Network Vision/LTE - Hawaii Market (including Honolulu, Oahu and all Hawaiian Islands)

markjcc

Got eHRPD 13

Last night Honolulu.

Speed is about 1280-1600 down and 200-240 up.

Versus evdo which was 80-150 at thw most.

Can confirm that I am seeing ehrpd also in Aiea. Speeds are still slow here though (125kbps).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Can confirm that I am seeing ehrpd also in Aiea. Speeds are still slow here though (125kbps).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Had good speed till an hour ago. Its flipping between 1rxtt and ehrpd at Waipio.

Maybe congested or they are adjusting the network?

This used to happen when it was evdo, after a few days of flipping it went to ehrpd.

ehrpd is not an indication of LTE. In some markets, ehrpd was turned on months in advance before NV upgrades even began. All ehrpd is, is that of a software update to allow easy transitions between LTE and EVDO 3g. Absolutely nothing has changed until you get very high 3g speeds of 1.5-2.0+ DL / 1.0 UL all day, every day or LTE popping up. Old T1 backhaul to legacy towers slow down when there's a heavy load on the tower while Fiber / MW / AAV does not.

More you know!

ehrpd is not an indication of LTE. In some markets, ehrpd was turned on months in advance before NV upgrades even began. All ehrpd is, is that of a software update to allow easy transitions between LTE and EVDO 3g. Absolutely nothing has changed until you get very high 3g speeds of 1.5-2.0+ DL / 1.0 UL all day, every day or LTE popping up. Old T1 backhaul to legacy towers slow down when there's a heavy load on the tower while Fiber / MW / AAV does not.

More you know!

Thanks for the information

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

• 2 weeks later...

As of yesterday ehprd was not

Live. EVDO rev. A was live. I tried toggling airplane mode, rebooting

Phone. Nothing brought back ehrpd.

I hope this doesn't mean we are taking a step backwards for NV?

As of yesterday ehprd was not

Live. EVDO rev. A was live. I tried toggling airplane mode, rebooting

Phone. Nothing brought back ehrpd.

I hope this doesn't mean we are taking a step backwards for NV?

No. It is not a sign at all. This happens in all markets from time to time. It may be a sign they are doing work on the Hawaiian LTE core.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

No. It is not a sign at all. This happens in all markets from time to time. It may be a sign they are doing work on the Hawaiian LTE core.

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Wheew... I guess that is good news yay!

Thanks Robert for the information!

Robert all day yesterday it was only 1x-RTT.Super slow connection all day at work on my co workers phone in Waikiki. Or pretty muchSmack dab in Honolulu. Tried toggling airplane mode, Data on/off, rebooted phone This is the same place I have seen Ehrpd and EVDO rev a on the Evo 4g lte days earlier. Any thoughts

Btw On the way home my

Og Evo on 3g had some speeds

Of 2mb down and 8kb up.

About 10 miles from work

Strange?

Look at sponsor maps and locate the nearest cell site locations to where you were and go check if anything is going on. Best way to find out as you're the one in the neighborhood.

• 2 weeks later...
the sign of ehprd

is the sign on LTE coming

sadly they deploy first in Honolulu then Maui the big island and so on

Heres the Article on Sprint Network Vision in Hawaii

http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2120

Markjcc,

I read this article long time ago in the star advertiser.

I don't see any lte or ehrpd

Information in that article.

However, on the Sprint community

Forum, there is a member who

Claims to have had the 4g lte

Icon light up momentarily on

His sprint lte phone. He was on Oahu.

Markjcc,

I read this article long time ago in the star advertiser.

I don't see any lte or ehrpd

Information in that article.

However, on the Sprint community

Forum, there is a member who

Claims to have had the 4g lte

Icon light up momentarily on

His sprint lte phone. He was on Oahu.

I don't believe this poster you read for a second. Hawaii is an Alcatel Lucent market. AlcaLu is notorious for doing 3G for the first 3-4 months in a market before the first LTE site goes live. And there have been no 3G waited accepted to date in Hawaii. I wouldn't expect anything to start in Hawaii for a few more months.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I don't believe this poster you read for a second. Hawaii is an Alcatel Lucent market. AlcaLu is notorious for doing 3G for the first 3-4 months in a market before the first LTE site goes live. And there have been no 3G waited accepted to date in Hawaii. I wouldn't expect anything to start in Hawaii for a few more months.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Robert,

When you say working on 3G first?

Do you mean upgrading the

Backhaul to fiber from T1?

And what do you mean by 3G acceptance?

Why I state this?

If you check

on the network updates per

Sprint's network site. There

Has been almost 70 upgrades in the

Last 6 months according to Sprint.

Majority of the upgrades were of the the data speeds and capacity nature.

I know that NV and the (data speed/capacity) updates per Sprint's

Site are not the same entirely.

