Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Yes, it looks like 800mhz 1xRTT is becoming available in South Bend as well. Took that screen capture on my Optimus G just minutes ago.

Just hit Fort Wayne here At 3 AM lol

• Like 1

Are there any s4gru maps of nextel towers? It would be interesting to see which towers were decommissioned here in Austin. I believe we already have one confirmed tower so far. It wouldn't be much effort for me to cover a lot of S. Austin to check out sites as I am frequently driving around everywhere for work stuff. 

• Like 1

Are there any updates to the Mexican border areas and 800mhz?

I had read a post on here saying we were not going to see it but it dawned on me... if Nextel worked here why cant Sprint still use that frequency?

Are there any s4gru maps of nextel towers?

Yes, the Premier section contains historical iDEN site maps.

AJ

I had read a post on here saying we were not going to see it but it dawned on me... if Nextel worked here why cant Sprint still use that frequency?

iDEN and CDMA2000 are two very different animals.  iDEN uses 25 kHz channels.  CDMA2000 uses 1.25 MHz carriers -- the same bandwidth as 50 contiguous iDEN channels.  Coordinating one 25 kHz channel here and there across the international boundary is feasible; coordinating 50 contiguous channels is downright impractical.

AJ

Yes, the Premier section contains historical iDEN site maps.

AJ

Does the Premier section also include clearwire towers/information as well?

There are Clearwire WiMax Protection Site maps in the Sponsor section.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I am trying to figure out how I connected to 1X 800 in the area where I live (second link below). The only thing I would think is that they are testing in the area? I was right around where the "10" is right of Redbud Park (first link below). The tower just south of Redbud Park was the first LTE tower near me. My neighborhood is located just above the "W" in W Euless Blvd that is under West Park. I am on the cusp of all those towers. My cell reception is absolutely terrible. I get no bars to maybe one bar if I'm not roaming on Metro PCS or Verizon. I would hope that 800mhz would resolve my reception issues though the signal I had was a weak one at that. The closest 800mhz tower near me is located at 32.739444, -97.111944 and that is about 5-6 miles away that has elevation drops and rises as well as tons of foliage. My PRL is 55014 which I believe is (Worldphone) LTE/800SMR. Thoughts?

pic.twitter.com/3DR2P9y4g0

pic.twitter.com/WvYGb2rBQK

I was using 800smr all over Vegas about a month ago and none show 800 accepted. A site can be on even though it isn't accepted.

Sent from my little Note2

What 1x channels are on air in Vegas? Curious though, since my iPhone doesn't keep 1xSMR on the same priority as PCS 1x, will I even see the connection?

What 1x channels are on air in Vegas? Curious though, since my iPhone doesn't keep 1xSMR on the same priority as PCS 1x, will I even see the connection?

I'm currently using 800smr on channel 476. Since I can generally get a PCS signal of some sort pretty much everywhere around town, the only way that I can generally get 800 is to use the premier PRL.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yep, 476 was active all over the place.  It is hidden on 22429 (Utah SID) though so a stock PRL won't cut it.  I had the 800SMR all to myself there...muahhhahaha.  My wife kept asking why mine was working and hers was not.  Of course I'd get the roll of the eyes when I started to explain.

• Like 7

I'm currently using 800smr on channel 476. Since I can generally get a PCS signal of some sort pretty much everywhere around town, the only way that I can generally get 800 is to use the premier PRL.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Makes sense, I'm noticing more and more that my phone will switch to 1x ( o ) icon, vs. 3G, and switch back. I can't wait for this entire area to get upgraded. Going from functional LTE to nonfunctional 3G sucks.

Yep, 476 was active all over the place.  It is hidden on 22429 (Utah SID) though so a stock PRL won't cut it.  I had the 800SMR all to myself there...muahhhahaha.  My wife kept asking why mine was working and hers was not.  Of course I'd get the roll of the eyes when I started to explain.

Lol, those are the times I wish I had my old Android phone so I can flash a different PRL.

Lol, those are the times I wish I had my old Android phone so I can flash a different PRL.

Real wireless network nerds do not use iPhones.

;)

AJ

• Like 13