darnell89

Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

I have 4g uptown at college and 5th.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

B41 LTE has been unavailable periodically for the last 24 hours and I've dropped to 3G (EVDO) for periods of time over the last 6 days.  What shocked me was just how usable 3G has become.  I was streaming Google Play Music (high quality setting) without issue :)  That is a new one for me since 3G used to be unusable.

I've had no problems (at least, no more problems than usual :P ) on LTE at UNCC. Everything is working as normal as ever for me.

-Anthony

I still find many places in Charlotte that I hit unusable 3g. Mint Hill area can be bad when I can't get 4g. Was surprised how many bad spots I saw on 485 still between mint Hill and 77

I still find many places in Charlotte that I hit unusable 3g. Mint Hill area can be bad when I can't get 4g. Was surprised how many bad spots I saw on 485 still between mint Hill and 77

Welcome to the area where I work and play :D Lol

-Anthony

BTW, not sure if we've mentioned it before, but there is a new cell site on UNCC's campus, and guess who's on it?? Not Sprint! But T-Mobile, AT&T and maybe Verizon are on it/will be on it. I'm hoping that Sprint hops on it eventually when NGN kicks into gear here, because God knows that we could use the coverage/capacity!

Link to the post from IT Services for UNCC talking about it: http://itservices.uncc.edu/itconnections-stories/issue/new-cell-tower

-Anthony

• Like 1

My Mom and Sister are on my family plan and they live in that area. I'm between Midland and Mount Pleasant, so not great service 's expected there! Although I did turn my Airave off a couple of weeks ago and have been getting calls with no issues. There has been much progress, but still a ways to go.

My Mom and Sister are on my family plan and they live in that area. I'm between Midland and Mount Pleasant, so not great service 's expected there! Although I did turn my Airave off a couple of weeks ago and have been getting calls with no issues. There has been much progress, but still a ways to go.

Oh yes, voice/text service is miles better than pre-NV. Data is where the focus needs to be now.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Oh yes, voice/text service is miles better than pre-NV. Data is where the focus needs to be now.

-Anthony

It's been like 2+ years since we've gotten a new macro and the competition hasn't been standing still. They need to do something and they need to do it now.
  • Like 3

It's been like 2+ years since we've gotten a new macro and the competition hasn't been standing still. They need to do something and they need to do it now.

I think if Sprint put equipment on ~50% of the Nextel sites that they aren't colocated on already, it would make they're network very competitive here.

-Anthony

• Like 2

LTE just came back on uptown

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk