Everything 800mhz (1xA, LTE, coverage, timeline, etc)

Do we know if the Note 2's issue with 1x 800 is hardware or software?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

No idea, no one at Sprint that you can get a hold of knows the answer or even understands what is currently in place with 2xxx.  I've only see a handful of people say they had issues and they were Shentel market folks and also it fits right in with when the national PRL had the Shentel 800SMR SID added.  I'm surprised it has gone on this long and has not been corrected. 

It doesn't bother me those as I just run another PRL with 800SMR and roll with it but unfortunately Ericsson has been dragging their feet in my area on 800SMR.

• Like 1

No idea, no one at Sprint that you can get a hold of knows the answer or even understands what is currently in place with 2xxx.  I've only see a handful of people say they had issues and they were Shentel market folks and also it fits right in with when the national PRL had the Shentel 800SMR SID added.  I'm surprised it has gone on this long and has not been corrected. 

It doesn't bother me those as I just run another PRL with 800SMR and roll with it but unfortunately Ericsson has been dragging their feet in my area on 800SMR.

Yeah Ericsson's 800mhz rollout has been disappointing at best.  I think there are only 3 towers in Florida that are accepted for 800mhz and none of them are actually broadcasting it yet :/

Yeah Ericsson's 800mhz rollout has been disappointing at best. I think there are only 3 towers in Florida that are accepted for 800mhz and none of them are actually broadcasting it yet :/

I believe the few 800 acceptances in Florida were from over eager inspectors wanting to sign off on all the equipment. It may have even been one inspector. Because they all started being accepted at the same time, then stopped. As if someone was corrected. "Hey man, we're not accepting the 800 yet!"

Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the authority to make CDMA1X 800 acceptance reports and have made plenty in my home state.  So, if you want more CDMA1X 800 acceptance reports, all you need to do is pay me to come to your town because I have the spectrum analyzer, engineering screen know how, and S4GRU street cred.

AJ

Ha ha, yes, then come to Atlanta!  Can I pay you in fried chicken and/or waffles??  But, seriously, if I'm connected to 800 and running signal check (lite), then my screen should display the signal strength on line #1 for "1x800" instead of "1xRTT," right?  Because right now it's showing "1xRTT."  

To be clear, if I'm connecting to 800 then signal check (even this lite version I'm running) would tell me, correct?

• Like 1

But, seriously, if I'm connected to 800 and running signal check (lite), then my screen should display the signal strength on line #1 for "1x800" instead of "1xRTT," right? Because right now it's showing "1xRTT."

To be clear, if I'm connecting to 800 then signal check (even this lite version I'm running) would tell me, correct?

Yep, exactly.. the "1xRTT" will change to "1X 800".

-Mike

• Like 1

really? Like if a tower is near the interstate, Lol it puts the dot right on the interstate. But it's within 10 ft of being accurate here. It's 99% accurate.

I'm not even sure what that means. There's some random letters in the middle of the sentence. 

• Like 1

I should flash ur PRL on my mothers Note 2. I know before the 2000 prl, she was connecting to 800 just fine

I'm not even sure what that means. There's some random letters in the middle of the sentence. 

Okay, let me dumb it down for you lol. I'll open signalcheck/netmonitor and click the address below the connection type and it will take me to google maps and it will show a red dot for where the tower is and a blue dot for my current location. When I go to the red dot, the tower is within ten to thirty feet within that red dot.

I should flash ur PRL on my mothers Note 2. I know before the 2000 prl, she was connecting to 800 just fine

I would advise against that as you could connect to a testing 800SMR site.  I would put the regular stock PRL on there for LTE Worldphones.  Think it's 55xxx if I remember right.

• Like 1

Okay, let me dumb it down for you lol. I'll open signalcheck/netmonitor and click the address below the connection type and it will take me to google maps and it will show a red dot for where the tower is and a blue dot for my current location. When I go to the red dot, the tower is within ten to thirty feet within that red dot.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  <_<  :wall:

No duh. Every time you insert a 'lol' into a sentence, it makes it unreadable. 

• Like 3

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  <_<  :wall:

No duh. Every time you insert a 'lol' into a sentence, it makes it unreadable. 

