also, there is only 2 sites broadcasting LTE, and LTE signal is more sensible than 3G so that might be the reason.

say what?!?! i consistently pull 11-17mbps down. highest so far is 17.8mbps down 5.58 up latency of 36. Thats from the tower at euclid and 22. in fact, this morning in my drive way i ran a test just cause 4g is much loved, i pulled 17.09 down 5.52 up. sorry I lied, heres test on the on ramp:

post-1666-0-33369400-1364319066_thumb.png

say what?!?! i consistently pull 11-17mbps down. highest so far is 17.8mbps down 5.58 up latency of 36. Thats from the tower at euclid and 22. in fact, this morning in my drive way i ran a test just cause 4g is much loved, i pulled 17.09 down 5.52 up. sorry I lied, heres test on the on ramp:

Lucky..haha I get about 2 bars of LTE. Highest I got was 5.65 or something for down. Just wondering, where do you live? Looks like your signal is way stronger than mine ahah.

Lucky..haha I get about 2 bars of LTE. Highest I got was 5.65 or something for down. Just wondering, where do you live? Looks like your signal is way stronger than mine ahah.

literally right around the corner from this tower off woodbury :tu:

Just registered on this board to let you guys know that I just picked up LTE inside my house with my Note 2! Approximate location of the nearest cell tower is 17th Street and Prospect Ave in North Tustin/Santa Ana area. I was picking up about two-three bars and got a good 5-8 Mbps on three seperate Speedtests and the signal comes in and out, but is good.

You guys do realize that the signal strength the top of your phone doesn't indicate signal strength of 3G/4G. That's just voice coverage.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just registered on this board to let you guys know that I just picked up LTE inside my house with my Note 2! Approximate location of the nearest cell tower is 17th Street and Prospect Ave in North Tustin/Santa Ana area. I was picking up about two-three bars and got a good 5-8 Mbps on three seperate Speedtests and the signal comes in and out, but is good.

Map it with your note! If you don't know how go to sensorly.com

Lol looks like I'm gonna have to drive by there and test it out when I have time! Btw just wondering.. how do you know where towers are o.o

You can become a sponsor by donating, and you will have access to some cool stuff, like tower location, accepted towers etc.

Heres how to determine your actual 4G LTE signal strength.

http://s4gru.com/ind...ignal-strength/

and the app we all use to map 4g for android phones. apple products are sol

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sensorly.viewer&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5zZW5zb3JseS52aWV3ZXIiXQ..

Map it with your note! If you don't know how go to sensorly.com

Will do! Just an update, I went out of my house and down the street to the actual intersection of 17th Street and Prospect in Tustin and consistently got 20Mbps-30Mbps! Now that's fast!

I'll be at Angel Stadium this Thursday. I want to map out more of the area around the 5 freeway and Ball Road. There are a couple of purple blips on the Sensorly map that I want to verify. I heard 4g is not available in that area even though the Sensorly map shows otherwise.

I'll be at Angel Stadium this Thursday. I want to map out more of the area around the 5 freeway and Ball Road. There are a couple of purple blips on the Sensorly map that I want to verify. I heard 4g is not available in that area even though the Sensorly map shows otherwise.

i believe there is a tower over there signed off with lte. i was just in that area doing a drop off at amtrak and the 3g wasnt all to bad. didnt do a test. totally forgot.

I have a question does anybody know if there's going to be 4g signal at angel stadium because the signal there is not that good

I commute every day for work and I havent been able to connect to 4G by the Angels Stadium.

Gah can't believe it's baseball season already. In other news, I dunno about everyone else but when I use sensorly online I don't see a lot of the area I feel should already be mapped out. I zoomed all the way in on the map and all the mapped areas appeared. So if you wanna see where 4g is truly, just zoom way in.

With the exception of a very small number of cell sites, all sites including ones labeled 3G will eventually be upgraded with LTE

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I could give an exact number of those sites for OC, however I'd need Robert's permission to post that here since that info is only available in the Subscriber section.