Network Vision/LTE - Charlotte Market

darnell89

Damn yall are ridiculous lol. I also call it the triangle, and RTP is a section of raleigh/durham/chapel hill although I would argue to include morrisville and a small part of Cary in there too...

Whatever you want to call it, we're in dire need of NV lol. I did a Wimax speed test yesterday (which I was very lucky to get a signal indoors) and got 800 kbps down and 200 up. Then the signal dropped. 3G was 160 kbps down/85 up. It's almost like having old AOL dial up for your phone...

I tried to give you guys some insight on the area... don't kill the messenger.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

Damn yall are ridiculous lol. I also call it the triangle, and RTP is a section of raleigh/durham/chapel hill although I would argue to include morrisville and a small part of Cary in there too...

Whatever you want to call it, we're in dire need of NV lol. I did a Wimax speed test yesterday (which I was very lucky to get a signal indoors) and got 800 kbps down and 200 up. Then the signal dropped. 3G was 160 kbps down/85 up. It's almost like having old AOL dial up for your phone...

I have no insight, nor 4G. Only...

Khlav Kalash!

khlav-khalash.jpg?w=500&h=440

• Like 2

Damn yall are ridiculous lol. I also call it the triangle' date=' and RTP is a section of raleigh/durham/chapel hill although I would argue to include morrisville and a small part of Cary in there too...

Whatever you want to call it, we're in dire need of NV lol. I did a Wimax speed test yesterday (which I was very lucky to get a signal indoors) and got 800 kbps down and 200 up. Then the signal dropped. 3G was 160 kbps down/85 up. It's almost like having old AOL dial up for your phone...[/quote']

AOL was 56k theoretical max. Talk to Phoenix or Detroit residents about those WiMax speeds...

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 1

New to Sprint, got tired of paying Verizon $378 a mnth. Does anyone have insight into when, New Bern NC, will get better 3G or maybe even 4g. Thanks for any help!

Welcome Aboard!!

From what I've seen, you're looking at 2013 for your Network Vision and 4G LTE upgrades. Although, you might get some minor 3G upgrades before then.

Bookmark the following link for the latest Network Vision deployment info.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Interesting convo here....as one that lives here the area is referred to as either RTP, or the triangle...no one calls it Research Triangle constantly, here...lived here my whole life so I'd know. :)

And if u wanna get all yuppie about it in the Raleigh area your either ITB or not...that's Inside the Beltline, btw...ITB group is a diff breed though....one that likes things like sailboatong and such...jkjk meant no offense if any ITBrs r here. Lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I am going to come out of hiding on this thread to ask the question I have been looking for an answer to for awhile now. It is not about what the RDU area is called though lol...

I am in the Myrtle Beach area and now have an EVO 4G LTE phone. I waited forever for us to get Wimax and we never did now I am waiting for LTE. Best I can tell we are not in the first two "rounds"... so when WILL we get coverage? I know no one knows for sure, but what about? I am a phone geek and hate running on the horrible 3G we have here, my iPhone (on Edge 2G with Simple Mobile) actually does better many times, which is sad... Makes my unlimited data seem rather limited. BUT I have been patent and will be for awhile longer...

I hope for all that are or may be on sprint that we will get sprint LTE soon. And I am glad I won't or should not need to use it for home internet!

Edited by 4ktvs

I am going to come out of hiding on this thread to ask the question I have been looking for an answer to for awhile now. It is not about what the RDU area is called though lol...

I am in the Myrtle Beach area and now have an EVO 4G LTE phone. I waited forever for us to get Wimax and we never did now I am waiting for LTE. Best I can tell we are not in the first two "rounds"... so when WILL we get coverage? I know no one knows for sure' date=' but what about? I am a phone geek and hate running on the horrible 3G we have here, my iPhone (on Edge 2G with Simple Mobile) actually does better many times, which is sad... Makes my unlimited data seem rather limited. BUT I have been patent and will be for awhile longer...[/quote']

The Myrtle Beach market will not start Network Vision/LTE deployment until 2013. WiMax was never planned to go nationwide in every market. But LTE is planned to go nationwide over the entire 3G network coverage area. So, even though you have to continue to wait, at least this time there will be a day when you get LTE.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• 1 month later...

Uptown Charlotte just got some upgrades in the last week. As seen on network.sprint.com. I can now get 3G inside my building where it was hopelessly slow before. Speeds improved from 10kbps to 800kbps.

Now, supposedly the upgrades shown on network.sprint.com are not the real Network Vision upgrades. And I know they are working on NV in the Charlotte area now. So maybe the uptown coverage will get even better? (Somehow I doubt this.)

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

Here in Salisbury I've noticed a couple towers lately lose 3G altogether (could only connect 1x or phone would roam). I doubt seriously it had anything to do with NV, even though one of the towers wouldn't connect for like a week.

I've lost 3G a couple of times lately and I can't help but wonder if some preliminary work is being done to prep for NV but I have not seen any visible evidence of this at my local tower site. I've notice my pings have dropped closer to the lower ~110-130ms range depending on the server. Previously I could never get lower than ~180ms. This makes me wonder if the new backhaul has been connected to the existing pre-NV equipment. Speeds still drop down to about 300Kb/s at peak times though. I cannot wait to have a better/faster network.

See screenshot: this is uptown Charlotte, middle of a workday, indoors. As recently as last week Sprint's network was completely unusable.

42576f3e-d301-d3b2.jpg

Sent from my Full Android on Crespo4G using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I drove by one tower in North Raleigh today that was scheduled to start NV work a couple weeks ago. New panels and RRU's seem to be up. Took a picture, but it's from my crappy Hero. I'll upload later once I can get it on my PC and if it looks worthwhile. Ran a speed test and got the following results:

ping: 137ms

dl: 1188kbps

ul: 508kbps

Don't have an LTE phone to see if 4G was active. There's a Sprint store right in front of the tower but I didn't have time to stop in and check it on one of their store phones.

• Like 1

I believe I got my first exposure to NV 3g speeds ! I drive by this tower daily ( CR22XC004 ) on I-485 and Rea Rd. and typically get .30 to .50 mbps down at around 5pm but today I got this !

236382066.png

As I drove past I could see a crew there working. I was beginning to get a little worried as several towers near my work were scheduled for NV equipment install by now and I have seen nothing yet. Although they seem to be behind schedule it was exciting to see that they are out there and making progress ! :tu:

• Like 1

I drove by one tower in North Raleigh today that was scheduled to start NV work a couple weeks ago. New panels and RRU's seem to be up. Took a picture, but it's from my crappy Hero. I'll upload later once I can get it on my PC and if it looks worthwhile. Ran a speed test and got the following results:

ping: 137ms

dl: 1188kbps

ul: 508kbps

Don't have an LTE phone to see if 4G was active. There's a Sprint store right in front of the tower but I didn't have time to stop in and check it on one of their store phones.

Where is the tower?

Im also in Raleigh, not ITB, and I came here to see if I could glean anything about why service has been so crappy here. Im dropping calls all over the place, my data speeds are horrendous and Sprint keeps telling me everything is just fine.

Looks like maybe there is some NV rollouts.. I havent seen any faster speeds although I did managed to get over 1mb in WENDELL of all places today.