Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Actually I think you are right. The Samsung devices have the option to switch modes for sure but I think I noticed the HTC One does NOT have the option to switch modes. I remember the HTC EVO 4G LTE did have that option however.

But the pro version of your app gives you access under System Shortcuts for "Mobile Networks" to change the modes.

I have the HTC One and I have the option to use LTE/CDMA as well as CDMA only in the same spot as my Evo LTE did under Mobile Networks in Settings. Edited by Jaggrey

I have the HTC One and I have the option to use LTE/CDMA as well as CDMA only in the same spot as my Evo LTE did under Mobile Networks in Settings.

Awesome.  I must have been mistaken.

Question. In the engineering screen of the EVO LTE I found a way to force 1900 PCS, 800 roaming and 800(secondary) and I tried all three. I get no bars on the 800(secondary) so I'm wondering if this is sprints 800 cdma and a way to force it. http://db.tt/VAbrf8Ip

That is not a Field Trial.apk engineering screen.  That is the Testing.apk menu.  And, congratulations, you may have just disabled automatic band selection on your EVO LTE until you do a full factory reset.  We have posted many times in many other threads not to mess with that band selection menu unless you know fully what you are doing.  Others have learned the hard way; you may have, too.

AJ

That is not a Field Trial.apk engineering screen. That is the Testing.apk menu. And, congratulations, you may have just disabled automatic band selection on your EVO LTE until you do a full factory reset. We have posted many times in many other threads not to mess with that band selection menu unless you know fully what you are doing. Others have learned the hard way; you may have, too.

AJ

sometimes the only way I can get LTE is to put it on LTE only. Just remember where you had it parked

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

sometimes the only way I can get LTE is to put it on LTE only. Just remember where you had it parked

Airlink selection in the Testing.apk menu is fine.  That has no permanent effect.  Band selection, on the other hand, may wreck automatic band selection.

AJ

Actually this doesn't affect me in the least. There is no 800 mhz frequency in my area. I would actually prefer to use my bands manually because once 800 mhz is wide spread that's where I'm staying and I just got this replacement phone like 2 weeks ago so a factory reset doesn't bother me. It's still switching between LTE and EV-DO just fine and that's all I care about.

That is not a Field Trial.apk engineering screen. That is the Testing.apk menu. And, congratulations, you may have just disabled automatic band selection on your EVO LTE until you do a full factory reset. We have posted many times in many other threads not to mess with that band selection menu unless you know fully what you are doing. Others have learned the hard way; you may have, too.

AJ

I posted on here earlier but I guess it didn't take. Does anyone know if tower xxxxxxxxx is slated to get 1x 800? I see that it is currently in progress and wanted to know if it will when accepted. I'm wondering because the tower is right by the hospital where my wife will be delivering our baby in October. We get absolutely no signal in the lower levels of the hospital.

This is a thread on the public side of The Forums.  Do not post site IDs outside of the sponsor side.  That is why another moderator hid your post.

AJ

Actually this doesn't affect me in the least. There is no 800 mhz frequency in my area. I would actually prefer to use my bands manually because once 800 mhz is wide spread that's where I'm staying and I just got this replacement phone like 2 weeks ago so a factory reset doesn't bother me. It's still switching between LTE and EV-DO just fine and that's all I care about.

Once CDMA1X 800 goes live, you may be screwed.  If this has disabled automatic band selection on your EVO LTE, then you will be unable to connect to CDMA1X 800 + LTE 1900 simultaneously.  Effectively, you will have to choose between CDMA1X 800 by itself or CDMA1X 1900 + LTE 1900.  Additionally, when roaming, you will have to choose the appropriate band for the particular roaming partner.

AJ

Oh snap. Thats not good. Thanks for informing me. I don't really care about 800 cdma much as I rarley drop calls now as it is. I care about LTE 800 and since my phone is not capable of that I don't believe this issuer is much of a concern right now. LTE 1900 right now I'm my area is terrible at building penetration anyways. In almost every case I go from 97-110 dBm LTE outside to ehrpd inside. Could be a EVO issue as my girlfriends gs3 goes farther on the LTE signal but its unuable when she does

Once CDMA1X 800 goes live, you may be screwed. If this has disabled automatic band selection on your EVO LTE, then you will be unable to connect to CDMA1X 800 + LTE 1900 simultaneously. Effectively, you will have to choose between CDMA1X 800 by itself or CDMA1X 1900 + LTE 1900. Additionally, when roaming, you will have to choose the appropriate band for the particular roaming partner.

