Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

that stretch needs a site it two. Been thru there many times.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

I'd probably say 3 total from the stretch from New London to Shawano. 1 south in between Clintonville and New London, 1 in Clintonville and 1 north of Clintonville between there and Shawano.

Granted you still have all of 45 to cover going west, but this would make a nice seamless transition and would cover a lot!

That road is extremely busy so it's not like they wouldn't be used.

• 2 weeks later...

Well... it looks like we're going places now...

I took a trip with my mom today, up to Stevens Point and Plover. Going from 54 through Waupaca (I'm here quite frequently) I FINALLY got 1x800 all the way through where I'd normally drop down to "No Service." 

However, the tower in Waupaca (which is a B41 confirmed LIVE tower) doesn't seem to broadcast any band LTE very far... Probably needs optimization. Fine. 

Heading up 10 going to Point... same thing, dropped LTE almost immediately. But again, this time I got 1x800 here too giving me service in normally a "No Service" stretch.

Once I got up to Point, B25 performed PHENOMENALLY. While B41 will definitely help once it comes, I'm very surprised I found no gaps up there to the point I was hardly ever put on B26.

The whole #GettingBetterEveryday is true. While I'd love to see LTE in more places, the last time I was up that way it was a night and day difference today. Having 1x800 in all the places I normally have "No Service", to a much more optimized and stable network in the car and in stores while there was just amazing.

Go Sprint, and more importantly, go Marcelo for being a kick ass CEO.  ;)

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Anybody having tower issues?

Anybody having tower issues?[/quot

I woke up this morning and phone was on 3g, normally I'm parked on -90 to-95db b41 signal. Hopefully they were making improvements.

Anybody having tower issues?[/quot

I woke up this morning and phone was on 3g, normally I'm parked on -90 to-95db b41 signal. Hopefully they were making improvements.

From about midnight to just before 4 this morning, my full NV build tower here in Greenville was 100% dead. I either had 1x800 connection at the other tower here in Greenville a mile or two down the road or I was roaming on U.S. Cellular. 

When I went to go check Down Detector's website, there was a massive red circle over Appleton, Milwaukee and Madison. So something definitely did happen, especially in Wisconsin.

• 1 month later...

Are calls and texts down for anyone else in Green bay?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

As of 10:12 pm centeral time I've had no issues. Sent and received texts and called my mom no problems. Both were near Appleton.

• 1 month later...

I have seen some pretty impressive speeds as well. Back on the 16th I got 59Mbs down near the airport on 172/Packerland.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought it had to be that Tower on Babcock because no other tower is close.  I'm still curious as to how well it will perform during a Packer game.  I will find out on Thanksgiving night!

• Like 1

I have seen some pretty impressive speeds as well. Back on the 16th I got 59Mbs down near the airport on 172/Packerland. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it had to be that Tower on Babcock because no other tower is close. I'm still curious as to how well it will perform during a Packer game. I will find out on Thanksgiving night!

It performed really well when I went to the Monday night game against Kansas City. But good news. Lambeau has Wi-Fi now that works really well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It performed really well when I went to the Monday night game against Kansas City. But good news. Lambeau has Wi-Fi now that works really well.

I have seen some pretty impressive speeds as well. Back on the 16th I got 59Mbs down near the airport on 172/Packerland.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I thought it had to be that Tower on Babcock because no other tower is close.  I'm still curious as to how well it will perform during a Packer game.  I will find out on Thanksgiving night!

Glad to see that Spark is actually working well. I don't get out to GB all that often, but from what I can tell at least 1/2 of the towers in the Green Bay area should have full builds by now. So speeds should definitely be on the increase as people get shifted on the optimized towers to the correct band.

Have you noticed any 3G holes? Or is B26 covering the gaps well?

mjs2011, I also want to remind you that I have the premier thread going for our market if you'd be interested in becoming a premier sponsor! Great information in there! 

Glad to see that Spark is actually working well. I don't get out to GB all that often, but from what I can tell at least 1/2 of the towers in the Green Bay area should have full builds by now. So speeds should definitely be on the increase as people get shifted on the optimized towers to the correct band.

Have you noticed any 3G holes? Or is B26 covering the gaps well?

mjs2011, I also want to remind you that I have the premier thread going for our market if you'd be interested in becoming a premier sponsor! Great information in there! 

I have noticed a few drops to 3G.  I can't say I've noticed it a lot in any specific area but it does happen.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap. Just pulled this in Appleton.

I'm about 90% sure which tower you pulled that from and if I'm correct, either they FINALLY optimized it correctly or they turned on B41 on a different tower.

Either way that's really impressive and just comes to show how far little ol' Appleton has come in the past couple years!

I don't have Carrier Aggregation (yet) but B412 has been popping up more and more over the past week on many B41 live sites. One of which I use frequently, I was able to only get 44 Mbps with one carrier as my best speedtest back in October of 2014. The moment I saw the second carrier symbol I ran another speedtest and immediately got 56 Mbps at 5 in the afternoon. At peak time of the day too! 

The moment I saw the second carrier symbol I ran another speedtest and immediately got 56 Mbps at 5 in the afternoon. At peak time of the day too!

Just think, with a CA device in that instance you would be pushing 100Mbps.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

I've been seeing the b41 with a small two next to it in Green Bay, was wondering what that was.

That means you're seeing the second B41 carrier on air, which means carrier aggregation is coming soon or already there.

If you have a newer device, you'll see much faster speeds.

Anyone else experiencing tower issues? I'm down to only 1x800 and nothing else as of about 1:50 am.