Network Vision/LTE - Providence Market

nooblube

So if we're going GMO then that shows we're not going to get the benefit of 800 in building coverage unless they come back and update the GMO option to tower mounted panels?

The Providence metro area is full build. It's just the rural towns around RI that are GMO. And GMO's are only temporary. They will be converted to full build at the end of Network Vision.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

I want to know where the sprint towers are around where I go so I can look at the tower and see if its been updated then break in and turn it on!

Be a sponsor and u can find out the locations of the sprint towers.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

How to donate to get access to the password protected sections?

Go to the homepage and look for the donate link usually on the right hand (upper) side of page.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk.

No, you do not pay for "4G data."  No one on Sprint does.

Additionally, S4GRU is not a complaint board.  We do not host rants.  Read the rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

hey bro do u live in RI? RU a cop?

Edited by nooblube

hey bro do u live in RI? RU a cop?

Yes he is. And so am I. Follow the rules, or go somewhere else, bro.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

So my service has sucked the last few days as well as slow to no 3G. I called sprint and the customer service rep couldn't figure out why and escalated it to the engineers. I got a call almost an hour after and they told me the towers I use the most are in the process of being worked on for the network vision. I drove to the tower in west Warwick by the high school and sure enough there working away on it. They have been there for over a week now. I was told that the towers are done in clusters so three in my area are being done now. I asked if lte was going to be turned on after and she couldn't answer that because it depends on approval and other factors

• 3 weeks later...

LTE is also live in Providence...I drove past the site at Hope & Olney this morning on my way into work and had five bars (or balls with iOS 7) on my iPhone 5s

It looks like it's starting. A site in Warwick and Johnston is also reported on the maps.

Probably months away before anything significant but it's a start.

Im also seeing more LTE coverage in Woonsocket. seems to be on diamond hill Rd, right now i have LTE at the high school. before i was only seeing it at a spotty part on Park Ave. Hopefully we can see a full deployment sooner rather than later 

this is what im seeing in Woonsocket currently. ill have to explore more tomorrow and see where else has it, seems like parts of barrington are getting it that weren't there a week ago. also seeing blips in lincoln and providence. this is really getting exciting 

post-10685-0-11778600-1381556732_thumb.png

this is what im seeing in Woonsocket currently. ill have to explore more tomorrow and see where else has it, seems like parts of barrington are getting it that weren't there a week ago. also seeing blips in lincoln and providence. this is really getting exciting 

Make a donation here and you'll get access to the tower maps telling you exactly what ones are accepted so you know what direction to head in to map. Saves you driving around and as a bonus helps keep this place running.

fyi robert is in the process of moving so you might not get activated immediately...

i had to do some errands today, I ran a mapped trip on sensory, im heading to cental RI tonight so hopefully i can get more data, in south bellingham ma i got 3G, as soon as i crossed over into RI into woonsocket i had 4G from social st to the cumberland line by RT99. then back up through mendon rd. 

Edited by jepine3