Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

AWESOME!!! So do you think all the towers will become 4g active now then? It is depressing to go from 4g to 3g and then back and forth..

And to think, little Stevens Point is on the map!!!!!! :lol:

They are not working in any one community. They are working in the entire North Wisconsin market. They go to the very next site that is ready. Permits, backhaul and equipment delivered. Whichever site is next ready in the market, they will go to that one next. Of they run out of sites ready with backhaul upgrades, they will start doing 3G conversions to keep busy.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

They are not working in any one community. They are working in the entire North Wisconsin market. They go to the very next site that is ready. Permits, backhaul and equipment delivered. Whichever site is next ready in the market, they will go to that one next. Of they run out of sites ready with backhaul upgrades, they will start doing 3G conversions to keep busy.

Ok, sounds fine with me.. the one that is 4g is across the river in view.. I have full service, so all is well.

Thank you for your knowledge!

When we made the switch from AT&T I joked that Sprint would launch LTE here before AT&T got 3g (still edge).

I'm laughing my tail off, as the AT&T upgrade completion date hot pushed back again, to July.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

When we made the switch from AT&T I joked that Sprint would launch LTE here before AT&T got 3g (still edge).

I'm laughing my tail off' date=' as the AT&T upgrade completion date hot pushed back again, to July.

[/quote']

I got freaked out thinking I might have had a flaky phone cause I didn't have any lte. And bam it was there. Very cool!

I'm laughing my tail off, as the AT&T upgrade completion date hot pushed back again, to July.

There are a lot of places that Sprint beat AT&T with LTE. And Sprint even beat VZW with LTE in a few places (like Fredericksburg, TX). But it's very satisfying to hear of places where Sprint LTE arrived before AT&T even got off 2G. :)

That's the way it is here in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Sprint has 3G, Tmo and AT&T only have 2G EDGE. If Sprint gets LTE here in the next few months, they will have LTE here before AT&T even has 3G. It's priceless.

There are a lot of places that Sprint beat AT&T with LTE. And Sprint even beat VZW with LTE in a few places (like Fredericksburg' date=' TX). But it's very satisfying to hear of places where Sprint LTE arrived before AT&T even got off 2G. :)

That's the way it is here in Los Alamos, New Mexico. Sprint has 3G, Tmo and AT&T only have 2G EDGE. If Sprint gets LTE here in the next few months, they will have LTE here before AT&T even has 3G. It's priceless.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD[/quote']

Puts us closer to the top. :-)

I'm patiently waiting in Green Bay/Appleton. I was at a Sprint Corporate store about a week ago and all the guy could tell me is that we should be up by the end of the year.

Now that Stevens Point has it though, you would think Green Bay/Appleton wouldn't be too far behind, right?

I'm patiently waiting in Green Bay/Appleton. I was at a Sprint Corporate store about a week ago and all the guy could tell me is that we should be up by the end of the year.

Now that Stevens Point has it though' date=' you would think Green Bay/Appleton wouldn't be too far behind, right?[/quote']

Work is underway

• Like 1

Guest tazman

Not sure how LTE works but I was driving south from Wausau with my wife heading to Madison on Sunday and I had her turn hre iPhone 5 to LTE in the Stevens Point Area and we couldn't get an LTE signal. Do you need to "reboot" the phone.

Still paitenly waiting for the Wausau area.

Not sure how LTE works but I was driving south from Wausau with my wife heading to Madison on Sunday and I had her turn hre iPhone 5 to LTE in the Stevens Point Area and we couldn't get an LTE signal. Do you need to "reboot" the phone.

Still paitenly waiting for the Wausau area.

I had lte in point the other day. And still nothing here in Wausau.

Now that Stevens Point has it though, you would think Green Bay/Appleton wouldn't be too far behind, right?

The whole market is under deployment. Including Green Bay. The guy at Sprint may be talking about market launch for Green Bay. Which may be at the end of the year.

The whole market is under deployment. Including Green Bay. The guy at Sprint may be talking about market launch for Green Bay. Which may be at the end of the year.

Thank you. So I'm guessing Deployment means that we may start seeing some towers pop up and may be connecting to LTE soon where Market Launch is basically the final stage where Sprint can say that the majority of that Market has LTE?

Thank you. So I'm guessing Deployment means that we may start seeing some towers pop up and may be connecting to LTE soon where Market Launch is basically the final stage where Sprint can say that the majority of that Market has LTE?

Yep. That's pretty much it.

Robert

• Like 1

I see they were working all day all over town on fiber. Not even a single tower was started here yet.

Cool. What town is this? And what do you mean by fiber?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Any update on the Northern Wisconsin rollout? Specifically Green Bay.

Nothing new lately.  LTE is live in Fond du Lac and Stevons Point and there has been some 3g accepted in the market.  Other than that there has not been anything.

Man this LTE can't come any quicker. I talked to a reginal director and he said June 1st it would be available in Green Bay...but I know that's just talk...

I've been having a lot of issues lately with my 3G internet connection so I'm thinking all the upgrading is causing this.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edited by gbpack12