Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

I first read this as "changed my wife" 

Try explaining this expense to your current wife, this wouldn't be too far fetched.  :lol: My donation is coming, but trying to avoid explaining it to the other half.

Edited by nexgencpu

Try explaining this expense to your current wife, this wouldn't be too far fetched.  :lol: My donation is coming, but trying to avoid explaining it to the other half.

Well, that would require me to be married. To a woman.

• Like 1

sorry if this topic has been covered before but when will sprints network map show the 800mhz upgrades in voice converage that they have been doing

They're probably never gonna show it separately. It's gonna be the same color as pcs voice.

sorry if this topic has been covered before but when will sprints network map show the 800mhz upgrades in voice converage that they have been doing 

They're probably never gonna show it separately. It's gonna be the same color as pcs voice.

No, it's not up yet, and it likely will never be "separate". However, Sprint already has separate coverage maps for different devices, so I would imagine that once it's included, it will be on its own map for 800-capable devices.

No, it's not up yet, and it likely will never be "separate". However, Sprint already has separate coverage maps for different devices, so I would imagine that once it's included, it will be on its own map for 800-capable devices.

I think there is some confusion here:  800 voice (SMR 800) is shown with the green and blue pushpins on the "NV Sites Complete Map": Green indicates 3G/800/4G (i.e., NV is complete for that site), blue indicates 3G/800.  There are apparently no "800 voice-only" sites, as the SMR 800 upgrade seems to be tied into the PCS 1900 upgrade, so there is no pushpin.  Similarly, there are no "800/4G" sites, for the same reason.  Robert has said that he is not receiving complete acceptance lists for 800 SMR, which explains why there are only about x,xxx SMR 800 sites reported, versus about xx,xxx PCS 1900 and xx,xxx LTE 1900 sites.  In the real world, there are many, many wild SMR 800 sites that have so far eluded detection and capture, sneaky little things that they are!

When 800 LTE comes out, he will have to come up with yet another mapping color or scheme.

(Then I realized that this isn't a Sponsor thread, so I redacted all the actual numbers.)

In the real world, there are many, many wild SMR 800 sites that have so far eluded detection and capture, sneaky little things that they are!

I have been hunting CDMA1X 800 live sites and, thus far, have already bagged about a dozen of them.

ernest-hemingway-hunting.jpg

AJ

• Like 1

I think there is some confusion here:  800 voice (SMR 800) is shown with the green and blue pushpins on the "NV Sites Complete Map": Green indicates 3G/800/4G (i.e., NV is complete for that site), blue indicates 3G/800.  There are apparently no "800 voice-only" sites, as the SMR 800 upgrade seems to be tied into the PCS 1900 upgrade, so there is no pushpin.  Similarly, there are no "800/4G" sites, for the same reason.  Robert has said that he is not receiving complete acceptance lists for 800 SMR, which explains why there are only about x,xxx SMR 800 sites reported, versus about xx,xxx PCS 1900 and xx,xxx LTE 1900 sites.  In the real world, there are many, many wild SMR 800 sites that have so far eluded detection and capture, sneaky little things that they are!

When 800 LTE comes out, he will have to come up with yet another mapping color or scheme.

(Then I realized that this isn't a Sponsor thread, so I redacted all the actual numbers.)

I replied to the previous posts assuming they were talking about coverage.sprint.com or network.sprint.com.

Well shit. You won, I have only bagged one or two!

Plus, I get to keep my trophies.  You have to hunt and release.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

I was under the impression it was the coverage.sprint maps that were being discussed  :scratch:

Just noticed 3 maybe 4 1x800 sites went live around me. One tower 3/4 a mile from me according to signal check pro and one 5 miles away. I still have bad reception I was wondering how much the towers signal will overlap. I just noticed them today may be testing or false positives.

If you are wondering why 3/4 miles and bad service. Its because I'm on the back side of a hill. I was hoping for the tower 5 miles away to overlap to me.

I replied to the previous posts assuming they were talking about coverage.sprint.com or network.sprint.com.

