Network Vision/LTE - North Wisconsin Market (Wausau/Green Bay/Appleton)

n9ovreric

Ok, found the Sensorly app. Now it's just pending route assignment.

I'm wondering if it was upgraded so they could provide connectivity for the juvenile prison up there.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Ok, found the Sensorly app. Now it's just pending route assignment.

I'm wondering if it was upgraded so they could provide connectivity for the juvenile prison up there.

Probably not. Sprint is upgrading all their sites. Subcontractors go to each site the moment it is ready. Many rural sites are easier and faster to permit and often already are located on regional fiber trunks. Each site is worked on the moment it is ready.

I'm sure there are a few instances where sites were selected to be early for a priority. However, there is something of equal importance as the juvenile prison in almost every community in the country.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Valid point. The only reason that came to mind is that is the only thing for miles. Irma isn't so much a town as it is a house and a gas station.

It may be on a main fiber channel though. If the tower is the one I think it is, it's right off 51, and the trunk runs right up the east side if memory serves.

I'm on my way up there shortly. Anyone have a plot point for the tower in question?

• Like 1

Valid point. The only reason that came to mind is that is the only thing for miles. Irma isn't so much a town as it is a house and a gas station.

It may be on a main fiber channel though. If the tower is the one I think it is, it's right off 51, and the trunk runs right up the east side if memory serves.

I'm on my way up there shortly. Anyone have a plot point for the tower in question?

I'm in the car currently and cannot look it up for you. However, if 1 of our sponsor wanted to look that up for you and give you the cross streets I'm okay with that.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

It's mapped, but no LTE. I got within site of the tower. I can upload when I get home.

Thanks for checking.

Hi all.

Just travelling back from Green Bay to the twin cities and hit a 4g tower about a half mile east of Boyd, WI on 29. Lte in the middle of bfe wisconsin. Managed a speetest on my gnote 2. 27mbps down. 10mbps up. Can't say it makes sense why sprints upgrading the tower for the 2 dairy farms within reception, but there it is.

Hi all.

Just travelling back from Green Bay to the twin cities and hit a 4g tower about a half mile east of Boyd, WI on 29. Lte in the middle of bfe wisconsin. Managed a speetest on my gnote 2. 27mbps down. 10mbps up. Can't say it makes sense why sprints upgrading the tower for the 2 dairy farms within reception, but there it is.

You didn't happen to run Sensorly did you?

Welcome to the forums! There's lots of information here. Including why Sprint is upgrading rural towers. They are upgrading all towers, as soon as they are ready, and it's often the rural ones that are easier to upgrade, so they get LTE sometimes sooner than city towers.

No. I wasn't running sensorly. Totally didn't expect to see 4g until I94 at hudson. I check these forums quite a bit just haven't had any info worth posting. Hence my name. I have mapped sensorly data in west seventh area of St. Paul though.

No. I wasn't running sensorly. Totally didn't expect to see 4g until I94 at hudson. I check these forums quite a bit just haven't had any info worth posting. Hence my name. I have mapped sensorly data in west seventh area of St. Paul though.

Ok, thanks for the report! Perhaps someone else nearby with Sensorly will catch it. I don't think we'd had any reports from that area yet.

It's mapped' date=' but no LTE. I got within site of the tower. I can upload when I get home.

[/quote']

I wonder if they have it blocked? That is just weird. I thought once its ready they turn it on.

I wonder if they have it blocked? That is just weird. I thought once its ready they turn it on.

There are probably 3 or 4 dozen sites that are completed that are not live for whatever reason.

I buzzed it twice with no luck. I got some speed tests too. The Irma tower, and that is.

Or, you may be a victim of the dreaded "EVO LTE New Market Curse", where the EVO doesn't reliably transition from 3G to 4G in areas where 4G-enabled towers are not densely populated. The Irma Tower being the only Sprint LTE cell in just about forever, your phone simply may not have made the switch, and you would have needed to perform the increasingly popular and exciting "Airplane Mode Dance" to actually see the 4G (especially exciting if you are driving an 18-wheeler near the speed limit [of course you are driving near the speed limit, no respectable S4GRU-er would drive OVER the speed limit!] on I-39).

Drat! I have this irrational, possibly insane :mad2: , urge to see some purple, centered on that darned Irma Tower, which is especially weird because I live hundreds of miles away, in a region with lots of 4G LTE (and also lots of places where there ain't no 4G LTE, even where you are surrounded by it), and there is no earthly reason why I should even remotely care.

Oh, well: C'MON IRMA!!!! FIRE UP THAT LTE!!!

Ok, stupid n00b question. Where does Sensorly save the data??

To Sensorly servers. I think they are in France.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD