prophead

Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I know I've seen people discussing this before but I couldn't find it. Has anyone had issues with 1x800 during network vision where it is broadcasting but you cannot place or receive calls? This is happening on multiple sites in my market and I cannot find a way to switch to 1900 only for the time being. I have a galaxy s4 so the *#*#4636#*#* code doesn't work. Does anyone know how I can force it to PCS? I know I might have to hard reset to get 800 working again and I'm okay with that, just need a temporary fix.

I'm having the same problem my phone is connected but has no service it's been going on for over two months.they replaced my phone but it didn't help. I now just use a Verizon prl.

In the Ericson markets are they turning on 800 in clusters or will they turn one on individually. I remember digiblur talking about it I thought but can't seem to find it.

I'm having the same problem my phone is connected but has no service it's been going on for over two months.they replaced my phone but it didn't help. I now just use a Verizon prl.

You know, if Sprint service does not work for you, and Verizon service does, you really just need to pony up and switch.

• Like 1

You know, if Sprint service does not work for you, and Verizon service does, you really just need to pony up and switch.

I don't think that should necessarily apply if it's because of Sprint's screw up with turning on 1x 800 and it not allowing any texting or calls. That's a pretty big screw up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I don't think that should necessarily apply if it's because of Sprint's screw up with turning on 1x 800 and it not allowing any texting or calls. That's a pretty big screw up.

Why shouldn't it apply? If you're forcing yourself to roam, you're not only breaking the Terms and Conditions, you're no longer using the service you're being sold.

If it doesn't work, why stay? Work with Sprint to get credits or waived ETFs.

Sprint is really good at helping out when you have issues with service, I agree that a call to Sprint can help if you have issues with the network. They are the only company I have had that will straight up release you from contract if you move or end up in an area where you can't get service. Because of that, I went back to Sprint after I moved back to Florida.

1x800 just lit up around my house last night - for the first time ever I've been able to use my phone in the basement without dropping phone calls left and right!   In fact, the signal levels in the basement are about the same as they were on the main level pre NV.

Great improvement for me!

• Like 5

Why shouldn't it apply? If you're forcing yourself to roam, you're not only breaking the Terms and Conditions, you're no longer using the service you're being sold.

Your right but if the service doesn't work and it did before is that my fault. 

Your right but if the service doesn't work and it did before is that my fault. 

Obviously. The only thing that's your "fault" is force roaming on VZW. That's why I said

In the Ericson markets are they turning on 800 in clusters or will they turn one on individually. I remember digiblur talking about it I thought but can't seem to find it.

No clusters required for new network. But the ones I have found have been two or three sites nearby and have been sites with 3g/4g acceptance. But I know other Ericsson markets have found them on 3g only accepted sites as well.

Not sure of the method they are picking as even newly 3g accepted sites do not have 1x800 fired up. One would think to just do it at the same time.

Obviously. The only thing that's your "fault" is force roaming on VZW. That's why I said

I have told them I'm using a Verizon prl till they fix it and they were fine with it. Once it's fixed I will have no problems so I'm not going to leave just because of this one thing that will get fixed.

So 2.5 months later what are the problems they're having with the 800 mhz? It obviously hasn't gone as smooth as many people said it would.

I have told them I'm using a Verizon prl till they fix it and they were fine with it. Once it's fixed I will have no problems so I'm not going to leave just because of this one thing that will get fixed.

Told whom?  Some CS worker on the phone?  He/she has no authority, probably has no idea what you are talking about.

AJ

CS knows nothing don't trust them. I wouldn't trust rrps in stores either and I work for Sprint. You wouldn't believe what little training in network stuff we get. I'm transferring to a different city I feel bad for customers where I live now because knowledge level is going way down.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

I have a Corporate personal account so I trust the corporate cs I also talked with her manager and she gave me extra 300 minutes to use. Also when I leave my area I put it back to a Sprint prl. I only use it when I'm home.

So I finally got to drive outside of Houston and to my surprise a lot of towers have 1x 800 enabled. On my way to College Station via I-45 (big game tomorrow), I was able to force my phone to 800 the entire trip except for 1/8th of the trip. The only bad part is that when I tried to use the phone on SMR, my calls would drop when the phone handoffed between two 800 enabled towers. I didn't get a chance to see if calls would handoff between bands, but I highly doubt it since it wouldn't do it within the SMR band. I guess its a work in progress.

Also, as far as Base Station coordinates on SMR, I probably only ran into one tower whose BSL was correct just based on signal strength and location. One tower in Huntsville, TX showed the location being in Freeport, TX. That's way over 100 miles away. I really hope that the locations are corrected in the second phase of NV 2.0

• Like 2

The coordinates are correct. Just not correct for us.

The 1900 rollout is going well. 2600 LTE rollout is well along on Clearwire sites. 800 CDMA has been deployed in a lot of places now. I'm really looking forward to the first reported 800 LTE site. I guess that's still a long way off. Has the FIT even started yet?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

The 1900 rollout is going well. 2600 LTE rollout is well along on Clearwire sites. 800 CDMA has been deployed in a lot of places now. I'm really looking forward to the first reported 800 LTE site. I guess that's still a long way off. Has the FIT even started yet?

They've had a FIT in Montana since late 2012/early 2013 and have finished up testing. Rollout is slated to begin right now in some markets and most markets in the next 30-90days

• Like 2

Thanks.! 800 LTE will really help at work when it's live and I get a note 4... 1900 LTE is right at the edge of staying connected and drops to 3g and back a lot.

You should check out the update in the Premier Sponsor thread, it will make you a happy man. 

It's my understanding that there's a decent amount of suspicion that there very well might be some LTE 800 sites live out there already, other than the FIT sites in Montana and a second one... New Orleans maybe? One individual in Shentel territory who is an employee said parts of their territory already have it launching.

It's my understanding that there's a decent amount of suspicion that there very well might be some LTE 800 sites live out there already, other than the FIT sites in Montana and a second one... New Orleans maybe? One individual in Shentel territory who is an employee said parts of their territory already have it launching.

I doubt LTE 800 is running in New Orleans as they haven't even lit any 1x800 in the metro area of New Orleans yet.  Only distant 1x800 sites from the Northshore have been picked up.