Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

That's because well you're you and well I'm me. I just like contributing any way I can and The towers I've found 800SMR before they were mapped were here and Huntington. The little town Roanoke just had there towers lit up with 800SMR.

Oh, I know.  Thanks for your contributions to S4GRU in multiple ways.  I am just giving you a hard time.  I like to chide and tease quite a bit.  Consider that acceptance into my world...

;)

AJ

I just wish Sprint and softbank can keep us updated with 800 1x rollout and can give us a concrete date when they plan to roll out 800 LTE and deploy more of 2.5 LTE too.

We only get some of that information during their quarterly conference calls.

You and me both. 1x800 is by far the most important for anyone living outside metro areas.

But the key difference is that my reports get added to the official maps.  When you see a new CDMA1X 800 addition in the Kansas market, chances are good that I am the source.

Interesting. I was under the impression that every site on the NV Sites Complete map was there as a result of an official Sprint acceptance report. I don't own a spectrum analzyer, but if S4GRU ever modifies this policy I'd be happy to post SignalCheck and/or engineering screen info to prove a site is broadcasting 1x 800, since the sites in the markets I've been in are all accurately reporting their location. I guess there really are unfortunately fairly few 800 acceptances that have found their way over here yet.

You and me both. 1x800 is by far the most important for anyone living outside metro areas.

True, especially in areas where Sprint only sees fit to cover the interstate. But it's pretty important everywhere for indoor coverage too.

Interesting. I was under the impression that every site on the NV Sites Complete map was there as a result of an official Sprint acceptance report. I don't own a spectrum analzyer, but if S4GRU ever modifies this policy I'd be happy to post SignalCheck and/or engineering screen info to prove a site is broadcasting 1x 800, since the sites in the markets I've been in are all accurately reporting their location. I guess there really are unfortunately fairly few 800 acceptances that have found their way over here yet.

I probably should not have divulged that I am an internal S4GRU source for some CDMA1X 800 reports.  We would love to crowd source more deployment data from members.  That would guarantee greater results but, almost certainly, more errors in our data set.  So, we limit the internal S4GRU sources to just a select few who have many years of demonstrated experience tracking PN offsets in their respective markets.

AJ

Oh, I know.  Thanks for your contributions to S4GRU in multiple ways.  I am just giving you a hard time.  I like to chide and tease quite a bit.  Consider that acceptance into my world...

;)

AJ

lol Females do the same thing mr. ;) hahaha

And thanks for the acceptance :ninja:

lol Females do the same thing mr. ;) hahaha

Females give you a "hard time."  Where?  Ouch!

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Plus, I get to keep my trophies.  You have to hunt and release.

;)

AJ

Now, Now....we don't want to hunt the 800SMR beasts to extinction. When you find them always release them, but put a radio tracking collar on them first so we all can follow their journeys around the country side. We want the male and female 800SMRs (or are they asexual) to meet and propagate so that some day they may out number the 700 Red Beasts.

We don't want to come visit you and find a bunch of 800SMR mounts on your trophy room wall.  But if you want to capture one and build a fenced-in area next your your hunting lodge to house it, we would be envious.

^_^

• Like 3

Now, Now....we don't want to hunt the 800SMR beasts to extinction. When you find them always release them, but put a radio tracking collar on them first so we all can follow their journeys around the country side. We want the male and female 800SMRs (or are they asexual) to meet and propagate so that some day they may out number the 700 Red Beasts.

We don't want to come visit you and find a bunch of 800SMR mounts on your trophy room wall.  But if you want to capture one and build a fenced-in area next your your hunting lodge to house it, we would be envious.

^_^

ROFLMAO 

• Like 1

I had a friend in high school who used to literally say "lol". He didn't quite grasp the concept that it is Internet shorthand and not an actual word. He was considered "gifted" by the state of Florida, which shows you the sad state of our education system. But, regardless, LOL.

• Like 2

We don't want to come visit you and find a bunch of 800SMR mounts on your trophy room wall.

Nope, my trophies get mounted on the map here at S4GRU.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

True, especially in areas where Sprint only sees fit to cover the interstate. But it's pretty important everywhere for indoor coverage too.

They all are official Sprint acceptance reports with the exception of a few CDMA 800 sites submitted by staff. We do not get CDMA 800 acceptances from the same source. We get that data less frequently.

Accepting CDMA 800 reports from our members is problematic, so we have not opened it up publicly. 800MHz can be strong for long distances, even over adjacent sites, that it can cause a lot of false positives if you were not a very seasoned veteran that knows their markets PN numbers.

