Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is a resounding no, but has anyone seen any 800mhz deployment in Ericson areas? Particularly, Florida markets?

And by seen I really mean, has anyone gotten a usable signal.

So far I haven't found any 800 smr anywhere in Pinellas county.

I've been pulling down 800 SMR around Macon the last couple of days on the following BSSIDs (SID 22437, NID 201):

Decimal (Hex)

30801 7851

30802 7852

32307 7E33

32546 7F22
32547 7F23

Only 3254x/7F2x has been squawking a base station location, which corresponds to a tower in NE Macon (Shirling Drive) although it may not be broadcasting its true location.  I am going to try to figure out where the others are by extrapolating the handoff boundaries at some point.

When I just tried to call someone on ESMR it dropped me to 1900, but I'm not sure if that's because I was at -101ish dBm with a closer 1900 tower, or if it's set to idle on ESMR but handoff calling to 1900 if possible.

I've been pulling down 800 SMR around Macon the last couple of days on the following BSSIDs (SID 22437, NID 201):

Decimal (Hex)

30801 7851

30802 7852

32307 7E33

32546 7F22

32547 7F23

Only 3254x/7F2x has been squawking a base station location, which corresponds to a tower in NE Macon (Shirling Drive) although it may not be broadcasting its true location. I am going to try to figure out where the others are by extrapolating the handoff boundaries at some point.

When I just tried to call someone on ESMR it dropped me to 1900, but I'm not sure if that's because I was at -101ish dBm with a closer 1900 tower, or if it's set to idle on ESMR but handoff calling to 1900 if possible.

Drop the last digit on the hex of 800smr as that's the sector ID. At least in Ericsson markets it is.

Decimal (Hex)

30801 7851

30802 7852

32307 7E33

32546 7F22

32547 7F23

Only 3254x/7F2x has been squawking a base station location, which corresponds to a tower in NE Macon (Shirling Drive) although it may not be broadcasting its true location. I am going to try to figure out where the others are by extrapolating the handoff boundaries at some point.

That all sounds very complicated 0_0

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I can't wait to see 800 in St Augustine. Most of the sites here trail off to 1x or just barely reach before the next tower gets picked up. I would love to see a constant strong signal and no more 1xRTT or "metropcs/verizon" roaming for a half a block before the next tower gets picked up.

The good news is that the 7E3X BSSIDs are on the tower right by me. The bad news is that it's stuck in the Baton Rouge mode where you can't make any outgoing calls and incoming calls go straight to VM. I'm going to try going back to the stock PRL rather than the SMR-priority sponsor PRL; hopefully that will be enough to kick me back to 1900 until they get it fixed.

The good news is that the 7E3X BSSIDs are on the tower right by me. The bad news is that it's stuck in the Baton Rouge mode where you can't make any outgoing calls and incoming calls go straight to VM. I'm going to try going back to the stock PRL rather than the SMR-priority sponsor PRL; hopefully that will be enough to kick me back to 1900 until they get it fixed.

Man, Ericsson does some funky stuff when they flip the switch down south, don't they!  Knock on wood, haven't had a single issue with NV sites going live around here.. pretty seamless from what I have encountered.

-Mike

They did get them re-certified. Some early markets did have RRU's that weren't compatible, but a firmware update to the RRU should fix the issue. Not sure how they will do that though.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Hopefully remote updapte

I'm pretty sure the answer to this is a resounding no, but has anyone seen any 800mhz deployment in Ericson areas?  Particularly, Florida markets?

And by seen I really mean, has anyone gotten a usable signal.

I just picked up 800 voice on US 301 and Harney Rd in Tampa area. I tried a call and after a very long pause it switched back to 1X 1900 so they must be testing still. Stock prl.

post-517-0-15155800-1377816755_thumb.png

• Like 1

So i see ericson is doing 800 "switch flipping", now I notice that in Memphis area they are accepting 4g/3g towers but they dont flip that switch. Why would they want to come back to that site, seems like a complete waste of resources.

So i see ericson is doing 800 "switch flipping", now I notice that in Memphis area they are accepting 4g/3g towers but they dont flip that switch. Why would they want to come back to that site, seems like a complete waste of resources.

Because Erricson 800 drops calls and fails to connect.

__________'merica

Because Erricson 800 drops calls and fails to connect.

__________'merica

Blocks calls not drops. Unless your rally the troops and rattle enough cages to get it fixed like a couple of us did in our area. Had to do this with a ton of donut LTE sites as well last month but they always seem to go back to their ways. I will say I hate being in an Ericsson market due to all the issues. That's what you get when you allow people to sign off on their own work.

Blocks calls not drops. Unless your rally the troops and rattle enough cages to get it fixed like a couple of us did in our area. Had to do this with a ton of donut LTE sites as well last month but they always seem to go back to their ways. I will say I hate being in an Ericsson market due to all the issues. That's what you get when you allow people to sign off on their own work.

Donut LTE sites? And how did you rattle cages?

Donut LTE sites? And how did you rattle cages?

Active LTE sites that don't work, it creates a donut like coverage from hand offs from other sites.

Call and email everyone and tons of contacts in Sprint until the word gets to the right people that can fix it. Persistance.

@DBSynergy over in the SF Bay thread posted the reported coordinates of a 1x 800 tower he connected to, and I checked it with the site map - it corresponds almost exactly to a Sprint cell site. It's looking more and more like Samsung markets, or at least the SF Bay Area and South Bay, have 1x 800 towers reporting the correct position pretty much exactly. That's nice to know, and can be confirmed as more 1x 800 towers come online. 

• Like 1

I will say I hate being in an Ericsson market due to all the issues. That's what you get when you allow people to sign off on their own work.

File this under things I never thought I would hear someone say. I thought Ericsson was supposed to be the best of all the NV vendors?

File this under things I never thought I would hear someone say. I thought Ericsson was supposed to be the best of all the NV vendors?

I will say Samsung probably is in my opinion plus their installs get highly scrutinized from what I have seen... Ericsson markets, not so much.

• Like 1

I agree with digiblur - from what I've seen of Samsung's 1x 800 at least, it works and they also get big points for programming the actual tower coordinates as the broadcast coordinates.

I will say Samsung probably is in my opinion plus their installs get highly scrutinized from what I have seen... Ericsson markets, not so much.

I agree with digiblur - from what I've seen of Samsung's 1x 800 at least, it works and they also get big points for programming the actual tower coordinates as the broadcast coordinates.

That's pretty impressive considering they are still new at this and I think I heard somewhere that Sprint was one of Samsung's first major carrier "wins". 

@DBSynergy over in the SF Bay thread posted the reported coordinates of a 1x 800 tower he connected to, and I checked it with the site map - it corresponds almost exactly to a Sprint cell site. It's looking more and more like Samsung markets, or at least the SF Bay Area and South Bay, have 1x 800 towers reporting the correct position pretty much exactly. That's nice to know, and can be confirmed as more 1x 800 towers come online.

I got a similar result with my 800 signal in the bay area too. I posted my pic there. Address lines up exactly with a sprint site. Is this the same in every samsung market? Does that mean Robert can start marking user reported samsung sites as accepted for 800? :D at least just sf market!

But now is there a marker color for 3G/800 but no 4G?

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4