Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Can they really update their coverage maps with so many phones not supporting CDMA-800 still out there?

They did it with nextel, cdma, lte, and WiMAX and since it has you pick the device I don't see why not. Sprint is not going to pass up the chance to show off the 800SMR coverage maps.. Trust me..

Sent from my little Note2

• Like 4

I don't see why it'd be such a difficult thing to show the 800MHz SMR coverage. Just like there are currently tabs for "VOICE" "DATA" and "DIRECT CONNECT", just add another tab with a clearly explained disclaimer and perhaps a link to the handsets and other devices that can take advantage of it. Maybe list all of the early 800MHz capable handsets like the Evo 3D, Epic 4G Touch, etc. and then say ALL Sprint devices launched after xx/xx/xxxx date.

• Like 1

Oh man, anyone know how much Iden Spectrum is available in the Jacksonville Market?  Hoping CDMA 800 turns on soon because at work I'm constantly roaming/connecting the Sprint's 1x that's terribly inconsistent.  I have Digiblur's premier PRL enabled so I'm playing the waiting game for now until they turn CDMA 800 on. :P

• Like 1

The maps have had the capability to show coverage by device for quite a while now; it's reasonable to expect the 1x 800 (and eventual LTE 800 and LTE 2500) footprints to be shown on this basis too.

• Like 5

Talking about coverage maps, why does Sprint use what appears to be really antiquated maps? Can't zoom in-out with the scrolling wheel, have to do it using the plus-minus which is really annoying. Also moving around the map is not a fluid experience, always loading when sliding around the map etc (and it's not a performance issue, I have a gaming computer and 50 mb internet)

I just really hate the map, anyone join me? :-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 3

Talking about coverage maps, why does Sprint use what appears to be really antiquated maps? Can't zoom in-out with the scrolling wheel, have to do it using the plus-minus which is really annoying. Also moving around the map is not a fluid experience, always loading when sliding around the map etc (and it's not a performance issue, I have a gaming computer and 50 mb internet)

I just really hate the map, anyone join me? :-)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'm not a fan of Sprint coverage maps. I prefer the ones in Google Maps, myself.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Oh man, anyone know how much Iden Spectrum is available in the Jacksonville Market?  Hoping CDMA 800 turns on soon because at work I'm constantly roaming/connecting the Sprint's 1x that's terribly inconsistent.  I have Digiblur's premier PRL enabled so I'm playing the waiting game for now until they turn CDMA 800 on. :P

I'm moving up there in August so I hope it gets turned on there soon as well lol.

Can a site broadcast 800 1Xa only only one or two sectors and leave the other at 1900 only to avoid interference with another site broadcasting 800? I'm only asking because I think I found one

Yes.  The sectors are effectively like separate sites.  But they just happen to be located on the same structure together.

AJ

This tower is out of testing, well i'm 95% sure lol.

H3itpH5.png

hEvQp6R.png

and the results of the speedtest 3G

481528531.png

Don't know if that is good or not.. lol 800 hasn't been on during the day at this time for so long. It has been for the past few days and I'm starting to STAY connected to instead of doing a PRL update and funny thing is, My phone won't connect to my airave, it connects to the 800 tower.. Weird

• Like 1

Not weird at all. That is by design. You probably have the airave 2.0. When 800smr fires up near my house I hope to turn off my Airave.

It's not? So that's a good thing then? and Ya I just turned mine off. my mothers or my phone was not connecting to it.

LOL. I did a speed test hers vs mine and for the Upload and DL speed, we both got .09 LOL xD

A.D.D. speed reading kicked those 2 messages to the curb as I couldn't figure out what it said.

Then you must have hated T-9-less text messaging from the mid early 2000s........ hahaha :P

I h8ed gtting thse txt mssgs. U cud nvr read thm

Then you must have hated T-9-less text messaging from the mid early 2000s........ hahaha :P

I had Sprint and you had to go to that stupid webpage to text on the phone so I never used it..took too long before I lost interest.  I had my RIM pager, and Moto 2-way pager, then blackberry for work with a full keyboards so I just used that.  Didn't really text until my HTC Mogul.  But yes... I skip right over anything that lacks punctuation, capitalization, too much slang, too many misspellings, etc.  Too much trouble to read to make it worth my time as I speed read.  Without a half English typical layout I lose interest. 

Oh god, I thought I was in the NY Market thread for a second.

*shudder*

But on a serious note, with 800 1x going onair soon enough, will all of the devices get a forced PRL update? 

Sprint had MT-SMS (mobile terminated SMS) from roughly 1999 onward.  The service was great, not to mention, free and worked very well for notifications of new e-mail.  It was almost like "push" e-mail via BlackBerry, Microsoft ActiveSync, or Gmail, but long before any of you had a smartphone.

Sprint did not incorporate MO-SMS (mobile originated SMS) until circa 2004-2005.  In between, Sprint had PCS Short Mail, which was a Web based version of SMS.  You would receive messages via SMS; however, you had to go on the Web to originate messages.  Oddly enough, I recall Nextel had a similar service.

AJ

• Like 1

Sprint had MT-SMS (mobile terminated SMS) from roughly 1999 onward.  The service was great, not to mention, free and worked very well for notifications of new e-mail.  It was almost like "push" e-mail via BlackBerry, Microsoft ActiveSync, or Gmail, but long before any of you had a smartphone.

Sprint did not incorporate MO-SMS (mobile originated SMS) until circa 2004-2005.  In between, Sprint had PCS Short Mail, which was a Web based version of SMS.  You would receive messages via SMS; however, you had to go on the Web to originate messages.  Oddly enough, I recall Nextel had a similar service.

AJ

Ah yes, PCS Short Mail...I remember those days. I remember my Sanyo VM-4500 having true MO-SMS, was one of the first devices to do so.