So far, only AJ and Rickie have provided CDMA 800 locations in Kansas and Missouri. The rest are from reports. I imagine that when they start popping up in Louisiana, Digiblur will also join the fray. And perhaps Ian in Central Texas (and all of his destinations). I have a source working on a complete list of CDMA 800 sites accepted to date, so I can clean up the maps.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 13

They all are official Sprint acceptance reports with the exception of a few CDMA 800 sites submitted by staff. We do not get CDMA 800 acceptances from the same source. We get that data less frequently. Accepting CDMA 800 reports from our members is problematic, so we have not opened it up publicly. 800MHz can be strong for long distances, even over adjacent sites, that it can cause a lot of false positives if you were not a very seasoned veteran that knows their markets PN numbers. So far, only AJ and Rickie have provided CDMA 800 locations in Kansas and Missouri. The rest are from reports. I imagine that when they start popping up in Louisiana, Digiblur will also join the fray. And perhaps Ian in Central Texas (and all of his destinations). I have a source working on a complete list of CDMA 800 sites accepted to date, so I can clean up the maps. Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

This makes sense. But I believe if the member is trusted and has solid proof. I believe that it should be talked over. But that's all I'm gonna say lol. I know my input means nothing to everyone else. I just like to put my ideas forward

I had a friend in high school who used to literally say "lol". He didn't quite grasp the concept that it is Internet shorthand and not an actual word. He was considered "gifted" by the state of Florida, which shows you the sad state of our education system. But, regardless, LOL.

We are talking about America's Wang....  :lol:

That's laporte Indiana right? I would think you would have 800 voice since south bend has 800 voice and so does Chicago. I'm not sure which market you fall into. I was just over in Michigan city but I didn't pay attention to signal stuff yesterday.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Yes, Laporte area. I don't think 800 voice is transmitting yet, since my friends have newer phones that support 800 MHz and there signals are as weak as mine.

I can practically promise you that Sprint will not offer any LTE Advanced capable handsets this year. And LTE 800 capability this year, while possible, is no given either.

Going off of the Network Vision roadmap, I would project that the big LTE 800 device push will be next year, and the big LTE Advanced device emphasis will not be until 2014.

So, on one hand, you can wait for additional options before you upgrade. But you will never get ahead of the curve. And the longer you wait, the longer your subsequent upgrade eligibility just gets pushed back.

Alternatively, you can upgrade now and be in position for another subsidized upgrade by this time in 2014, at which point the LTE Advanced 800 capabilities that you desire are likely to be readily available.

AJ

So you're saying that the Note 3 won't be capable of LTE-A?

You might want to check the date stamp at the top of the post you quoted.

Yup at the time it was a fair call. In reality we don't know. It may have the rf360 chip, it may have lte a disabled. It may or may not support it, we just don't know for sure yet. I hope it does from release, they may disable it so they can release a new sky in 4-6 months time to revive sales? Given the radio is out there I hope it does support i from release, we shall see :-)

Just thought, the rf360 is cmos right? Typically a pa will be GaAs, it isn't my field but isn't cmos inferior to GaAs in performance or have qualcomm figured that out? Or is it just more attractive to have 40 bands with a less powerful pa then the opposite? Enquiring minds wanna know, theres got to be a SC expert on here lol

Yup at the time it was a fair call. In reality we don't know. It may have the rf360 chip, it may have lte a disabled. It may or may not support it, we just don't know for sure yet. I hope it does from release, they may disable it so they can release a new sky in 4-6 months time to revive sales? Given the radio is out there I hope it does support i from release, we shall see :-)

More than just a fair call, he was right. At the end of 2012, there was no LTE Advanced Sprint device, nor LTE 800 device. ;)

Robert

• Like 1

That makes sense. Improvements to 3G EV-DO are separate. While I'm not certain, it seems plausible that on a handful of sites you might have 1X 800 broadcasting, but still have legacy EV-DO. While Network Vision sites are supposedly able to broadcast ~20% further, even advanced backhaul won't help you if your EV-DO carriers are all overloaded. Only more carriers, more cell sites, or offloading to 4G or WiFi can help the network then.

Very plausible.  I've personally seen sites go from having 4G added one day.  Then next week 1X was converted over to NV then 2 months later EVDO was converted over to NV.  I've also seen data supporting this same thing on several sites.  The site I saw personally was easy since the workers messed up on the sectors two times in a row.  Guess someone was color blind and plugged in the wrong fiber. 

Previously the 1X was alpha PN=111, beta=114, gamma=117.  When it was converted it went alpha=114, beta=117, and gamma=111.  Later EVDO followed this same suit and LTE follows the mess up as well on the serving cells.  Even with the mess up it was cool to see exactly when they switched things over.  I'm sure 1x800 will follow the same screwed up sector placement unless the look at the dropped handoffs to and from this cell and decide to fix it.

That makes me worried for those of us in the southern states. We aren't known for having highly educated city folk who can figure out color matching :-/

• Like 5