AJ

This is true the EVO seems to search for the better signal when the LTE is on the edge. In my case both can be unusable when this situation happens. Makes me want to get a flamethrower and torch my phone lol

That's why the EVO 4G LTE's burden is a blessing in disguise! Other phones hold on to a really weak signal that is unusable while the EVO will switch to a more usable 3G.

AJ

This man speaks the truth.

I am constantly messing with my EVO LTE and have done this for testing reasons several times. It does kill off automatic band selection until you do a complete factory reset.

I would love to have the ability to force 1x band selection and leave the pcs bands intact for other technologies, unfortunately it shuts off the other bands completely. You lose Sprint evdo if you set it for the SMR or cellular bands.

Sent from my EVO LTE

This is not a reposne to any one person.

I just want to caution those who may have unrealistically high expectations for the new triband phones right at (phone/network) launch. Once live, I would imagine that it's going to take months for Sprint to tweak the different band tolerances so that we as end users get the maximum performance out of the new network. It simply can't be expected to work perfect out of the box. Remember when LTE first launched in Chicago? Growing pains - unwanted but necessary.  

We have to believe that Sprint will come up with the best plan of action they can. They'll do some internal testing and then, when they're comfortable with that, they'll roll it out. Problems will likely be found and Sprint will adjust their plans. ie If the 800 LTE only sees 1% capacity... they'll adjust to allow more users onto that band. THEY have all the numbers they need to make those judgements. After the dust settles and no more tweaking is needed - I'm sure there will be a limited number of users, in a limited number of unique situations, that'll be right there on the border and won't be happy with where their device is seeking LTE service. It can't be perfect for everybody. It's unfortunate but true. 

Improve? Of course. But each change has an effect. If a proposed change creates more of a problem than it solves - the best answer is to keep it the best it can be for as many as you can.

It won't be perfect.

This has been going on for almost a month.I put in a network ticket if anybody wants to guess what is going on. My phone connects but doesn't have service http://db.tt/65iHUZAh

When I see devices stuck in "Entering CDMA State", it's usually something broken with the modem in the device itself. It probably needs a complete reflash, and if that doesn't fix it, possibly a replacement. So, one, do you have any other Sprint devices you can check "side by side" to see if it possibly is just your device not working with BC10? And, either way, is there a nearby Sprint Repair Center you can take it to?

When I see devices stuck in "Entering CDMA State", it's usually something broken with the modem in the device itself. It probably needs a complete reflash, and if that doesn't fix it, possibly a replacement. So, one, do you have any other Sprint devices you can check "side by side" to see if it possibly is just your device not working with BC10? And, either way, is there a nearby Sprint Repair Center you can take it to?

it does work on BC10 just not the tower I'm using its weird.

Yeah this what happened to me. 4G and eHRDP 3G stopped working. I had to go into CDMA only mode to force CDMA Rev. A. Tried a bunch of things to fix it after two weeks went by. Finally called and got a free replacement and 4G is back on my phone. Ended up being a phone issue.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Are we seeing 800 accepted towers light up on a regular basis across the nation cause Memphis hasnt changed a bit yet. By 800 i mean voice/1x data. I know LTE is starting 3rd quarter.

Are we seeing 800 accepted towers light up on a regular basis across the nation cause Memphis hasnt changed a bit yet. By 800 i mean voice/1x data. I know LTE is starting 3rd quarter.

Only in Samsung markets on a regular basis, so far. We now have reported 800 1x coming online in a couple Ericsson markets (Kansas, Dallas) but no nationwide trend yet. 

I am guessing that maybe Softbank and Sprint had a nice long sit down and maybe the game plan changed now that they are pushing the 2600 band. Maybe they are wanting to kick all in at one time per site rather than keep contractors going back to a site over and over again. 

I am guessing that maybe Softbank and Sprint had a nice long sit down and maybe the game plan changed now that they are pushing the 2600 band. Maybe they are wanting to kick all in at one time per site rather than keep contractors going back to a site over and over again. 

This would be nice... It would be nice to know that when they are activating a tower to know that we are getting SMR, PCS, BRS as well as LTE, CDMA, 1X *and* cream and sugar!  Not just the random mixes we are getting now (3G only, 4G only, GMOs, etc).

• Like 2