What will the Nv upgrades

Show up like on Sprint's

Network updates site?

Also,

So after this 3G acceptance

Is so to say granted?

What will be the next step?

Thanks.

Robert' date='

Why I state this?

If you check

Show up like on Sprint's

Network updates site?

Also,

Is so to say granted?

Thanks.

Sent from my Coconut Wireless[/quote']

On the NV Sites Complete maps they show 3G sites completed. This is what I was referring to. On our maps, if a site is shown as 3G complete, it means that all the new 3G Network Vision hardware has been installed and accepted as complete. AlcuLu markets tend to only have the 3G side of their NV sites be completed in the beginning, with LTE not coming live on those sites until 2-5 months later. It's just the way AlcaLu has done it in most of their markets.

As for network.sprint.com, it shows legacy network maintenance upgrades and Network Vision upgrades. However, NV upgrades only show on sites after they have been completed and accepted. Since NV has not started in Hawaii, all the data speed upgrades you see are additional T1 lines to legacy sites. There is no way to discern NV upgrades from legacy upgrades. S4GRU NV Sites Complete maps are the place to find out which sites have been converted to NV.

To help you understand, a data speed upgrade means additional backhaul has been added. Data capacity means another 3G EVDO carrier has been added. And a voice capacity is an additional 1xRTT voice carrier has been added.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Robert,

Why I state this?

If you check

Show up like on Sprint's

Network updates site?

Also,

Is so to say granted?

Thanks.

Is this a poem?

And to add to Robert's post, I wouldn't be surprised if Hawaii doesn't start NV/LTE upgrades there for another year or so. It took Sprint forever to bring in Wimax and 3G EvDO to the islands. Hawaii is usually the last to get anything usually because of cost and the massive amount of red tape. Just look at the amount of protest there is when a mainland company wants to try build anything there (Best Buy, Target, etc). Oahu seems to be more progressive than Maui, BI, etc. so I can definitely see them getting the upgrades first before any other island. I'm not trying to sound harsh, it's just reality.

Sent from my Rooted Sony Tablet S using Forum Runner

And to add to Robert's post, I wouldn't be surprised if Hawaii doesn't start NV/LTE upgrades there for another year or so. It took Sprint forever to bring in Wimax and 3G EvDO to the islands. Hawaii is usually the last to get anything usually because of cost and the massive amount of red tape. Just look at the amount of protest there is when a mainland company wants to try build anything there (Best Buy, Target, etc). Oahu seems to be more progressive than Maui, BI, etc. so I can definitely see them getting the upgrades first before any other island. I'm not trying to sound harsh, it's just reality.

Sent from my Rooted Sony Tablet S using Forum Runner

Actually, from launch day

June 2010 my og Evo had wimax.

Honolulu was a first launch city

In terms of Wimax.

In terms of Wimax.

Right, Oahu (Honolulu market) is usually the first island to begin upgrades, etc, but Summer 2010 to finally bring in Wimax just to Honolulu after its been on the mainland years before it is way behind. Plus by then, Wimax was already starting to wind down. Like I said before, I won't be surprised if it takes a year or more to finally get things started.

Sent from my Rooted Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk HD

In terms of Wimax.

Is this red tape you speak of on Sprint's end?

Because Honolulu was an At&t

Early LTE market. We've had At&t

LTE since last August/Sept.

And for Verizon? LTE went live in Honolulu in July of 2011. About 6

Months after initial launch

Right, Oahu (Honolulu market) is usually the first island to begin upgrades, etc, but Summer 2010 to finally bring in Wimax just to Honolulu after its been on the mainland years before it is way behind. Plus by then, Wimax was already starting to wind down. Like I said before, I won't be surprised if it takes a year or more to finally get things started.

WiMax was on the mainland "years" before 2010? Am I missing something?

Also, in my opinion, anyone in a wimax area should be instabanned for complaining that they don't have LTE yet...

• Like 1

Virtualbot,

Are you speaking about wimax

With sprint or through Clear wireless?

Because, yes I agree if you were referring wimax through Sprint.

I do know though.... We had clear

Wireless 4g(wimax) for some time before the Evo4g came out for Sprint.

Also, in my opinion, anyone in a wimax area should be instabanned for complaining that they don't have LTE yet...

I meant the other islands got Wimax toward the end. Was thinking of one thing and typing out another.

Virtualbot, on 15 January 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Pryroscott,

We had wimax through Clear wireless in Hawaii for sometime before sprint launched it as their

4g platform.

Also,why do you speak of

Banning people just because

we/I are inquiring about LTE?

Where in this thread am I coming across to you as complaining?

I for one think people who quote other's post and make a comment

That is not even about or contribute to the thread at hand

Should be banned?

Agreed?