Sprint Airave

owensri2

Im sure sprint could do a screening process' date=' ie, no 800mhz one for apartment dwellers, yes if youre on a 1/2 acre lot etc.[/quote']

I wouldn't trust the telephone customer service reps to be sending out the right ones, not to mention trusting the customer to answer the questions honestly...

It all boils down to "what is the point?" As was said, 1900 is capable of much more range than what they are currently programmed to deliver. Also sprint has 3 to 10 times the amount of spectrum in any given market in 1900 than 800. Adding 800 mhz would also add to the cost of the airave.

What would sprint gain? The 1% of customers who actually know what 800 mhz is can have a little peace of mind?

I have the non 2.5 airvana and never called them to turn it up either. It covers my entire house with no issues. Typical 2200+ Sq ft house on a neighborhood lot. It even works in my neighbors house too.

Sent from a little old Note 2

My parents house is also well covered with coverage extending outside (probably causing interference as a signal is possible outside)

I wouldn't trust the telephone customer service reps to be sending out the right ones, not to mention trusting the customer to answer the questions honestly...

It all boils down to "what is the point?" As was said, 1900 is capable of much more range than what they are currently programmed to deliver. Also sprint has 3 to 10 times the amount of spectrum in any given market in 1900 than 800. Adding 800 mhz would also add to the cost of the airave.

What would sprint gain? The 1% of customers who actually know what 800 mhz is can have a little peace of mind?

I don't think we will see them adding 800mhz at all, just not enough carrier channels there. The airave is typically on a different channel than the local towers (typically...). If they were going to add full blown 800 they would have done it when they added the transmit only 800 for the beacons on the Airvana 2.5.

You can edit this yourself on your account page online, but I hear it doesn't do anything anyway, more of a placebo.

Yeah the sprint airave setting page doesn't do anything. It doesn't even block out unauthorized numbers anymore on mine. I hear others say that it doesn't for them either. A airave rep told me as well that it is something they are aware of. :(

"You can't trust freedom when its not in your hands. when everyone is fighting for the promised land."

So shortly after getting airave. My apps wouldnt update on my s3 while connecting to wifi. It turns out the airave being in front of the router caused some issues. After i put airave behind router everything works fine now.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Screw this airave! Half the time my messages say "cannot send, try again". I'm thinking of demanding the new 2.5 model and if that model doesn't work I shall consider trying out Wilson equipment as I hear its much better. :-)

"You can't trust freedom when its not in your hands. when everyone is fighting for the promised land."

I wouldn't recommend it. May lead to chaffing and abrasions.

Does it have an external "antenna" port?

AJ

• Like 1

Does it have an external "antenna" port?

AJ

No, but if you get it naked and you plug into the port. ;)

All jokes aside the 2.0 one has an antenna port inside. Haven't hooked up to it though

All jokes aside the 2.0 one has an antenna port inside. Haven't hooked up to it though

Haven't hooked up to it, or haven't hooked up with it?

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I can't cover my home with the airave and it is tiny (under 1300sqft).

I suppose that's what happens when you have one long concrete wall inside, plaster walls (from the early 1900's), brick and concrete brick (along with brand new RF blocking windows).

I almost want to take a video of me being connected to 4G LTE with ~-105db signal, shutting the window and going to no signal. It's sad.

I can't cover my home with the airave and it is tiny (under 1300sqft).

I suppose that's what happens when you have one long concrete wall inside, plaster walls (from the early 1900's), brick and concrete brick (along with brand new RF blocking windows).

I almost want to take a video of me being connected to 4G LTE with ~-105db signal, shutting the window and going to no signal. It's sad.

Same type windows here but at least the signal still gets through a brick outside walls. Sure love them on the energy bill though!

Same type windows here but at least the signal still gets through a brick outside walls. Sure love them on the energy bill though!

The sad part is, I keep my windows open in the winter time. Steam heat, no thermostat.

Look at this bad boy - oil guzzling, asbestos filled, and ready to serve!

8231042992_2853b888e8_c.jpg

The sad part is, I keep my windows open in the winter time. Steam heat, no thermostat.

Look at this bad boy - oil guzzling, asbestos filled, and ready to serve!

8231042992_2853b888e8_c.jpg

Nice .. NG here. We use the fire place quite a bit too since storms keep firewood readily available.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend has one of these - he's currently living in his sisters house on the basement which is sort of down in a depression and without it ANY carrier can't get down there. I was sitting in his room while he was working on his computer getting 5 bars of reception. Pretty slick.

• 4 months later...

Hello, My Galazy sIII will not automatically reconnect to my Airave when I come home. What's up with that? What do I need to do to make it connect? I dial *99 and i get an error message. All the lights are green on the box?.... why won't it pick up the signal most of the time? Any way to force it to connect? Some mystery code?

Hello, My Galazy sIII will not automatically reconnect to my Airave when I come home. What's up with that? What do I need to do to make it connect? I dial *99 and i get an error message. All the lights are green on the box?.... why won't it pick up the signal most of the time? Any way to force it to connect? Some mystery code?

Dial ##debug# then dial 777468 for the code. Go to your 1x screens and look for the SID. Tell us what it says.

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 1