Network Vision/LTE - Northern Jersey Market

hihater

It's bleedover from Manhattan. There are still no LTE sites accepted complete in the Northern Jersey market as of yesterday.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Does that apply for all of Northern Jersey? Spring Valley, Nanuet, Monsey would seem to be pretty far over for bleedover.

So what's the range of LTE sites? I just started to see the LTE signal on my iPhone 5 this morning on my light rail trip on the Hudson-Bergen line while going through parts of Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken. Are these coming from the LTE sites that are starting to come on line in Manhattan along the West Side Highway?

So what's the range of LTE sites? I just started to see the LTE signal on my iPhone 5 this morning on my light rail trip on the Hudson-Bergen line while going through parts of Jersey City, Hoboken, Weehawken. Are these coming from the LTE sites that are starting to come on line in Manhattan along the West Side Highway?

The range is two blocks to ten miles. Each site is specifically engineered. There is no answer to your question. Every site is unique. In urban areas, they engineer the cells to be very small to serve a dense customer base. In rural flat areas they can set up a tower to serve a 10 mile diameter in the best circumstances. Everything else is somewhere in between.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Yes, you would be safe in that assumption.

I picked up LTE in Jersey City off the Holland Tunnel...Sadly, im pretty sure this is also bleedover from downtown Manhattan. On a brighter note I got great 3G speeds around baldwin and 139..1.5mb down/900k up; 80ping..

First LTE site accepted today in the Northern Jersey market. It's on the east side of Parsippany along I-80. It will be shown on the NV Sites Complete sponsor map tonight when it updates. :tu:

Robert

• Like 3

First LTE site accepted today in the Northern Jersey market. It's on the east side of Parsippany along I-80. It will be shown on the NV Sites Complete sponsor map tonight when it updates. :tu:

Robert

...Yep, I was passing by there last night around 12:30AM and was surprised to see LTE pop up on my phone. Promptly did a speed test and got 17.67Mbps down / 7.06Mbps up. Really hope more sites go live in Parsippany soon! The time I've spent without LTE is too damn high!

• Like 2

...Yep, I was passing by there last night around 12:30AM and was surprised to see LTE pop up on my phone. Promptly did a speed test and got 17.67Mbps down / 7.06Mbps up. Really hope more sites go live in Parsippany soon! The time I've spent without LTE is too damn high!

I'll just leave this here for you:

37458825.jpg

• Like 2

Got 4g on and off now in Garfield NJ. Just woke up to it thought I was dreaming

Great to hear this! Install Sensorly app, if your still rocking an android phone and see if you can get some of that LTE mapped..

Got LTE signal on the parkway northbound by clifton paterson border. My data service has been disconnecting alot the past few days, like if they were shutting down towers to work on them.

Didn't get any this morning. I get off on 19

Sent from my EVO

I picked up a LTE signal on New Road (near the Wawa) and Route 280/Ridgedale Ave in Parsippany/East Hanover this afternoon.

Here is a speed test I ran on my home from work: Good DL, terrible UP

11rvfup.jpg

Edited by MXPS

I'm connecting to LTE on the parkway northbound also. Around exit 155 but it disconnects around 157. Also for some reason sensorly hasnt been working on my EVO, if not i would have taken a better screenshot

• 2 weeks later...

I was heading south from Elizabeth this morning around 2AM when Signal Check alerted me about 4G, put down about 317 points of 4g data on Sensorly along NJTP heading back to Virginia

• 3 weeks later...

Picked up an LTE signal getting off the bus on Bergenline Ave and 77th street in North Bergen yesterday!

A few speed tests averaged 10-11mbps, not bad at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lotta new accepted sites in bergen county.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Can you elaborate ? I am in Ramsey Ridgewood area. I do see some LTE in Edgewater @ 10 meg ud/6 up.. greatly varies