Network Vision/LTE - East Kentucky Market (Lexington)

lil_jimmy_norton

Alert! Alert! Alert! LTE is now live in Frankfort! I just completed an initial mapping with Sensorly. The signal started where I didn't expect it, but when I saw it I started mapping. The latest excepted site is not transmitting yet, but should be soon. It took over a week to 2 weeks for the first site to start transmitting. Another good day today!!

Thanks again to you Robert for all you do!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Alert! Alert! Alert! LTE is now live in Frankfort! I just completed an initial mapping with Sensorly. The signal started where I didn't expect it, but when I saw it I started mapping. The latest excepted site is not transmitting yet, but should be soon. It took over a week to 2 weeks for the first site to start transmitting. Another good day today!! Thanks again to you Robert for all you do! Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

It looks like a tower somewhere between Lawrenceburg and the 127/BG Parkway intersection went live as well. They're moving at a nice clip right right now

• Like 1

I got 24.14 at Hamburg Target on Saturday. Had to check to make sure I hadn't left wireless on and logged into Target's Wifi.

I got 12.21 here at Lexmark just a few minutes ago.

Seems like I'm getting 4G LTE more places around Lexington than not.

I do have a question. When they are finished with the Lexington implementation, what can we expect as an average Mbs?

Frank Hamilton

Spent the day with the lady doing some mapping in the Nicholasville/South Lex/Wilmore area. Purple is now south of the large bridge over the Kentucky river and approaching the intersection with 34! It's growing, we just need to keep the temp down and the ground dry so the crews can work.

Also did some speedtests at Brannon Crossing and was kinda disappointed to see <2mb speeds and triple digit pings in comparison to the 6mb I had a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure backhaul and other details are still being worked on...

Edited by xdfgf

• 2 weeks later...

All this Sprint LTE progress in Lexington is awesome! If anyone is near the Nicholasville Rd/E Tiverton Way area, could someone do some Sensorly mapping there? I don't have a LTE capable device at the moment, but hoping that'll change soon!

• Like 1

All this Sprint LTE progress in Lexington is awesome! If anyone is near the Nicholasville Rd/E Tiverton Way area, could someone do some Sensorly mapping there? I don't have a LTE capable device at the moment, but hoping that'll change soon!

I did mapping there awhile ago, no new towers.  Around Tiverton you will get 1 bar of LTE at best, you are directly between the tower by Regency, and the tower south of Brannon Crossing!

Service in Danville, Nicholasville, and Lancaster at peak times has degraded lately in my opinion. I'm regularly finding my data connection timing out on 3g and performing at pre-NV speeds while on LTE and experiencing several dropped calls. It hasn't even been soft launched yet so I won't bitch about it too loudly, but at this point I expect it can only get better.

Service in Danville, Nicholasville, and Lancaster at peak times has degraded lately in my opinion. I'm regularly finding my data connection timing out on 3g and performing at pre-NV speeds while on LTE and experiencing several dropped calls. It hasn't even been soft launched yet so I won't bitch about it too loudly, but at this point I expect it can only get better.

I assume this is normal.  Sometimes I drop calls, and roam driving down Nicholisville Rd near downtown Lexington.  That has NEVER happened before.  By my house before they turned on LTE I was roaming, and dropping calls left and right.  I expect this when they are messing with towers.

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up in Wyndham Downs (Clays Mill Extended just outside Man O' War Blvd).  That's where my mom still lives.  Service there on Sprint is notoriously difficult due to its location between several towers...rather in the middle of a Sprint Service Bermuda triangle.  I imagine LTE on 800 mhz should help this by early next year.  Hopefully inside of Q1.  However, my original GS4 (assuming they are really making a tri band version by the holidays) is only 1900 mhz capable.  So..band 25 only.  But, even still, I'd love to see the coverage improve for those still living in the neighborhood who are still on Sprint!

While I was sitting at home (in Danville) doing some data backups I installed SignalCheck lite on my phone for my next road trip to Bowling Green in a week, but to my surprise LTE was popping up on the screen. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch, or what and I'm not sure how to take screenshots on my EVO LTE to post. A little more hope

• Like 1

While I was sitting at home (in Danville) doing some data backups I installed SignalCheck lite on my phone for my next road trip to Bowling Green in a week, but to my surprise LTE was popping up on the screen. I'm not sure if this is just a glitch, or what and I'm not sure how to take screenshots on my EVO LTE to post. A little more hope

Well scratch that. It continued flashing LTE on SignalCheck until a few minutes ago when I updated my PRL. Now it's nothing. 

In Danville today there was workers on the tower near Forrest Ave putting up what appeared to be NV panels and RRUs. From the "How to Identify" thread it looks like they've been wired for all Sprint bands but I was hesitant to approach the base since the last time I tried to take pictures the people next door called the police, so I'm not sure how much is complete with the site.

In Danville today there was workers on the tower near Forrest Ave putting up what appeared to be NV panels and RRUs. From the "How to Identify" thread it looks like they've been wired for all Sprint bands but I was hesitant to approach the base since the last time I tried to take pictures the people next door called the police, so I'm not sure how much is complete with the site

Wait, wait, wait - they CALLED THE FRACKING POLICE????  Um...what for?  To report that you were photographing the alien landing site?  What were these people thinking?  And what came of the situation?  I'm unbelievably curious.  Do tell!!  This is rich!!  

P.S...anyone getting LTE near Clays Mill and Man O' War yet on the South Side?  Sensorly shows a small blip near there but it's of course entirely possible that coverage is more widespread there than has yet been mapped.  I grew up there and would love to know!  Thanks!

Wait, wait, wait - they CALLED THE FRACKING POLICE????  Um...what for?  To report that you were photographing the alien landing site?  What were these people thinking?  And what came of the situation?  I'm unbelievably curious.  Do tell!!  This is rich!!  

P.S...anyone getting LTE near Clays Mill and Man O' War yet on the South Side?  Sensorly shows a small blip near there but it's of course entirely possible that coverage is more widespread there than has yet been mapped.  I grew up there and would love to know!  Thanks!

It was an older individual according to the police they thought I might be making plans to damage/sabotage it. The officer was pretty cool but asked that I delete the photos in case there was any issues afterwards. The access road to the tower goes right under some of their windows so if I get back over to it with a decent camera I'll try and snap some pictures and boogie out fast. I was using a Bushnell Spotting Scope from my Mom's yard and a nearby warehouse parking lot today to check out the work.

It was an older individual according to the police they thought I might be making plans to damage/sabotage it. The officer was pretty cool but asked that I delete the photos in case there was any issues afterwards. The access road to the tower goes right under some of their windows so if I get back over to it with a decent camera I'll try and snap some pictures and boogie out fast. I was using a Bushnell Spotting Scope from my Mom's yard and a nearby warehouse parking lot today to check out the work.

Well glad you made it out safely without any gunfire exchange or anything like that.  If chasing cell phone towers proves too dangerous a hobby, I suppose you could always become a CIA spy or something like that, seeing as you've already done some of the legwork.  ; 0 )

• Like 1

Just an update on the Forrest ave tower in Danville. It has 1 NV style antenna on each side (3 sides) with 3 RRUs behind each one, there appears to be 2 legacy antennas remaining on each side as well. Each antenna has all 6 cables plugged into it in the front for LTE, 800, and PCS, I'm leery to approach the base of the tower (see above) plus I'm not sure which equipment is which due to their being 5 sets of antennas on this location.

I also went to the Hightower Dr location to see if it has been installed but there was a lot of unfamiliar looking stuff and I had no camera (it's a much shorter tower than the others in the area) to grab images for us.

• 2 weeks later...