Photon Q 3G Icon Arrow Issue

owensri2

Anyone else notice that at random times, the 3G icon arrows will not work, but data continues? It's the only thing that really annoys me about the Photon Q.

I haven't had this bug manifest itself to me, yet. However, I am only on Day Four. ;)

Robert

I haven't really noticed this either, but then I don't really pay much attention to the arrows unless the data *isn't* moving.

I also hope someone comes up with a 1x indicator mod for the phone....I had this for ages on my Epic and its frustrating going back to always seeing 3G showing regardless of whether its legit or not.

• Like 1

I haven't really noticed this either, but then I don't really pay much attention to the arrows unless the data *isn't* moving.

I also hope someone comes up with a 1x indicator mod for the phone....I had this for ages on my Epic and its frustrating going back to always seeing 3G showing regardless of whether its legit or not.

I had that problem with my EVO Shift and when I rooted and put a custom ROM, I was so happy. Now with the Viper, I've been stuck with the 3G icon all the time :( , so I feel your pain. At least the Photon Q will have custom ROMs before the Viper it seems.

I miss having 1X indicated, but I do know I sometimes am using 1X 'cause neither WiFi nor 3G is shown, but I'm still moving data... ;)

Sent from Photon Q LTE - Tapatalk

I had that problem with my EVO Shift and when I rooted and put a custom ROM, I was so happy. Now with the Viper, I've been stuck with the 3G icon all the time :( , so I feel your pain. At least the Photon Q will have custom ROMs before the Viper it seems.

There are no custom ROMs for the Viper? Maybe I do need to pick one up...

Gingerbread :angry:

Sent via CleanROM DE using Tapatalk 2

There are no custom ROMs for the Viper? Maybe I do need to pick one up...

Gingerbread :angry:

Strangely enough, the guys over at Android Central have found that LG is releasing source code for ICS on the Viper. Sounds like most of them are having a hard time building from source.

WAIT!

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp Type in LGLS840 in the model name and select Mobile Phone in the category, and there are 3 ICS source code files!

Strangely enough, the guys over at Android Central have found that LG is releasing source code for ICS on the Viper. Sounds like most of them are having a hard time building from source.

WAIT!

http://www.lg.com/global/support/opensource/opensource.jsp Type in LGLS840 in the model name and select Mobile Phone in the category, and there are 3 ICS source code files!

Strange that they have 3 different ICS kernels available to build, but haven't released anything.

Strange that they have 3 different ICS kernels available to build, but haven't released anything.

Rumors on the LG Viper Android Central forums stated possible problems with Sprint bloatware. I can believe it if it's true.

Why are there LG Viper ICS comments in a Photon Q LTE thread? Can these get moved please?

It started as a comment about the lack of 1x distinguishing on the Viper like the Photon Q, and how the Photon Q at least has more support for custom ROMs. From there, it kinda just continued on.

Blame the Apple guy! :lol: (Sorry Josh, couldn't resist B) )

:jedi:

• 1 month later...

Was going to post about this but found this thread -- I specifically noticed this on my Q after we got EHRPD.

Occasionally it just drops data indication and the bars go grey, although data appears to be flowing. Other times there will be no data... It seems to happen around cell handoffs. I've also noticed that it occasionally will go from blue to grey (loss of Google sync?), even though the 3G icon stays in place.

Could it possibly be trying to hit LTE in certain areas that is there but not publically available? I noticed it did this a number of times in Boston when I went there before we got the EHRPD in Washington, but didn't think anything of it since I figured I was just handoff weirdness with only 10 pct of the sites done there... But about 2 weeks after I got home, the EHRPD showed up, and this happens at least a few times a day...

Nat