Any tips about swapping active phone on Sprint?

DaQue

It is a bit early to be asking this as I won't be getting a new phone for another month or so when the Note 2's hit, but i'll go ahead and ask. Some of you guys swap phones in and out a lot. Any tips for doing the web only free active phone swap? Was thinking keeping the required data on a Color Note for the other phone so I could just phone A to swap to phone B but thought you guys who do it a lot might have a better way.

Could be Sprint has a button for each phone, heck I don't know I never had more than one phone on a network.

I change devices all the time. It's a pain to change from WiMax to LTE devices. It usually involves a phone call or a chat session with a Sprint CSR. Some people don't have an issue with it, but i do.

However, a WiMax to WiMax change or LTE to LTE change you can do online easily. Just sign into your account, and then on your page where it displays your account devices, select the drop down button and hit the activate new device. Easy to do. I do it several times per week.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

• Like 2

This reminds me someone on my plan has an upgrade available and I was wondering could they get the phone from the evo 4g to activate her line on the new phone then swap mine and her phone out. Cause she wants my iPhone 4S and I want the Evo or GS3?

I change devices all the time. It's a pain to change from WiMax to LTE devices. It usually involves a phone call or a chat session with a Sprint CSR. Some people don't have an issue with it, but i do.

However, a WiMax to WiMax change or LTE to LTE change you can do online easily. Just sign into your account, and then on your page where it displays your account devices, select the drop down button and hit the activate new device. Easy to do. I do it several times per week.

Robert via Moto Photon Q using Forum Runner

and when I mean evo I mean the newest one

I thought when I switched back to my evo3d from iphone5 that it said I was renewing my contract or something.

I switched back to the i5 last night and it wasn't the contract that was renewing, but changing the phone causes you to change the plan, at least when switching wimax/lte phones.

There is big warning that if you switch plans you can not switch back to an unsupported plan later.

Im missing something i have a 450 minute and data plan for my old Wimax Evo, its $69 plus $10 plus who knows for a total $90.75 a month. Won't I have the same plan when I go to a my new phone, most likely a Note 2 unless I freak when I seen one up close. Its not a different plan just because one is LTE and one is WIMAX is it? I don't want to have 2 plans just to be able to use the EVO some times to watch Youtube.

Your plan will not change, but it can be difficult to switch between an LTE device and a WiMax device. I could not switch between my EVO 3D and EVO LTE on my own, I had to put in a call to Sprint to make the switch. At least the last time. For some the switch online works. Regardless, the plan is the same.

• Like 1

I must be paranoid or something. I just keep thinking they will charge me and I will find out when I get the bill a month later. A long time ago I had a old Motorola bag phone and drove a round trip from Kansas to Illinois and back and got a big surprise in the mail for roaming when I just had the phone on and didn't even make a call. Don't remember the carrier. Gosh I've turned in the grumpy old guy who lives down the street and says "that's how they get you" about everything.

Im missing something i have a 450 minute and data plan for my old Wimax Evo, its $69 plus $10 plus who knows for a total $90.75 a month. Won't I have the same plan when I go to a my new phone, most likely a Note 2 unless I freak when I seen one up close. Its not a different plan just because one is LTE and one is WIMAX is it? I don't want to have 2 plans just to be able to use the EVO some times to watch Youtube.

The reason your plan "changes", is because of the provisioning services on the account level that they have to set on your account for LTE. Some computer code differences between WiMax & LTE. The price will stay the same, though. It's weird.

I must be paranoid or something. I just keep thinking they will charge me and I will find out when I get the bill a month later. A long time ago I had a old Motorola bag phone and drove a round trip from Kansas to Illinois and back and got a big surprise in the mail for roaming when I just had the phone on and didn't even make a call. Don't remember the carrier. Gosh I've turned in the grumpy old guy who lives down the street and says "that's how they get you" about everything.

I activate so many phones every month and Sprint has never had a billing error on my account. Even though there may be dozens of pro rates, my bill amount is always the same...unless my wife buys something from Google Play and accidentally charges it to the account. But that is a whole 'nother subject.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 3