Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

1. Is there a map where Sprint has the 800mhz all over the states and states specific? 

Are you taking about deployment or the licenses? Sprint has a nationwide license...

Sprint's SMR 800 MHz holdings are not from a nationwide license.  Rather, those holdings are a somewhat varied national collection of about 200 BEA based licenses.  I cannot think of any terrestrial services, only satellite services that the FCC has ever licensed on a nationwide basis.

AJ

Is there any news on resolution to deploy the 800 Mhrz Band 26 LTE in the Detroit market?

Yes become a premier sponsor. There are maps with the schedule for all technologies yet to be completed ( band 26, band 25, and band 41)

Would being being a regular sponsor get me access to the maps? I can'tell afford $100, that would dip in to my rent money.

You'll get access to the sponsors maps and forums, and information on B25 and 800 voice.

Keep in mind that donations are compounded, so every donation you make counts toward premier. You don't have to donate $100 all at once.

To add to what BlueAngel said, premier info includes data on Band 41 LTE, Band 26 LTE, updated schedule maps for all kinds of LTE, and various historic maps like Nextel and Clearwire. You also get access to premier sponsor forums.

• Like 3

I would love for you to become a Premier Sponsor. However, the 800MHz schedules in the Premier Sponsor section do not currently have forecasts for 800 within the IBEZ of the East Michigan market. There is currently only 1900/2600 shown in them now for East Michigan.

• 3 months later...

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

The service in my area (Kirkland) is good for the most part but there are a few holes in the LTE network and the penetration is honestly not that great.

For example, outside my house, the service is -92 to -95 b25 (1900mhz) LTE but when I step into my house, it drops to -114 to -118 or back to eHRPD.

I know that sprint is rolling out b26 (800mhz) LTE everywhere but it seems that Seattle is inside something called the IBEZ zone. I generally know what that means but I sm still not 100% clear. I was wondering if someone could explain what this means, how it affects the b26 rollout in the Seattle market and basically if Seattle will be getting b26 anytime soon.

Thanks!

According to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ link under The Hub link at the top of each page):

International Boundary Exclusion Zone
This refers to the roughly 70 mile area from the Canadian and Mexican borders (there's varying accounts of the actual area, but 70 miles is what I've seen the most of). The US and Canada / Mexico must reach an agreement for the use of the 800 MHz SMR spectrum that Sprint owns before Sprint can fully deploy that spectrum, otherwise there will be interference with the owners of the same spectrum on the other side of the border (Telus Mike on the Canadian side). The SMR (800 MHz) spectrum is what Sprint obtained from Nextel and is far better at building penetration and traveling distances than the 1.9 ghz PCS spectrum Sprint operates on now.

This is the area where spectrum use is under agreement with another country due to the fact that radio waves do not stop at country borders.  If one country's radio waves interfere with another country's radio waves, that is a major concern to the country being interfered with.  The US has agreements with Canada and Mexico to ensure that radio signal interference is kept to a minimum.

Based on what I have read here, Sprint has already worked out arrangements with almost all of the organizations across both borders for their 800 MHz spectrum.  It is waiting while each over the border organization changes and tests everything that they need to change and test so that Sprint can start broadcasting 1x and LTE on that spectrum without causing interference.  As the cross border organizations let Sprint know that they are fine to start using 800 MHz in an area, Sprint starts to turn it on.  The optimization process after it is turned on can take a period of many months so the signal will be set to low power when it is first turned on.

You will see 800 MHz start to be used in certain IBEZ areas before it is available in others.  It is totally dependent on the across the border organization as to when Sprint is free to use various parts of their 800 MHz licenses in the IBEZ area.  You may also see 1x (voice and very slow data) carriers in use before LTE as 1x carriers use a small swath of spectrum that may be easier to clear first.

• Like 4

According to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ link under The Hub link at the top of each page):

This is the area where spectrum use is under agreement with another country due to the fact that radio waves do not stop at country borders. If one country's radio waves interfere with another country's radio waves, that is a major concern to the country being interfered with. The US has agreements with Canada and Mexico to ensure that radio signal interference is kept to a minimum.

