Sprint has revised the network.sprint.com site...hint of LTE?

Sprint has revised their https://network.sprint.com/ site, and it now it mentions 4G LTE. However, nowhere on the maps does it actually show live 4G LTE sites. But when I scan around and look at all the sites that are complete with LTE in Kansas, every one I noticed does say "Speed Upgrade."

This could mean two things...

1. LTE sites completed are also being labeled with "Data Speed Upgrade", or
  2. The data speed upgrade is referencing the fact that new upgraded backhaul is at the site

So even though this interesting, it does not specifically identify LTE sites. Because even 3G sites with additional T1 lines (in non Network Vision markets) still say "Data Speed Upgrade" also.

Another change, is that it no longer tells of scheduled future upgrades, only the ones completed. This is a major oversight, and I hope they fix it.

Robert

gallery_1_1_40889.jpg

• Like 10

Sprint has revised their https://network.sprint.com/ site, and it now it mentions 4G LTE. However, nowhere on the maps does it actually show live 4G LTE sites. But when I scan around and look at all the sites that are complete with LTE in Kansas, every one I noticed does say "Speed Upgrade."

2. The data speed upgrade is referencing the fact that new upgraded backhaul is at the site

So even though this interesting, it does not specifically identify LTE sites. Because even 3G sites with additional T1 lines (in non Network Vision markets) still say "Data Speed Upgrade" also.

Another change, is that it no longer tells of scheduled future upgrades, only the ones completed. This is a major oversight, and I hope they fix it.

Robert

gallery_1_1_40889.jpg

Great find,i like the new look but need to fix the things you mentioned.wonder if a new coverage map is coming.be nice to have this over coverage.

• Like 2

Great find,i like the new look but need to fix the things you mentioned.wonder if a new coverage map is coming.be nice to have this over coverage.

Their coverage maps are so small. Would love to see those grow to a higher resolution. Something that doesn't look like the size of an ad on my screen. :td:

Robert

• Like 7

Their coverage maps are so small. Would love to see those grow to a higher resolution. Something that doesn't look like the size of an ad on my screen. :td:

Robert

No kidding! Now, try viewing those on an iPhone screen!

It'd be sweet if they use the new format on this page for their coverage maps, too. Like I think Rickie is saying, It would be really nice to see them overlay the coverage right on here!

Based on how often I looked at the network upgrade site I recognise a lot of the upgrades in the nw suburbs of Chicago. Even though it says "last six months" in the key, they appear to be both last six months and next six months of upgrades, at least with the voice upgrades, although it doesn't differentiate between the two. Weird. These voice upgrades were in the old upgrade map also, but always seemed to coincide with smr CDMA being added to the tower when the tower had NV done to it.

As you said, I do see data speed upgrades with towers that had huge speed increases when NV rolled though...

Sent from my EVO LTE

Actually, in my area, the 'next/upcoming 6 months' seem to have disappeared. There's at least 1-2 towers that were showing near/around Cookeville, TN on that site yesterday which are no longer visible post-site revision.

Edit: Nevermind, Robert already mentioned that, I overlooked that by mistake.

• Like 2

Actually, in my area, the 'next/upcoming 6 months' seem to have disappeared. There's at least 1-2 towers that were showing near/around Cookeville, TN on that site yesterday which are no longer visible post-site revision.

Edit: Nevermind, Robert already mentioned that, I overlooked that by mistake.

Wow... I wonder why Chicago is so unique. I guess it could be my memory being "unique" though.

If you look in the Chicago area around the i290 and I 90 intersection i could swear all those towers two days ago were saying voice upgrade in the next six months.

Sent from my EVO LTE

No kidding! Now, try viewing those on an iPhone screen!

It'd be sweet if they use the new format on this page for their coverage maps, too. Like I think Rickie is saying, It would be really nice to see them overlay the coverage right on here!

Figured it would fit that screen perfectly as the size is pretty close ;)

This new site is pretty ugly looking. Only positive is the size. Those icons are horrible. The map layers are horrible as well. Maybe I'm partial to how maps apps should really look.

• Like 1

This new site is pretty ugly looking. Only positive is the size. Those icons are horrible. The map layers are horrible as well. Maybe I'm partial to how maps apps should really look.

Agree. Bizarre map, bizarre icons... could've done a lot better to just use regular Google maps!

I hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but coverage.sprint.com has also been updated for me. It's still utterly wrong, but it now shows that parts of Grapevine, TX do not have LTE.

same since the 12th. It could be you havent visited the site since though, or it was pulling up an old cached version of it. (I check daily from work to see if there have been changes lol)

Robert

gallery_1_1_40889.jpg

I like how you picked Mcpherson, KS :)

• Like 1

the old maps were a lot better if you live in an area with few recent upgrades. I used to have nearly 150 planned upgrades in my area and now I have just 12 completed ones! If they are trying to find more ways to discourage their customers than they can add a nother check to that list! Also, i love how they always leave Los Angeles off the drop down list.

I like how you picked Mcpherson' date=' KS :)[/quote']

Just for you, buddy. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I wish someone had a google maps public layer with all the towers labeled

You need to join S4GRU as a sponsor. There are exclusive maps here showing the precise locations of all Sprint towers, and other maps showing progress as upgrades are completed and accepted at Sprint. Those interactive maps do use the Google map engine.

• Like 2