Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Exciting news! I've received the thumbs up from Robert and with the help of uecker87 to get started, I'll be creating a premier North Wisconsin map/spreadsheet thread for all of us to keep tabs on our towers and join in the B41 tracking fun!  :D

I'm still in the early stages of creating everything. But for the time being - so you can play along at home - we can start to track and getting confirmation on bands, GCI's, TAC's, and as we go along we can tweak it. Especially since I'm still learning as I go to.

Happy hunting! 

Let me know if you need any help, I will let you know. GCI are key to get everything going :). I can't wait to see the map/spreadsheet :tu:

• Like 1

Let me know if you need any help, I will let you know. GCI are key to get everything going :). I can't wait to see the map/spreadsheet :tu:

Awesome!! Yes, any help would be much appreciated! 

I'm still working on the spreadsheet as of now - which is the time consuming part right now - once I have the layout and info put in, I'll PM you.  :)

• Like 1

Quick update... I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the spreadsheet. Still need to start the map.

I'm attempting to make it as detailed as possible, for most I'm giving an exact address and I hope to link the coordinates to the site ID as well.

I'm playing the very difficult game of "lets find the hidden cell tower" on Google Maps, NOW I understand why some are still 3G and/or why backhaul could be an issue for some of these... Boy, oh, boy do they have them in some "unique" places! 

• Like 1

Quick update... I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the spreadsheet. Still need to start the map.

I'm attempting to make it as detailed as possible, for most I'm giving an exact address and I hope to link the coordinates to the site ID as well.

I'm playing the very difficult game of "lets find the hidden cell tower" on Google Maps, NOW I understand why some are still 3G and/or why backhaul could be an issue for some of these... Boy, oh, boy do they have them in some "unique" places! 

Let me know if I can help too! Helped set up the Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado, Missouri and Kansas sheets. ;)

Maybe Milwaukee too? Can't remember. 

• Like 1

Let me know if I can help too! Helped set up the Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado, Missouri and Kansas sheets. ;)

I think what I'll do is setup the thread this weekend - it'll be messy at first - but that way I can attempt to embed what I have in a post and so everyone can see what I have thus far. Plus that way we can quickly comment too.

Thank you both btw! The more hands on deck I have with this, the faster (and better) it will be!  :)

He does good work ;)

I think what I'll do is setup the thread this weekend - it'll be messy at first - but that way I can attempt to embed what I have in a post and so everyone can see what I have thus far. Plus that way we can quickly comment too.

Thank you both btw! The more hands on deck I have with this, the faster (and better) it will be!  :)

Your welcome, just let me know what you need me for :)

• Like 1

Premier thread is up! 

Very basic for now, but I don't want to accidentally give away any important information in this thread!  ;)

• Like 1

I'm on the last stretch of finishing up the base layout of the spreadsheet, and was wondering if you could both take a look at it for me? I'm still not 100% sure I have the whole "how to find GCI's" properly, but I put a few in that I'm a 100% sure are correct.

I will also need help on how to properly embed it and how to do the maps properly too. Any help is much appreciated!!  :)

I have the premier thread here!

• Like 1

I'm on the last stretch of finishing up the base layout of the spreadsheet, and was wondering if you could both take a look at it for me? I'm still not 100% sure I have the whole "how to find GCI's" properly, but I put a few in that I'm a 100% sure are correct.

I will also need help on how to properly embed it and how to do the maps properly too. Any help is much appreciated!!  :)

I have the premier thread here!

Looking at the speadsheet, It looks like you may need more gci, Before you make a forecast gci on them. Have Dkoellerwx(david) look at it, he did chicago forecast gci and embedded stuff.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Soooo.... while just looking around on Sensorly... I stumbled on some new purple.

Purple where there are no Sprint towers, and the closest one to it is actually one of my home towers. If you search Clintonville on Sensorly, you'll notice a semi dark purple strand starting at Clintonville going south to Highway 22 to Bear Creek. Everything south of that line, is mostly what I have mapped myself.

So either I stumbled on 1 of 2 things:

1.) There's a new Sprint tower in Clintonville that magically appeared  :tu:

2.) Sensorly goofed up like in North Dakota  :td:

Let us hope it's number 1, hopefully next weekend I can go take a look and see what we have.

• Like 2

Soooo.... while just looking around on Sensorly... I stumbled on some new purple.

Purple where there are no Sprint towers, and the closest one to it is actually one of my home towers. If you search Clintonville on Sensorly, you'll notice a semi dark purple strand starting at Clintonville going south to Highway 22 to Bear Creek. Everything south of that line, is mostly what I have mapped myself.

So either I stumbled on 1 of 2 things:

1.) There's a new Sprint tower in Clintonville that magically appeared :tu:

2.) Sensorly goofed up like in North Dakota :td:

Let us hope it's number 1, hopefully next weekend I can go take a look and see what we have.

3) Roaming coverage with Cell Com?

• Like 1

3) Roaming coverage with Cell Com?

Didn't think of that! Still hoping for number 1 though, fingers crossed.

Didn't think of that! Still hoping for number 1 though, fingers crossed.

#1 is most likely, using street view on google maps there is a tower not far from there that looked like it only had 1 provider on it. Is there a tower in Bear Creek too?

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be an outage in 54304 as all calls go to voicemail or a rapid busy signal. Near 41/Lombardi

Yep. Someone I know is having issues too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that Ashwaubenon zip code?

Wonder if tower work is going on that's affecting it... I know there was a tower acceptance in that area but I doubt that would affect calls.

Keep us posted!

Wasn't having problems before, but now yup... Can't get a text through in Waupaca/New London area.

Time to bombard the Sprint Zone app.

Texting started working for me again at around 8:20. 

I finally had time to take the trip up to Clintonville...

Good news and bad news... The LTE that is mapped in Clintonville is non-existent. It was roaming from Cellcom and US Cellular of that stretch.

However, I held onto 1x800 far beyond what I expected and many miles farther than what the voice maps state.

On my way though I saw multiple places where a "possible" site "could" go.

I finally had time to take the trip up to Clintonville...

Good news and bad news... The LTE that is mapped in Clintonville is non-existent. It was roaming from Cellcom and US Cellular of that stretch.

However, I held onto 1x800 far beyond what I expected and many miles farther than what the voice maps state.

On my way though I saw multiple places where a "possible" site "could" go.

that stretch needs a site it two. Been thru there many times.

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

• Like 1