Based on what I have read here, Sprint has already worked out arrangements with almost all of the organizations across both borders for their 800 MHz spectrum. It is waiting while each over the border organization changes and tests everything that they need to change and test so that Sprint can start broadcasting 1x and LTE on that spectrum without causing interference. As the cross border organizations let Sprint know that they are fine to start using 800 MHz in an area, Sprint starts to turn it on. The optimization process after it is turned on can take a period of many months so the signal will be set to low power when it is first turned on.

You will see 800 MHz start to be used in certain IBEZ areas before it is available in others. It is totally dependent on the across the border organization as to when Sprint is free to use various parts of their 800 MHz licenses in the IBEZ area. You may also see 1x (voice and very slow data) carriers in use before LTE as 1x carriers uses a small swath of spectrum that may be easier to clear first.

Excellent answers!

I really learned a lot from your post! [emoji106]

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Please post at least some description of the link's topic, first because the link is usually truncated on-screen, and second, so readers have some idea of what they may be linking to.

Something like "Sprint's 800 MHz LTE plans get boost after senators urge State Dept. to pressure Mexico on rebanding".

Thanks.

• Like 4

Please post at least some description of the link's topic, first because the link is usually truncated on-screen, and second, so readers have some idea of what they may be linking to.

Something like "Sprint's 800 MHz LTE plans get boost after senators urge State Dept. to pressure Mexico on rebanding".

Thanks.

Sorry.  Yes, that is good thinking.  I will do that next time.

So is Phoenix effected by ibez or is the delay here just maricopa county?

My understanding is B26 is delayed in Phoenix due to Maricopa County, and Tuscon is delayed due to IBEZ.

• Like 1

So, deathstar is buying Nextel Mexico. What do you bet rebanding is going to take even longer now.

AT&T has nothing to gain by delaying the re-tuning of Nextel Mexico's 800MHz holdings.   

• Like 1

Just like they have nothing to gain by delaying backhaul for competitors cell sites? Just like they have nothing to gain by implementing low bandwidth caps after they start offering uverse TV? Or when they try to buy T-Mobile just to eliminate a competitor? You underestimate how unscrupulous they are my friend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Like 4

My understanding is B26 is delayed in Phoenix due to Maricopa County, and Tuscon is delayed due to IBEZ.

Tucson here, hopefully things get going soon!  Not a single B41 or B26 site live here yet, so we're all still relying on B25.

• Like 1

Tucson here, hopefully things get going soon!  Not a single B41 or B26 site live here yet, so we're all still relying on B25.

Ouch!  I didn't realize there was no B41 at all.  

• 1 month later...

Any news on B26 (800mhz) LTE in either Tucson or Seattle because B25 is seriously not cutting it.  The Sprint CEO hinted at the start of B26 deployment when he spoke a little while back but he was not specific as far as I remember.  Does anyone have any idea when the 800mhz rollout may start in either of these cities?

Just like they have nothing to gain by delaying backhaul for competitors cell sites? Just like they have nothing to gain by implementing low bandwidth caps after they start offering uverse TV? Or when they try to buy T-Mobile just to eliminate a competitor? You underestimate how unscrupulous they are my friend.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

This is slightly off topic, and an older post, but I just got caught up on this thread. Surpringly, AT&T has been one of the better backhaul providers. They are the main provider for this part of Missouri, and have delivered on-time or early, such that as soon as NV equipment is installed, everything is ready to fire up LTE. And... have been responsive enough to increase bandwidth quickly, keeping B26 and B41 running smoothly. 

• Like 5

Just wanted to let everyone know in case it hasn't been pointed out yet. Birmingham, Alabama has 5x5 LTE on SMR now and also 1x800 Voice as well. This is also a market with another provider called SouthernLINC using SMR and they are running iDEN still today.

• Like 2