I like this better:

okay, letm e u mit down for ypou lpol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11~~~~~ olollolololololo 1l7 open signa7cheX0r/netmonitor and cliX0r teh afdress below th3 conncrt1on type and it will tAKe me to goofle maps and it will show a r3d dot for where teh to\\\\////\\\\////ar si aand a blue dot for My current location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11~~~~~ lollololololololololo~~~ when i go to teh red dot, teh otwer si within ten to thirtyf ee tw1thi nthat Redd dot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1~~~~~~

• Like 4

LOL!

-Mike :P

• Like 1

IF my market can, Why can't others?

There are all kinds of weird magical inconsistencies like this in the NV roll out - the only people who might know are the people doing the actual installs.

There are all kinds of weird magical inconsistencies like this in the NV roll out - the only people who might know are the people doing the actual installs.

You'd think that the markets would at least communicate about small details. Or do they not talk at all with each other?

It isn't so much an inconsistency, it is chaotic however.  The only folks that have up to the minute answers are the executives of the company contracted to do installation.  Even then there is NO single person that has all answers even within a given market as so many variables exist, backhaul, permits, crew availability. If i called James or Brian up neither would give me a specific date as to when they would be out on it, the crews themselves may not even know where to report until 10 PM the night before. 

You'd think that the markets would at least communicate about small details. Or do they not talk at all with each other?

Markets don't communicate on the contractor level, Unless you have a contractor that has crews deployed over several markets.  

I understand the 'chaotic' nature of a massive nationwide rollout that, despite what some people think, is very fast-paced considering the scale of the project.  I work with many different communications contractors at worksites quite often, and most of them don't receive their assignments until they show up for work that morning.  Don't forget, while there are only three vendors responsible for different geographical areas, there are many many smaller contractors doing the actual work.  And some sites probably have more than one company doing different pieces of the puzzle.

However, do find it a little surprising that a specification such as how to set the base station coordinates wasn't explicitly given on either a national or at least "Big 3" level.  It's a piece of programming you would expect to be on a checklist somewhere.  I would somewhat understand if offsets were an Alcatel-Lucent thing and actual locations were an Ericsson thing.. but it just seems to be random, with pockets of true coordinates in scattered areas, and offsets in others.

From a technical standpoint, I believe each site's true coordinates are configured somewhere for E-911 purposes, correct?  Perhaps there is a "publicly broadcast offset location" bit somewhere that some contractors enable, and some don't?

-Mike

I understand the 'chaotic' nature of a massive nationwide rollout that, despite what some people think, is very fast-paced considering the scale of the project. I work with many different communications contractors at worksites quite often, and most of them don't receive their assignments until they show up for work that morning. Don't forget, while there are only three vendors responsible for different geographical areas, there are many many smaller contractors doing the actual work. And some sites probably have more than one company doing difference pieces of the puzzle.

However, do find it a little surprising that a specification such as how to set the base station coordinates wasn't explicitly given on either a national or at least "Big 3" level. It's a piece of programming you would expect to be on a checklist somewhere. I would somewhat understand if offsets were an Alcatel-Lucent thing and actual locations were an Ericsson thing.. but it just seems to be random, with pockets of true coordinates in scattered areas, and offsets in others.

From a technical standpoint, I believe each site's true coordinates are configured somewhere for E-911 purposes, correct? Perhaps there is a "publicly broadcast offset location" bit somewhere that some contractors enable, and some don't?

-Mike

Network location is usually handled at the device level for 911. Is there any pattern for the offsets? More at the coasts, less in the middle of the country?

Sent from my EVO LTE

Network location is usually handled at the device level for 911. Is there any pattern for the offsets? More at the coasts, less in the middle of the country?

I know the device reports its location for 911, but I believe the sites do as well.. something must report the location of the site, because (at least in MA) I know the 911 system can triangulate the position of a wireless caller on an older non-GPS device.

In MA and NH, every Sprint site I have found uses the offset.  Every US Cellular site I have roamed on in NH reports the exact location, so I know it's not me or my app :)

-Mike

• Like 1