Network Vision/LTE - Providence Market

nooblube

I'm just as excited to see dependable, consistent, 3G speeds showing up. Increased signal strength will help in a few areas and 800Mhz will be the icing on the cake.

Other than when I tether on a rare occasion, I don't know how much LTE is going to benefit me. But of course I still want it since both my phones are capable of it.

Got 1.80 down, .98 up yesterday on RT138 between URI and RT 95

Any other RI peeps noticing better 3G?

yea somedays 3g is good and some days its not.. a few months ago i was getting the worst 3g ever and it lasted about 3 weeks.. i was going crazy but it seems to be getting better. i live in warwick RI and warwick is one of the places they are putting LTE i think it said providence..warwick.. newport.. cranston.. mite be missing one or two more.. i used to get 4g wimax in my house.. so i went from getting good 4g to no 4g and not so good 3g!! i cant wait till i see some good speeds :)

warwick is one of the places they are putting LTE i think it said providence..warwick.. newport.. cranston.. mite be missing one or two more..

Actually, every tower in every city and town will get it.

Our puny little State only has 144 towers so I'm hoping it doesn't take to long. If it got done mid 2013, I'd be ecstatic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

gesshh!! that is pretty good i was getting 1.00 MB/S the other day and i was souped! :) i got LTE the other day in pawtucket was on the highway only lasted like 1-2 mins but i was so happy to see it light up on my status bar.. if u go on sprints website and find the coverage section and check RI u can see on the map that central falls/pawtucket area LTE is lighting up.. wish they would start down my end.. lol

gesshh!! that is pretty good i was getting 1.00 MB/S the other day and i was souped! :) i got LTE the other day in pawtucket was on the highway only lasted like 1-2 mins but i was so happy to see it light up on my status bar.. if u go on sprints website and find the coverage section and check RI u can see on the map that central falls/pawtucket area LTE is lighting up.. wish they would start down my end.. lol

You must have been hitting towers in MA as others in Lincoln have reported sightings also.

I'm in South County, I wish they'd start even further down. :)

• 2 weeks later...

whats really going on in RI? are they still doin work? they started 4 months ago and still nada.. i got good 3g for about 2 weeks out of the 4 months :(

We got a number of site updates over the last week in RI. Work is certainly on going. It'll likely be up to a few months before we start to see LTE go live. If you become a sponsor, you can see the NV Sites Completed map, which shows a number of RI sites that have received NV 3G upgrades.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We got a number of site updates over the last week in RI. Work is certainly on going. It'll likely be up to a few months before we start to see LTE go live. If you become a sponsor, you can see the NV Sites Completed map, which shows a number of RI sites that have received NV 3G upgrades.

Yea I dont have extra money rite now or I would donate..

• 1 month later...
Ok so if I become a sponsor I can see diff maps?? How long does it take to become a sponsor after u donate?

As soon as robert sees the donation he will upgrade your account. Timing depends on how busy he is but he is very quick abouy this.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ok so if I become a sponsor I can see diff maps?? How long does it take to become a sponsor after u donate?

Did you send a donation? I have upgraded everything I have received this morning.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Did you send a donation? I have upgraded everything I have received this morning.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

No.. Sorry.. I dont have 20$.. If i did I would for sure.. Im out of work and have child support.. rent.. ect..

I'm on an iPhone 5 and data has been completely spotty in the Pawtucket-Providence area. Data has been unbelievably slow and frequently cycling to 'o' from 3G and back, and in some parts of Pawtucket, catching an LTE signal for a little bit. Anyone else getting this too in other areas?

I live in the attleboro area and have seen many iphone 5's have 3g issues where it just shows that 0. Lte does not seem to be affected. Any lte in pawtucket is bleed over from some mass sights on the border.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to share a little story with my fellow RI peeps.

I had reported a service issue on Block Island (where I spend a lot of time in the summer working) and I received a call from someone who identified himself as being from Sprint Ericsson who was on the Island. I was impressed that I had only reported the issue on May 17th and that they had "Boots on the Ground" on the Island in only 3 business days.

We spoke for a bit about the service issue out there but of course I could not help but to try to pry some LTE information out of him.

What I learned is that by and large the majority of RI will be GMO sites (which we sort of knew anyway) and it's been progressing well but that the big delay right now is the back haul. From what I gathered, they are not going to light up LTE sites until most of the back haul has been completed. I guess it makes sense to not have one sight go live in Narragansett then another in Johnston with one in Warwick a few days later. I couldn't get a timeline as it's mostly dependent on the back haul providers right now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well sorry guys but it makes me feel a lil better knowing im not the only one with horrible data.. Im in warwick/west warwick area and my 3g is horrible.. Im pretty upset over this because i pay for 4g data and there is none.. I really woulnt even care much if my 3g was good but my 3g is so bad it not even funny.. my last 2 phone have been LTE phones but still no LTE.. I think sprint should let users that have no LTE and bad 3g out of the contact without paying the ETF 350$ which is very high.. I used to love sprint but the past years or so has been bad.. Its not rite.. I would just got to at&t or tmobile and have great 4g.. I sat next to a friend that has at&t and we both downloaded the sam app from play store and on his phone the app took 20 secs to download and on mine sprint 3g took about 12 mins..lol.. i though maybe getting a new phone would help just a lil and nope! just got the galaxy s4 and still no good.. somethings gotta give

Well sorry guys but it makes me feel a lil better knowing im not the only one with horrible data.. Im in warwick/west warwick area and my 3g is horrible.. Im pretty upset over this because i pay for 4g data and there is none..

No, you do not pay for "4G data."  No one on Sprint does.

Additionally, S4GRU is not a complaint board.  We do not host rants.  Read the rules:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

AJ

Well sorry guys but it makes me feel a lil better knowing im not the only one with horrible data.. Im in warwick/west warwick area and my 3g is horrible.. Im pretty upset over this because i pay for 4g data and there is none..  just got the galaxy s4 and still no good.. somethings gotta give

Well in the spirit of not turning this into a rant I'll say this:

We pay a premium data fee because of the device, not the network.

I moved from the South County area to Cranston this week and it's a night and day difference (for the worse) as far as data speeds go. However I do think the pattern is to upgrade outside the bigger city areas first here as is evident by what's been done.

If you were eligible for the S4 (on upgrade) why not return it and bounce to T-Mobile for a while. I have several friends who left Sprint with the intention of returning once NV is completed.

• 3 weeks later...

I moved to Woonsocket in january from north providence, when I moved i looked online to see LTE coverage. nothing close at the time, i work in Wrentham and i get LTE there, but anything west of there was only 3g, looks like franklin / bellingham went live recently. I had LTE there and had seen it off and on for a few months. just looked at the coverage map and LTE seems to be deployed right to the RI mass boarder now. hopefully we can see something soon.

• 1 month later...