Network Vision/LTE - Providence Market

nooblube

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know any app to map cell data on iPhone, similar to sensory on android?

Ive looked and looked. There isn't one in existence at the moment... Kinda sucks. All these iPhones out here could help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Service has been much more reliable in the PVD area. Switching from 3G faster to LTE. In Woonsocket lte seems to be more widespread and reliable. Although there are times all over the state I will hit gaps in lte. Especially along rte 295. Always cutting in and out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody have any experiences in greater Pvd they care to share?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

so after a month of having "launched" LTE in the PVD market I'm not as impressed as i would have hoped. there are a lot of gaps left to fill that i hope will be filled in with time. although LTE is more widespread now and seems to be much more reliable than prior to launch, much of the state still doesn't have LTE and the spectrum they are using doesn't seem to do well in buildings. I'm happy LTE is finally here but i was hoping for more of the state to be covered. if you look at the sprint official coverage maps LTE looks to be available in most places but the maps seem to be projecting better coverage than what seems to be possible. now that providence has launched I'm fearful that the rest of the state will either take for ever to be filled in or will never be covered with LTE. only time will tell. 

Here where i live in Woonsocket LTE is pretty well covered, although head south into cumberland and by Rte99 and LTE vanishes till you get into north providence. 295 seems to be a game of hop scotch LTE coverage jumping between LTE and 3G every few miles. 

I do have to admit when i became a sprint customer in 2011 Sprint 3G service was awful. Streaming pandora or spotify was horrendous, today seems to be a much different story. sprint may not have the quickest 3g speeds but at least it is now usable for the most part when LTE isn't available. 

I do have to admit when i became a sprint customer in 2011 Sprint 3G service was awful. Streaming pandora or spotify was horrendous, today seems to be a much different story. sprint may not have the quickest 3g speeds but at least it is now usable for the most part when LTE isn't available.

And it will continue to get better and better as more is deployed in the Providence market. Not done yet. And when they start Band 26 deployment, then in building coverage will improve drastically for dualband and triband device owners.

Band 41 deployment is already going on around Providence and on these sites, speeds will go way up and support a lot more traffic. B41 requires a Triband device though.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

And it will continue to get better and better as more is deployed in the Providence market. Not done yet. And when they start Band 26 deployment, then in building coverage will improve drastically for dualband and triband device owners.

Band 41 deployment is already going on around Providence and on these sites, speeds will go way up and support a lot more traffic. B41 requires a Triband device though.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That is great news! I figured they wouldn't just say "ok we're done here" but I'm hoping to have verizon like coverage with time.

That is great news! I figured they wouldn't just say "ok we're done here" but I'm hoping to have verizon like coverage with time.

Almost every site has NV equipment installed on them, which means they are ready for LTE. All they're waiting on now is for the contract ISP in the are to pull in the appropriate backhaul (fiber, microwave, etc.). Depending on the company, that could take awhile, unfortunately. 

With 800 LTE online, Sprint's coverage will become more "verizon-like," expanding their coverage area a little bit, and adding better in-building coverage. With your iPhone 5c, you'll be able to use 800 LTE when it goes online. Your Note won't be able to.

Almost every site has NV equipment installed on them, which means they are ready for LTE. All they're waiting on now is for the contract ISP in the are to pull in the appropriate backhaul (fiber, microwave, etc.). Depending on the company, that could take awhile, unfortunately.

With 800 LTE online, Sprint's coverage will become more "verizon-like," expanding their coverage area a little bit, and adding better in-building coverage. With your iPhone 5c, you'll be able to use 800 LTE when it goes online. Your Note won't be able to.

This is all great news. Hoping sooner rather than later! Loving LTE so far though.

This is all great news. Hoping sooner rather than later! Loving LTE so far though.

Consider making a donation to keep this site alive, and you will be able to see exactly which towers have had work completed on, and to what level, such as LTE. You will get a much better picture of your area, and you will see it continue to grow over the coming weeks/months until it is completed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's been quiet here.

I just picked up an LG G2 for me and I've got an Optimus G I'll give my wife.

I can hop on a 7 member Framily plan so I'd like some input from my Providence Peeps before I switch over.

Any input?

I went ahead and switched back to Sprint.

For my fellow RI peeps, Spark is up in running in most of Warwick, Providence and Cranston.

The corporate store personnel informed me that they have yet to make the announcement.

**EDIT** After some testing I can find no evidence that Spark is running here. Nothing has shown up as Band 41. The corporate store rep told me that the circle of arrows on my G2 had meant Spark and compared it to my Optimus G which isn't Spark enabled and just shows 4G. I'm not complaining about the great (10-20Mps) download speeds I'm getting but as usual the Sprint Corporate Store personnel are clueless.

<a href=http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/957529333</a>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

North smithfield ri police department tower and band 41!

ge4utyty.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Band 41 in North Smithfield?

So much for concentrating in the Metro areas!

Sent from my LG-LS980

Band 41 in North Smithfield?

So much for concentrating in the Metro areas!

Sent from my LG-LS980

That's a new initiative...to focus on metro areas. That won't begin for a few more quarters. They'll go ahead and complete B41 work already permitted or under way.

But even still, the number one priority under Marcelo's new plan will be overburdened sites. Sites where LTE is overburdened will be the highest priority. These can be anywhere, including rural. Some of the busiest sites can be rural or exurban because they may have really large cells. But more often than not, they will be urban/suburban.

Second priority is to focus on specific cities. These will get wall to wall deployments. Including infill B41 sites, as needed.

Third priority is everything else. B41 will be added to every LTE site nationwide that can get the backhaul to support the high speed bandwidth required.

• Like 2