I was under the impression it was the coverage.sprint maps that were being discussed  :scratch:

Oops, my mistake.

sorry for the added confusion i was just curious as to why indy has lots of 800 towers but the sprint coverage map still showed only the old 1900 only voice coverage lte coverage even out reaches the voice coverage which would not be the case if they show the 800 mhz towers on there 

sorry for the added confusion i was just curious as to why indy has lots of 800 towers but the sprint coverage map still showed only the old 1900 only voice coverage lte coverage even out reaches the voice coverage which would not be the case if they show the 800 mhz towers on there 

I don't think Sprint has updated their coverage map anywhere yet with 1x800. They seem to have their hands full already with figuring out where there is LTE coverage. There is no 800 LTE anywhere yet to our knowledge (at least any that has been formally launched), so all the 1x and LTE that is shown is of the PCS variety.

You can tell their indicated LTE coverage is bogus if for no other reason than you have places where they show LTE but no native voice. LTE propagates more poorly (or rather, requires a stronger signal to work properly) than 1x (all else being equal), so that shouldn't be the case anywhere. Even when 800 LTE is rolled out, it should be on sites that already have 1x 800 active. Unless additional LTE-only sites are added (and such small cells will only be deployed to fill in urban and suburban areas, not on market edges), LTE coverage will always be a subset of 1x voice coverage.

I don't think Sprint has updated their coverage map anywhere yet with 1x800. They seem to have their hands full already with figuring out where there is LTE coverage. There is no 800 LTE anywhere yet to our knowledge (at least any that has been formally launched), so all the 1x and LTE that is shown is of the PCS variety.

You can tell their indicated LTE coverage is bogus if for no other reason than you have places where they show LTE but no native voice. LTE propagates more poorly (or rather, requires a stronger signal to work properly) than 1x (all else being equal), so that shouldn't be the case anywhere. Even when 800 LTE is rolled out, it should be on sites that already have 1x 800 active. Unless additional LTE-only sites are added (and such small cells will only be deployed to fill in urban and suburban areas, not on market edges), LTE coverage will always be a subset of 1x voice coverage.

even so i've been seeing signal dbm's on lte in the 110's and 120's at best my signal dbm gets to about 96 before it drops all together unless your saying a LTE signal at 120 is the same as a 1x signal at 96 

even so i've been seeing signal dbm's on lte in the 110's and 120's at best my signal dbm gets to about 96 before it drops all together unless your saying a LTE signal at 120 is the same as a 1x signal at 96 

It's just about the same, yes.

But I think we are trying to achieve the same goal. That's really all that matters Aj :)

Absolutely, I agree.  But if we are looking at the scoreboard, I am in the lead by about 12-0.

;)

AJ

• Like 1

Absolutely, I agree.  But if we are looking at the scoreboard, I am in the lead by about 12-0.

;)

AJ

But, In achieving the same goal. We're actually 12-8. There aren't too many towers around that I can go to. They are spread out like crazy lol. I mean hell, you got one that you have to take a damn dirt bike trail to get to and all that is around you is trees and bushes and probably big foot!! :)

But, In achieving the same goal. We're actually 12-8. There aren't too many towers around that I can go to. They are spread out like crazy lol. I mean hell, you got one that you have to take a damn dirt bike trail to get to and all that is around you is trees and bushes and probably big foot!! :)

Well, some of the sites that I have reported are 20-100 miles from home.  So, I have made my rounds, too.  But the key difference is that my reports get added to the official maps.  When you see a new CDMA1X 800 addition in the Kansas market, chances are good that I am the source.

AJ

• Like 2

Well, some of the sites that I have reported are 20-100 miles from home.  So, I have made my rounds, too.  But the key difference is that my reports get added to the official maps.  When you see a new CDMA1X 800 addition in the Kansas market, chances are good that I am the source.

AJ

That's because well you're you and well I'm me. I just like contributing any way I can and The towers I've found 800SMR before they were mapped were here and Huntington. The little town Roanoke just had there towers lit up with 800SMR.